:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RHMT DIY Hub Dyno?!?!? check it. (link)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4age/4agze ecu solutions?  (Read 11818 times)

TTC

• Certified OG
Re: 4age/4agze ecu solutions?
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2010, 07:44:19 AM »

Since you are removing the honda distributor out of the loop we are essentially removing the dizzy, coil and ignitor but still keeipng the CAS ans such.

Does this mean we are using external coil and ignitor?  Would you use just a ford coil, or cop's?  Is the honda ecu capable of firing the coil, or does the dizzy usually do it?

OR do we keep the honda dizzy in the engine bay but just not mechanically hooked up, and let the ecu and new hall sensors act like an external trigger.

kgx

• MR2fag
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2010, 11:03:17 AM »

you'd use the 4AG mechanical distributor to distribute spark. the ECU drives the igniter, which drives the coil, so that can all be run externally from the distributor. in that respect, the toyota coil is likely close enough in specs to the honda stuff to just use that. i actually ran the toyota coil and igniter on my setup, but the IGT signal needs to be inverted and clamped to 5v to do that.

i do have some circuits drawn up that should work as COP drivers, but they're not tested at all. alternatively, you could cut 7 notches into the crank pulley and run a GM DIS module, since it's essentially a standalone electronic distributor.

toyolla86

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2010, 02:59:18 PM »

i ran my 4agte on MS. kept the stock dizzy though. stock is a hall/optical sensor.
if you go ms and do EDIS then you are going to need something different. (VR type?)
my setup ran great on the megasquirt.
if you go MS use the tunerstudio for $40. well worth it.

i sold mine for 300 after it was already built and tuned.
so these go for cheap. or maybe i just got ripped off.
twin50 son. get some

and stop acting like a muslim

TTC

• Certified OG
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2010, 03:41:04 PM »

Currently I use the VR sensor with the Ford EDIS ignition and MS.

Thing is, I have no room to use the toyota distributer, my turbo and manifold are all in the way. Any suggestions on using an alternate method to do this?

It would seem clamping a honda dizzy to my cam gear for me personally would be a better means of using honda ecus unless u have a better idea.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up