:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AJ's 1966 Nova LSX twin turbo build! (link)

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 47   Go Down

Author Topic: UI's 703hp Purple beast - She is injured  (Read 267752 times)

sewell94

• Certified OG
  • Border Jumper
Re: UI's 703hp Purple beast - Its Aliiiiive
« Reply #1020 on: May 17, 2010, 12:15:03 AM »

Piston and valve had issues with each other, decided to go to war, with both sides losing.

My real power is not interweb-based, although it does allow me to come across in the interwebs as a magical being shooting pixie dust and cupcakes out my asshole and such.

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #1021 on: May 17, 2010, 12:17:53 AM »

Piston and valve had issues with each other, decided to go to war, with both sides losing.

ok, But what caused it to happen?
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

sewell94

• Certified OG
  • Border Jumper
« Reply #1022 on: May 17, 2010, 12:21:40 AM »

The piston and valve had contact, dropping the valve heads destroying the piston and head.
My real power is not interweb-based, although it does allow me to come across in the interwebs as a magical being shooting pixie dust and cupcakes out my asshole and such.

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #1023 on: May 17, 2010, 12:23:35 AM »

Didnt this same shit happen to his old setup too? Poor canuk, that shit sucks man.
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

runsfromdacops

• Certified OG
« Reply #1024 on: May 17, 2010, 08:34:37 PM »

no pix?
GFI co-founder
twin turbo rear mount V1 CTS-V
built 383. 875/860RW pump/meth @ 18psi
turbo gixxer1000 250rwhp on pump @7psi
turbo integra 601/370 pump/meth @24 psi

speedjunky01

« Reply #1025 on: May 17, 2010, 08:37:39 PM »

that sucks i was inspired by another baller ass 4dr

sewell94

• Certified OG
  • Border Jumper
« Reply #1026 on: May 17, 2010, 09:16:04 PM »

Didnt this same shit happen to his old setup too? Poor canuk, that shit sucks man.

Ya poor guy, this is the second time.   Car was hauling ass making great power. Had his hx52/55 combo hitting 15lbs by 4k rpms.

Urban Indian

• Snow Mexican
  • Certified OG
« Reply #1027 on: May 17, 2010, 09:20:08 PM »

Yup.

Guess thats what happens when you have rednecks degree your cams.

Tom is going to hook me up with some used parts. Ball hone that bitch and take some material out of the piston. and then slap it back together
The clock doesn'#039#039t own me

Topless chick + dominos pizza + 750hp civic = epic win

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
  • Go outside and play hide and go fuckyourself
« Reply #1028 on: May 17, 2010, 10:33:43 PM »

NO fucking ball hone nigger. STRAIGHT HONE do it RIGHT
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/joeymisanthropy/Misce/TURBOTHIS.jpg

H series 35 pounds... Will turn you out!
 ---GFI we build FAST---

speedjunky01

« Reply #1029 on: May 17, 2010, 10:38:36 PM »

It cam apart again? That sucks man part it and throw a d in there will be cheaper each time you blow it up on the dirt couple of pulls

boosted wagon

« Reply #1030 on: May 17, 2010, 10:41:07 PM »

Yup.

Guess thats what happens when you have rednecks degree your cams.

Tom is going to hook me up with some used parts. Ball hone that bitch and take some material out of the piston. and then slap it back together

Just fix it properly you have it finally running right and as long as the damage isnt to extensive you can probably fix it properly for $1000 >. Dont give up and half ass it know you are just about finally there.

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #1031 on: May 17, 2010, 10:54:50 PM »

I don't use ball hones. All the pistons need to come out anyways to get all the bits out. The scaring looks pretty minimal, I think he got lucky on this one. I'm hoping to only take .0015" off or less. Luckily we only need one piston, I'm gonna get a hold of CP as well and see how much valve relief these pistons have, I might add some more if necessary. I've got a lead on a head, Tom may have one as well. Turbine wheel needs a small cleanup, hopefully no need for replacement.

Tom, do you have a piston?

sewell94

• Certified OG
  • Border Jumper
« Reply #1032 on: May 17, 2010, 11:29:15 PM »

I don't use ball hones. All the pistons need to come out anyways to get all the bits out. The scaring looks pretty minimal, I think he got lucky on this one. I'm hoping to only take .0015" off or less. Luckily we only need one piston, I'm gonna get a hold of CP as well and see how much valve relief these pistons have, I might add some more if necessary. I've got a lead on a head, Tom may have one as well. Turbine wheel needs a small cleanup, hopefully no need for replacement.

I haven't made it to my shop yet, i passed out as soon as i got home. I'll let you know tmw on the head and piston.

Doesnt really matter how much relief the pistons have, they need more. 

I'm 99% sure that the issues was a cam timing issue, but the extra PV room isnt going to hurt anything. The domes on the pistons are super thick, you should be able to measure the thickness of the demolished one then work your way back from there. .030 should be about right.

Levi mentioned me claying the engine when i come up, but why go through the hassle of reinstalling everything and then having to pull it all back apart to flycut them if there isnt enough room.  Cut them now, and call it a day.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 11:33:05 PM by sewell94 »

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #1033 on: May 17, 2010, 11:40:47 PM »

I haven't made it to my shop yet, i passed out as soon as i got home. I'll let you know tmw on the head and piston.

I'm 99% sure that the issues was a cam timing issue, but the extra PV room isnt going to hurt anything. The domes on the pistons are super thick, you should be able to measure the thickness of the demolished one then work your way back from there. .030 should be about right.

Levi mentioned me claying the engine when i come up, but why go through the hassle of reinstalling everything and then having to pull it all back apart to flycut them if there isnt enough room.  Cut them now, and call it a day.

Yeah, I agree, I'll pull this shit box apart next week and start machining.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #1034 on: May 18, 2010, 12:06:30 AM »

Dave, order the degree wheel, and add it to Levi's bill. Or Levi order it and have it shipped direct to Dave. At least this way with out a doubt everyone will know it is done and done right.

I have my doubts cars degree'd it at all. They probably just left it sit there for two weeks, and then when levi started pushing them for the motor, they said "oh yeah it's done come get it" charged him and never touched it.

Levi, look at Cars track record with Joel's motor, that thing has been rebuilt there like 6 times at least. Not saying Joel is the sharpest tool in the shed, but even still dart block, good rods, pistons, head... never did add up.

For the money and time you have put into this car, there is no point in "ball honing it and slapping it together" as WTM said you are ~$1000 and a couple weeks away from being at where your goal was for this weekend. It all sucks but it is part of a race car, they break all the time, and there are set backs all the time. 

Take heed in the fact that the new harness and Tom's tune was able to get it to idle, and be driveable that was a big step forward.
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #1035 on: May 18, 2010, 12:21:39 AM »

Dave, order the degree wheel, and add it to Levi's bill. Or Levi order it and have it shipped direct to Dave. At least this way with out a doubt everyone will know it is done and done right.

I have my doubts cars degree'd it at all. They probably just left it sit there for two weeks, and then when levi started pushing them for the motor, they said "oh yeah it's done come get it" charged him and never touched it.

Levi, look at Cars track record with Joel's motor, that thing has been rebuilt there like 6 times at least. Not saying Joel is the sharpest tool in the shed, but even still dart block, good rods, pistons, head... never did add up.

For the money and time you have put into this car, there is no point in "ball honing it and slapping it together" as WTM said you are ~$1000 and a couple weeks away from being at where your goal was for this weekend. It all sucks but it is part of a race car, they break all the time, and there are set backs all the time. 

Take heed in the fact that the new harness and Tom's tune was able to get it to idle, and be driveable that was a big step forward.

Who makes a dial indicator fixture for these heads? Where can I buy one and a degree wheel?

Levi I think you should have a few words with the guys that "degree'd" your cams.

Its a real shame, this car was totally hauling ass for an hour or two before it went boom :(

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
« Reply #1036 on: May 18, 2010, 12:23:02 AM »

tOATALY AGREE WITH THE DONKEY LOVER

---GFI we build FAST---

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #1037 on: May 18, 2010, 12:27:06 AM »

Where can I get the fixture from your royal chubbyness?

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
« Reply #1038 on: May 18, 2010, 12:32:45 AM »

These issues were partially whats behind my staying away from cams thus far (That and drivability). I KNOW theyd REALLY help my midrange, and therefore help make power over where im at NOW with what I have...

BUT

Hs have been known to even have issues swapping Type S cams into USDM heads sometimes and having guide/ deal interferance issues.

After talking to Tom about the H heads, their flow characterisitcs and the fact hes actually flowed them (in addition A lopez and others in his group are making 800 on the same JDM spec cams Im using) I feel alot better and more confident that my pile wont have any issue making the next goal I have set for it. With no more than injectors. I was informed that the exhaust poerts arent as bad as I was under the impression they were... SO whats left to do besides turn it up and crank fuel at it...

The new Bosch 1100s are definately the ticket to augment my current fuel system. I was AMAZED where Alexs teg was idling AF wise. If they work that well with a 65 pound base in my car Ill pee a little bit. From what Ive SEEN thus far it surely appears they are more than simply hype

Mitch Marcus and I are in on the bosch bandwagon. For sure.

---GFI we build FAST---

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
« Reply #1039 on: May 18, 2010, 12:33:30 AM »

Where can I get the fixture from your royal chubbyness?

Quit typing Canadian so I can understand you fool... LOL

---GFI we build FAST---

highroller54

• I caught the fable Novacorn
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Spreading the rhmt word like PB&J
« Reply #1040 on: May 18, 2010, 12:35:47 AM »

I fucking hate myself for this but hes the only guy I know that sells this.

http://www.xenocron.com/bseries-vtec-cam-fixture-kit-p-360.html
Xenocron is a piece of shit.

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/turbo1.gif

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #1041 on: May 18, 2010, 12:37:01 AM »

LOL, I just pm'd that to Dave, as I couldn't bring myself to post it. As it was the only place I could think of as well.
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #1042 on: May 18, 2010, 12:44:52 AM »

Where can I get the fixture from, your royal chubbyness?

Quit typing Canadian so I can understand you fool... LOL

I added a comma for you, bitch tits :-*

highroller54

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #1043 on: May 18, 2010, 12:46:12 AM »

LOL, I just pm'd that to Dave, as I couldn't bring myself to post it. As it was the only place I could think of as well.

Yup, I cryed a little. I can only hope Dave does a credit card charge back and gets it for free.  :mexi:

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/turbo1.gif

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #1044 on: May 18, 2010, 12:47:22 AM »

There must be another place ???

highroller54

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #1045 on: May 18, 2010, 12:49:32 AM »

I think he hes the only one that sells for Mike.  :-\

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #1046 on: May 18, 2010, 12:53:13 AM »

I think he hes the only one that sells for Mike.  :-\

Mike is the only guy that makes a kit?
I could just make one myself but I don't want to.

highroller54

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #1047 on: May 18, 2010, 12:56:15 AM »

that I know of yes, everyone uses that kit. Even the skunk2 fagots iirc.

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #1048 on: May 18, 2010, 01:06:19 AM »

that I know of yes, everyone uses that kit. Even the skunk2 fagots iirc.

I found  guy that might have a used one, I'm waiting for a reply email. So Xenofraud is the only other option? I'm surprised being that there are a million B series out there, do some people not degree their cams?

highroller54

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #1049 on: May 18, 2010, 01:09:23 AM »

Lots clay and then turn them on the dyno untill they are happy but acuall degreeing, not many.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 47   Go Up