:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 47   Go Down

Author Topic: UI's 703hp Purple beast - She is injured  (Read 267767 times)

highroller54

• I caught the fable Novacorn
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Spreading the rhmt word like PB&J
Re: UI's 703hp Purple beast - Its Aliiiiive
« Reply #1050 on: May 18, 2010, 01:26:20 AM »

what cams are in barney? what compression piston?
Xenocron is a piece of shit.

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/turbo1.gif

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #1051 on: May 18, 2010, 01:39:25 AM »

Lots clay and then turn them on the dyno untill they are happy but acuall degreeing, not many.

Seems bizarre to me.

d112crzy

• Certified OG
  • white power
    • CrzyTuning
« Reply #1052 on: May 18, 2010, 02:36:48 AM »

You guys can make your own kits... Its just a plate that goes over the cam bridges with holes for dial indicators and a degree wheel.

Plus, knowing clearances is 100x more important than degreeing. Know where you can move the cams to safely and play with them on the dyno.
www.crzytuning.com

Nobody comes into my house and shits all over it.  

Urban Indian

• Snow Mexican
  • Certified OG
« Reply #1053 on: May 18, 2010, 03:39:00 AM »

compression is 8.5:1 and cams are skunk2 pro1's

i am going to get dave to check the spring pressure in those motherfuckers too. Wondering if I am having a float issue with those supertech springs.

Meh. I am selling a bunch of spare parts i have. Get some money
The clock doesn'#039#039t own me

Topless chick + dominos pizza + 750hp civic = epic win

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
  • Go outside and play hide and go fuckyourself
« Reply #1054 on: May 18, 2010, 04:02:49 AM »

compression is 8.5:1 and cams are skunk2 pro1's

i am going to get dave to check the spring pressure in those motherfuckers too. Wondering if I am having a float issue with those supertech springs.

Meh. I am selling a bunch of spare parts i have. Get some money

You are NOT "floating the valves" with those springs dude...  Not unless youve broke them. What in the fuck is making you think thats an issue???  Theres NO WAY thats what happened.
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/joeymisanthropy/Misce/TURBOTHIS.jpg

H series 35 pounds... Will turn you out!
 ---GFI we build FAST---

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #1055 on: May 18, 2010, 10:08:43 AM »

I know Belben personally if you have a moral issue buying his kit from xeno.  He's good people and doesn't want the hassle with sales, but I think he'd make one exception since everyone here (but Levi) is an adult.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #1056 on: May 18, 2010, 10:09:33 AM »

I know Belben personally if you have a moral issue buying his kit from xeno.  He's good people and doesn't want the hassle with sales, but I think he'd make one exception since everyone here (but Levi) is an adult.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #1057 on: May 18, 2010, 10:12:10 AM »

LOL

JD double post  ;D

highroller54

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #1058 on: May 18, 2010, 10:16:49 AM »

everyone here (but Levi) is an adult.

O0

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/turbo1.gif

highroller54

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #1059 on: May 18, 2010, 10:18:00 AM »

were are the carnage pics  ???

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #1060 on: May 18, 2010, 10:41:14 AM »

LOL

JD double post  ;D

My phone fucked up, I thought it didn't post at all.  I logged on with my laptop just now to try and make this post.

narfdanarf

« Reply #1061 on: May 18, 2010, 11:45:52 AM »

Send me some money for shipping and I'll send you my degree kit.  My bet is a v2v problem with the skunk2's not a p2v issue.  When I checked all of my clearances I needed like 3 degrees separation for the pro1's.  I had .5mm o/s valves on intake and exhaust though. Why I ordered the custom web 272's. They make more power than pro1's on my car anyway.

highroller54

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #1062 on: May 18, 2010, 12:02:20 PM »

My bet is a v2v problem with the skunk2's not a p2v issue. 

that makes sence but I think Urban still has stock sized valves. Might not make a big difference though.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #1063 on: May 18, 2010, 12:07:31 PM »

One footnote I should mention is that Sewell was talking about how something was wierd for a while but the car still made great power (mid 4's at 14-15 psi IIRC).  The hindsight was that shit was hitting for a while, and the Ferrea's are fucking amazing.

highroller54

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #1064 on: May 18, 2010, 12:17:25 PM »

I wonder if urbans local shop bent that shit up for him, adjust this way till it hits the piston, adjust that way till it hit, center between the two bingo degree'd.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #1065 on: May 18, 2010, 12:24:12 PM »

I wonder if urbans local shop bent that shit up for him, adjust this way till it hits the piston, adjust that way till it hit, center between the two bingo degree'd.

If in fact they even touched it...
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

sewell94

• Certified OG
  • Border Jumper
« Reply #1066 on: May 18, 2010, 12:36:18 PM »

Lots clay and then turn them on the dyno untill they are happy but acuall degreeing, not many.

Not many people degree their cams or clay their engines.

Dave,

Your way too smart to have to buy a fixture to degree some cams. A piston stop, 2 dial indicators  and your good to go.
My real power is not interweb-based, although it does allow me to come across in the interwebs as a magical being shooting pixie dust and cupcakes out my asshole and such.

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
  • Go outside and play hide and go fuckyourself
« Reply #1067 on: May 18, 2010, 01:01:36 PM »

My bet is a v2v problem with the skunk2's not a p2v issue.  When I checked all of my clearances I needed like 3 degrees separation for the pro1's. 

Thats what I was thinking... Didnt think the reliefs would be to blame....  BUT I also thought that he ran Stock size valves and it wouldnt be an issue unless something REALLY srtupid happened....

My Ferreas survived a severe mechanical overrev as well....  VERY happy I read about the s2 and superrtech junk and made my decision correctly.
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/joeymisanthropy/Misce/TURBOTHIS.jpg

H series 35 pounds... Will turn you out!
 ---GFI we build FAST---

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #1068 on: May 18, 2010, 01:12:55 PM »

Not many people degree their cams or clay their engines.

Dave,

Your way too smart to have to buy a fixture to degree some cams. A piston stop, 2 dial indicators  and your good to go.

The thing is if I make my own I am gonna basically build exactly what Mike has already done, by the time I buy three long indicators (I have plenty of standard ones here already but they aren't long enough) and waste some time making the holders I haven't saved much. Xenofraud is out of stock so I can't order from him anyways. I am waiting for this kid to email me back about his used one, he wants $225 for the kit with a degree wheel, that is cheap enough to not want to make it myself. If that doesn't happen I am going to take Narf up on his offer. Speaking of which, where in WA are you dude?

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #1069 on: May 18, 2010, 01:15:14 PM »

Send me some money for shipping and I'll send you my degree kit.  My bet is a v2v problem with the skunk2's not a p2v issue.  When I checked all of my clearances I needed like 3 degrees separation for the pro1's.  I had .5mm o/s valves on intake and exhaust though. Why I ordered the custom web 272's. They make more power than pro1's on my car anyway.

IIRC Urbans valves are .5mm OS as well...

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #1070 on: May 18, 2010, 01:19:38 PM »

One footnote I should mention is that Sewell was talking about how something was wierd for a while but the car still made great power (mid 4's at 14-15 psi IIRC).  The hindsight was that shit was hitting for a while, and the Ferrea's are fucking amazing.

True, the car hauled. It seemed like there was a bit of breakup very high in the rpm range, near 9000 or so. But I didn't really notice this until we were on the dyno, the day following a night full of ripping around bouncing off the rev limiter. Regardless as to the issue being v2v or p2v its funny it didn't break up earlier. It will be interesting to check the rest of the valve train out when I disassemble the head.

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #1071 on: May 18, 2010, 01:28:48 PM »

Narf, is down here by me dave, Hes just about 20 min south of me in bremerton, hes good peeps, you should take him up on his offer.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 01:30:31 PM by ratcityrex »
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

runsfromdacops

• Certified OG
« Reply #1072 on: May 18, 2010, 01:50:25 PM »

how hard is it to degree the motor? im new but it sounds like a good idea for me to do with the blox bs in my car and now all the free time i hve with no job.
GFI co-founder
twin turbo rear mount V1 CTS-V
built 383. 875/860RW pump/meth @ 18psi
turbo gixxer1000 250rwhp on pump @7psi
turbo integra 601/370 pump/meth @24 psi

sewell94

• Certified OG
  • Border Jumper
« Reply #1073 on: May 18, 2010, 01:54:54 PM »

True, the car hauled. It seemed like there was a bit of breakup very high in the rpm range, near 9000 or so. But I didn't really notice this until we were on the dyno, the day following a night full of ripping around bouncing off the rev limiter. Regardless as to the issue being v2v or p2v its funny it didn't break up earlier. It will be interesting to check the rest of the valve train out when I disassemble the head.

The car had zero breakup when we street tuned it. Only difference between the first pull on the dyno and the street was that i pulled a few degrees after seeing some specs on the plugs after the street tune. The AFR changed quite a bit from the street to the dyno, i assumed it was a lack of load on the dyno, in hindsight it was the valves being bent.    :(
My real power is not interweb-based, although it does allow me to come across in the interwebs as a magical being shooting pixie dust and cupcakes out my asshole and such.

sewell94

• Certified OG
  • Border Jumper
« Reply #1074 on: May 18, 2010, 02:00:50 PM »

A few of the pistons had marks from PV contact.  The intake cam was extremely advanced(ie full advanced on the cam gear). More advance=less PV clearance.        I'd been saying i didnt think it was right from the beginning, but they were "degreed" in.    I wish i woud have been told that it was the guys first time degreeing cams before this whole mishap.   

Gotta listen to your instincts sometimes.

Urban Indian

• Snow Mexican
  • Certified OG
Re: UI's 703hp Purple beast - She is injured
« Reply #1075 on: May 18, 2010, 07:52:07 PM »

found a GSR head on hater tech for $500. waiting for a reply

narfdanarf

« Reply #1076 on: May 18, 2010, 08:34:34 PM »

A few of the pistons had marks from PV contact.  The intake cam was extremely advanced(ie full advanced on the cam gear). More advance=less PV clearance.        I'd been saying i didnt think it was right from the beginning, but they were "degreed" in.    I wish i woud have been told that it was the guys first time degreeing cams before this whole mishap.   

Gotta listen to your instincts sometimes.

If the intake cam was advanced in relation to the exhaust cam I would bet a lot of money of v2v issues...plus if there was p2v contact that is still entirely possible from them being bent from a v2v clearance problem initially.  Regardless, it's safe to say it was some sort of cam timing issue, and at least we know why it broke. 

UI you should make a list of parts you need and some people can maybe help out or help you look for deals at least.  I know I could throw in a couple bucks or grab something cheap for ya.  I hate to see bad things happen to people who mean well and shit.  :D

Urban Indian

• Snow Mexican
  • Certified OG
Re: UI's 703hp Purple beast - She is injured
« Reply #1077 on: May 18, 2010, 08:52:30 PM »

I need 1 84mm CP piston and 2 intake 2 exhaust .05mm oversized valves

that being said, who knows if those other valves are bent at all, have to wait to pull the head.

I also found some guy in Vancouver WA selling a GSR head for $500, Hot tanked milled and full of ITR shit.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #1078 on: May 18, 2010, 09:06:08 PM »

If the intake cam was advanced in relation to the exhaust cam I would bet a lot of money of v2v issues...plus if there was p2v contact that is still entirely possible from them being bent from a v2v clearance problem initially. 

Ding ding ding. 

At the end of the day it could be a lot of shit, but this makes the most sense. 

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #1079 on: May 18, 2010, 09:10:23 PM »

If the intake cam was advanced in relation to the exhaust cam I would bet a lot of money of v2v issues...plus if there was p2v contact that is still entirely possible from them being bent from a v2v clearance problem initially. 

Ding ding ding. 

At the end of the day it could be a lot of shit, but this makes the most sense. 

I'm kinda thinking its v2v as well. I haven't cleaned the engine at all yet, but I didn't think there was much in the way of p2v evidence.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 47   Go Up