:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Daspoop/Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 47   Go Down

Author Topic: UI's 703hp Purple beast - She is injured  (Read 267762 times)

Urban Indian

• Snow Mexican
  • Certified OG

one and the same.

It has a new home. i am going to do this one right
The clock doesn'#039#039t own me

Topless chick + dominos pizza + 750hp civic = epic win

88dx

• Certified OG

My $1 bet still stands 8)

Urban Indian

• Snow Mexican
  • Certified OG

Got some paint for free today. Just need to go find hardener/reducer and some supplies.  :noel:

Passenger

• Certified OG

Got some paint for free today. Just need to go find hardener/reducer and some supplies.  :noel:

Shouldn't you be more concerned with actually putting your car together?

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium

Shouldn't you be more concerned with actually putting your car together?

This.

Motor and Trans in car > Paint.
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
  • Go outside and play hide and go fuckyourself

Great... Levi has more paint...   I cant wait.
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/joeymisanthropy/Misce/TURBOTHIS.jpg

H series 35 pounds... Will turn you out!
 ---GFI we build FAST---

sewell94

• Certified OG
  • Border Jumper

sedwell dont neeed them I know why he WANTS them butr you dont need them

There not required,  but w/o a doubt they are a better plug. I used to feel that the irdiums were a waste of money because the coppers work well, but after i actually used them i changed my opinion on them. I am a cheap bastard, and the irdiums are what I run in my own personal car. i pay 6 bucks a pop for them. They last longer and will fire at mixtures the coppers won't.

I never said UI had to get them, he asked what i used in my car, and then asked me what i recommended. I told him i perfered the irdiums but the coppers would be fine. With all of the issues he's had, he needs all the help he can get.

If you need more fender/tire clearance, move the shock out of the lower fork some. Just make sure the 14mm bolts are nice and tight .
My real power is not interweb-based, although it does allow me to come across in the interwebs as a magical being shooting pixie dust and cupcakes out my asshole and such.

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!

Could just whip up a quick spacer plate to go above top hat for the strut.  That could help get you some room also.  Why the fuck have the updates died off by the way.  When do we get to see the abomination turbo?
You hhave just failed on so many levels, im waiting for someone else to verbally slap you in the gooch with a mallet

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium

I am going to assume that the updates have died off as Levi's need for an end of semester party > purple car being finished.

Levi, 3 weeks from today that thing needs to be on a trailer, better start hauling ass. 
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG

sedwell dont neeed them I know why he WANTS them butr you dont need them

There not required,  but w/o a doubt they are a better plug. I used to feel that the irdiums were a waste of money because the coppers work well, but after i actually used them i changed my opinion on them. I am a cheap bastard, and the irdiums are what I run in my own personal car. i pay 6 bucks a pop for them. They last longer and will fire at mixtures the coppers won't.

I never said UI had to get them, he asked what i used in my car, and then asked me what i recommended. I

I have had issue with the non resistor aspect of 8 and greater heat range plugs cause me very troublesome ignition issues in the past... I ran the irridums...They were a "band aid" 6 a pop is retarded though, since changing some things, i havent had any issue... I tol,d  im months ago when the whole bucking thing was happening to try them, I wouldnt however trust his Canadian ways to gap the super small electrode... Ive heard tale of there beiong a lower cost resistor irridium available, but cant remember specifics.

Maybe ill try a set for shits an gigles and see if my lean pop goes away at idle, if it does ill stroke you odff at the meet... I didnt think about that. Just put new wires and cap/rotor in it....

Bottom line:

Levi, I know you LOVE pissing money away, nut you in no way need the irridiums.

---GFI we build FAST---

narfdanarf

iridium 9's in my slut.

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG

Let me know how those work out on the street for you.... hahaha.

---GFI we build FAST---

narfdanarf

haha I'm sure you'll get to see first hand  :noel:

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG

Not sure how often you plan on street driving it, but 9s id think would be prone to load up pretty good in stop and go. Not that you cant blow them off...

LOL

---GFI we build FAST---

Urban Indian

• Snow Mexican
  • Certified OG

Motor is still at the machine shop they havent touched it yet.

I am just going to have my machinist friend make me a spacer for my tranny.

I have to make up a gap of .023 to get it into the .004 tolerance spec. It is .027 to have the case tight and the spec says .000-.004

Current single spacer is .078 which would mean I need a .023 spacer to make this fit. Nearest shim is .026 but that leaves a gap of .007

I need to have a single .101 spacer or some kind of combo of 2 factory spacers to make this case close from the top because the pinion gear is exactly in the direct middle of the FD so I don't want to shim from the bottom.

This is using just the roller bearing shims but if I use the b18b1 snap ring shim in combo with the taper bearing flat washer shim I can get it to .0018 with factory shims.

I think I was having problems with blow by. Thats why I was going through plugs like a mad man.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 02:03:12 PM by Urban Indian »

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG

I am just going to have my machinist friend make me a spacer for my tranny.

I have to make up a gap of .023 to get it into the .004 tolerance spec. It is .027 to have the case tight and the spec says .000-.004

Current single spacer is .078 which would mean I need a .023 spacer to make this fit. Nearest shim is .026 but that leaves a gap of .007

I need to have a single .101 spacer or some kind of combo of 2 factory spacers to make this case close from the top because the pinion gear is exactly in the direct middle of the FD so I don't want to shim from the bottom.

This is using just the roller bearing shims but if I use the b18b1 snap ring shim in combo with the taper bearing flat washer shim I can get it to .0018 with factory shims.

You have me coinfused... ENGRISH PREASE

---GFI we build FAST---

sewell94

• Certified OG
  • Border Jumper

They work just fine on the street, i have a bunch of guys running around on them, with any fouling issues.   I run them down to ~6:1 afr and haven't fouled a set out.

Gapping irdiums is very easy, if you do it with the right tool. Beating them on something to close the gap isnt the proper way to do it. 
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 03:05:04 PM by sewell94 »
My real power is not interweb-based, although it does allow me to come across in the interwebs as a magical being shooting pixie dust and cupcakes out my asshole and such.

onlyflash944

• Certified OG
  • Jack of all trades, Master of none

the way i see specing out transmissions is if it fits, it get installed.  no more miles than i'm going to be putting on my d series build, i dont' give two fucks about how much the main shaft is shimmed.  the case went back together, so im not worried about it.  you can worry about it then go out there on the first pass and blow something out the case

but then again, i have about 4.3 spares laying around and don't give a shit since i'm a cheap nigglet

You read some forums? nbspnbsp Cool, I tune cars.

Its your fucking car, if you want to hack it up fucking go for it.

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG

They work just fine on the street, i have a bunch of guys running around on them, with any fouling issues.   I run them down to ~6:1 afr and haven't fouled a set out.

Gapping irdiums is very easy, if you do it with the right tool. Beating them on something to close the gap isnt the proper way to do it. 

Its easy period if you have a brain in your skull, however Levis recent follies have me concerned.

---GFI we build FAST---

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium

Its easy period if you have a brain in your skull, however Levis continuing follies have me concerned.

Fixed for accuracy.

Urban Indian

• Snow Mexican
  • Certified OG

I am in a delicate place right now fella's. Do not take my recent events as the norm.

But

the way i see specing out transmissions is if it fits, it get installed.  no more miles than i'm going to be putting on my d series build, i dont' give two fucks about how much the main shaft is shimmed.  the case went back together, so im not worried about it.  you can worry about it then go out there on the first pass and blow something out the case

but then again, i have about 4.3 spares laying around and don't give a shit since i'm a cheap nigglet

all of this is retarded. I actually have a little money in this transmission, its not a fucking stock brick here. I need it to be able to hold power

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG

Its not going to last long at your power level, but you know that already. For all practical purpses the car is a racecar... The drivetrain needs to have an applicable upgrade.

STAT

---GFI we build FAST---

Urban Indian

• Snow Mexican
  • Certified OG

I have taken up other new hobbies.

The tranny will be made to last for a couple months until I buy a PPG set.

I'll make the power I want then lower it until I can afford to drop $7g

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG

I have taken up other new hobbies.

The tranny will be made to last for a couple months until I buy a PPG set.

I'll make the power I want then lower it until I can afford to drop $7g

My question is why would you... But whatever. Liberty... 3k used.  If i were you id get a syncro set, not a dog box... but thats just me.

---GFI we build FAST---

Urban Indian

• Snow Mexican
  • Certified OG

For all practical purpses the car is a racecar... The drivetrain needs to have an applicable upgrade.

?????? make up your mind

lol but for all practical reasons I will figure it out closer it comes to the time I purchase it. I want a syncro-set

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG

For all practical purpses the car is a racecar... The drivetrain needs to have an applicable upgrade.

?????? make up your mind

lol but for all practical reasons I will figure it out closer it comes to the time I purchase it. I want a syncro-set

Theres nothing to make up my mind about.. You have a street car with a race motor in it. Regardless of the cars intent, it needs a drivetrain suited to the power it makes.

Get it?

I dont speak prairie nigger so i hope so.  At kleast youre not being a retard and arguing about how a dog box is so awesome on the street, its not, and they arent cheap to fix/ replace either.

---GFI we build FAST---

Urban Indian

• Snow Mexican
  • Certified OG

I was checkin it for the K-series and they have a syncro 2-3.

Maybe it will come out for the b

bouncinofftherevlimiter

thats half the enjoyment of getting new plugs.... damn you take all my fun away...

No longer own a turbo car...

94 Accord, first running 4g63 piston/h22 rod/f22 block &ampamp crank

HX35 18lb 486hp/391tq

narfdanarf

I am looking into getting the albins syncro set myself.  You can piece it together IE 3/4, and 1/2 and final drive all together its about 3800, and it's helical instead of straight cut so it shouldn't crack cases so easily like the taiwanese mfactory stuff.  Zol has been beating on his with about 850whp and it's holding up no problems.

Urban Indian

• Snow Mexican
  • Certified OG

I had a lead on a new company trying to break into the scene.

But he has been seriously flaking lately and its pissing me off

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 47   Go Up