:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BDVT's BroDozzer gets compound twin turbos!... (link)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 47   Go Down

Author Topic: UI's 703hp Purple beast - She is injured  (Read 267767 times)

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS

So 14 + 14 + 14 + 14 +14 + 14 = 9 gauge?

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium

It seems more realistic to me that:

14ga + 14ga = ~7ga

and 14 + 14 + 14 + 14 + 14 + 14= ~ 2 gauge

But I really don't know, hence the reason I asked the question in the first place.
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS

If it were mine it would get the ID injectors (I know they dont flow like 1600s, but there will be PLENTY for his goal, and they will idle WAY fucking better than the 1600s).

1525cc if you crank the base pressure to be exact ;)

Depends on the fuel you use to test them.

131 psi for pump gas, 101 psi for test fluid/c16.  Not many conventional pumps flow that well at such "high" pressures, figure any engine needing that size injector needs 30+ psi resulting in that pressure added on top of the base. 

Mister Crane, you've read a lot on the internets but if you'd read as long as most of our OGs you'd be aware of how shitty FMU-like fuel pressures are as your fuel lines become prone to leak and burst.  All this aside, it's still cheaper to run a secondary rail that comes on with VTEC, replace factory injector drivers with CS452/CS453, or one of the other tricks that are pretty much commonplace.  I know I'd rather gang a couple cheap and readily available Walbros than fool around with some oddball shit that isn't readily available and isn't proven.

Just because the technology is new does not mean it is worthwhile.  For example: VTEC.  That's a worthless sticker technology if I've ever seen one.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium

Since we are delving into injectors and such, JD what do you use to bring the voltage up at the injector to run things like 1600's?

IMHO ID1000's seem to be a good injector, just as long as you run them as a 880 - 1200cc injector.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 02:07:11 AM by dvst8r »
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS

I don't, that's Sewell's trick but it's nothing more than a buck-boost regulator with some ass behind it.  Not a bad idea, that.

My only 1600cc experience was with an FJO driver box; they wouldn't idle cleanly, precise injector control at idle and light throttle was complete shit, they were taken off and shelved.

I've nothing against the Injector Dynamics stuff, but I haven't had any problems out of plain jane Precisions.  The cars idle smoothly, and make 600 to 700-something whp off of a set of four.  I can deal with that.

Chriscrane

If it were mine it would get the ID injectors (I know they dont flow like 1600s, but there will be PLENTY for his goal, and they will idle WAY fucking better than the 1600s).

1525cc if you crank the base pressure to be exact ;)

Depends on the fuel you use to test them.

131 psi for pump gas, 101 psi for test fluid/c16.  Not many conventional pumps flow that well at such "high" pressures, figure any engine needing that size injector needs 30+ psi resulting in that pressure added on top of the base. 

Mister Crane, you've read a lot on the internets but if you'd read as long as most of our OGs you'd be aware of how shitty FMU-like fuel pressures are as your fuel lines become prone to leak and burst.  All this aside, it's still cheaper to run a secondary rail that comes on with VTEC, replace factory injector drivers with CS452/CS453, or one of the other tricks that are pretty much commonplace.  I know I'd rather gang a couple cheap and readily available Walbros than fool around with some oddball shit that isn't readily available and isn't proven.

Just because the technology is new does not mean it is worthwhile.  For example: VTEC.  That's a worthless sticker technology if I've ever seen one.
my pops used these (16)injectors on his pro 5.0 car way before Tony1 made them all the rage on H.T, i have said it before these injectors are all the rage and then some, some people might like to be stuck back in 1990 technology but some choose not to, and yes i know all about the shitty fmu like symptoms of a rising rate system but lets face it, if your trying to get 1200 cc+ worth of fuel your probably not running the typical run of the mill broke  O0 setup, to me it seems way easier and simplier to go walbro intank to a bosch 044 mounted on the firewall to a set of i.d injectors, no secondary injectors to fail no switch to not engage. something can be said for following the old K.I.S.S method but different strokes for different folks

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS

The injectors themselves are switches that may or may not engage.  Also, the ignitor.   Ad nauseam.  If you really thing staged injectors are hugely complex and prone to failure... uh, okay.  Have you ever traced the data chain going from your chip to MCU???

Urban Indian

• Snow Mexican
  • Certified OG

email from FJO. I think my local wiser wire  rope shop has some 0ga welding cable for $2 a foot. I am going to hit them up.

To verify the ground use an ohm meter and measure the resistance (power off) between the ground of the driver box and the negative terminal of the battery. You should have less than 2 ohms. As a general rule we don't recommend grounding to the engine components because you also have the plugs grounding through it and that can cause noise. At this point it is hard to say what is happening without being able to watch the injector pulses with an osciliscope. It is not a problem we have encountered before so I am assuming it's not the box ... but I can't say for 100%.

Technical Support
The clock doesn'#039#039t own me

Topless chick + dominos pizza + 750hp civic = epic win

ApexSilver06MR

• RealHomeMadeTurbo's "pee wee"
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • RealHomeMadeTurbo Resident Cocksmith!

email from FJO. I think my local wiser wire  rope shop has some 0ga welding cable for $2 a foot. I am going to hit them up.

To verify the ground use an ohm meter and measure the resistance (power off) between the ground of the driver box and the negative terminal of the battery. You should have less than 2 ohms. As a general rule we don't recommend grounding to the engine components because you also have the plugs grounding through it and that can cause noise. At this point it is hard to say what is happening without being able to watch the injector pulses with an osciliscope. It is not a problem we have encountered before so I am assuming it's not the box ... but I can't say for 100%.

Technical Support

umm.. i still have a shit load of 0ga and also 2 and 4ga left from my shop!
pee wee for the size of my p..........

Nor*Cal Spoolin'#039#039 Nig Nog

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium

Did anyone ever watch the fuel pressure when he was on the dyno making eleventymillion low cam pulls? I am starting to wonder if he has a bad FPR?

Levi did you run the adjustable FPR on the LS setup as well?

Urban Indian

• Snow Mexican
  • Certified OG

yup same same. I am going to ground the ecu to the frame aswell. gotta do what I can niggas

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium

Try grabbing a stock FPR or borrow another adjustable one and see if anything changes. DO ONE ADJUSTMENT AT A TIME! This way you will know what worked and what didn't.

Urban Indian

• Snow Mexican
  • Certified OG

maybe try that after I do grounds.

and seeing as its a Aeromotive i think it would be good to go.

FUCK i just fixed the most ghetto return line ever.......

but I used 5/8 double wire hydrolic hose..... its too thick and wont let me use my dumptube so I am just leaving it apart until I get that stainless line in.

I had my return line good to go for $17.11 from Princess Auto........ until it wont let me use my dump tube. GHEY

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS

Aeromotive are generally good, but they do have diaphragm problems.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium

...and seeing as its a Aeromotive i think it would be good to go.

Anything can have a bad run or fail, and with all the bad luck this car has had I wouldn't over look anything. The battery relocation and the FPR are two of the few things that have been common to all of the motors.

d-rail

Have you tried by passing the battery relocation and puttin it back to stock along with all the wires? Just a thought.

Urban Indian

• Snow Mexican
  • Certified OG

Have you tried by passing the battery relocation and puttin it back to stock along with all the wires? Just a thought.

thought about it

except i have this weird thing called a catchcan sitting there. Trying to revert back to stock wiring right now

Urban Indian

• Snow Mexican
  • Certified OG

ok so grounded the thermostat housing to the frame, battery to the tranny

problem still there. I am going to try and put and put a different tune in there to see if it changes anything.

Then maybe ground the ECU to the frame. then I guess try and find a FPR (maybe just order a new one and exchange it)

I cant figure anything else out to be honest, I feel even if I change my injectors then shit will still be the same.

POS car

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS

POS Indian

trevor72

• trevwhore

Then maybe ground the ECU to the frame. then I guess try and find a FPR (maybe just order a new one and exchange it)

can you zip tie a vid camera to car rigged to capture the FPR readings at speed/ under tip in and part throttle?  or can you do this from under the hood and make it stumble whiles its parked?  Would be interesting to see or if nothing else rule it out. 

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium

POS Indian

+1

It was spelled out for you how to GROUND the car... If it fixes it or not, still should be done that way.

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG

Fuck it just put a hose barb where your fpr is and run a hose from it to the gauge that is duct taped to your windshield!

I remember leed talking about doing that to a car years ago as a last resort and they figured it out that way.
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

Urban Indian

• Snow Mexican
  • Certified OG

I ordered a new fpr. I will put another gauge in and then tape my camera to the car. Do that tonight maybe actually, and then I only have to ground the ecu and then I have no other grounds to do, I will ground the ecu to the tranny aswell as the thermo stat housing. Any more brilliant ideas brett?

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium

...Any more brilliant ideas brett?

Do the grounds right.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium

I am starting to wonder if he has a bad FPR?

.... Any more brilliant ideas brett?

Finish testing those brilliant idea's and then I will come up with more.  :-*

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium

So because I can't stand to see this fail anymore.

Battery To BLOCK.
Block to chassis
Block to frame
Block to T-stat
Block to ect...

You get the idea now I am sure.

This is what I went over with him two days ago, why has this not been done :?:

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium

Does it stumble in boost under part throttle?

highroller54

• I caught the fable Novacorn
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Spreading the rhmt word like PB&J

stop fucking with it untill yu get your new injectors.
Xenocron is a piece of shit.

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/turbo1.gif

trevor72

• trevwhore

I ordered a new fpr.

send me the old FPR i'll peel it open and see how the diaphragm looks

trevor72

• trevwhore

I will put another gauge in and then tape my camera to the car. Do that tonight maybe actually,

looking forward to that vid, and maybe seeing the car tonight if you're bringing it
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 47   Go Up