:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fucked up problem, need some help....Beach House doods, this my eg gsr headache.  (Read 2748 times)

Super Dipper

• Boost, Boobs, Beers

so the particulars:

92 canadian dx hatch. came with a 1.5L that didnt run.

the swapped motor is a built GSR block with Mahle 9.0:1 pistons, crower rods, ARP mains/head studs, B16 head stock, ITR intake and throttle body. LS exhaust manifold

ecu is a obd 1 P61, dizzy is a obd 1 GSR.

ECU's ive tried: P06, P28, P61, JDM P30

sensors ive replaced, Map, TPS, IACV, ECT
parts that ive replaced: cap, rotor, plug wires, plugs, coil, thermostat, throttlebody (swapped to do tests), fuel pump (walbro, running in conjunction with a B&M FPR to turn pressure down).

symptoms: give it WOT and it will get to 4k rpm and it will hit a brick wall, doesnt want to rev past it. if i roll onto the throttle, i will be able to get it up to 7k rpm, but it will not cross over to vtec and eventually it will kick a code 23.

if i reset the code and go for a drive, and as long as i shift before 4-4500 rpm, it will drive great. I can merge onto the hwy with the car and it will cruise at 100-110kph without issue, but as soon as i drop a gear and try to hammer on it, it wont let me. it will come up to 4k and just stop.

a while back i ended up pulling the head off and sent it out to get checked out and it came back with a clean bill of health. i did notice it was a ls-vtec head at one point with the plugged oil port. i thought this may have been the problem, so i removed the plug, put it all back together, and i had the same symptoms.

a buddy mentioned that it could also have been a plugged cat, so we popped off the b-pipe and took it for a drive and the same symptoms were present.

i ended up pulling the motor out and swapped in the motor from old ef race car which was a ls-vtec. i did swap over the ITR intake and sensors, but the long block minus manifolds were different and known good runners and the car did the same thing.

Im suspecting its an electrical issue with the car, but i dont know where the fuck i even start with it. The engine harness looks virgin and no one has ever fucked with it, so i wanna rule that out. The dash harness looks to be another story and someone has been in there....

maybe its time to pull the dash harness and see whats up, but any thoughts, opinons or suggestions would be appreciated. if all else fails, im gonna toss the shell and go get something else for my buddy. im getting tired of this.
Formly Quadtech...

Team 4 MotorSports
Island Speed Lab...+1 Speed is our business 03 G35- HKS GT Supercharged 6psi 97 sunfire GT - Turbo K20a...acquring parts 88 crx - turbo AWD track slut 88 crx turbo lsvtec - RIP

marcj

• Marc Jew
  • Certified OG
  • Never alone, Never again. (NA)

sounds like its in safe mode. fix the codes nigger

ApexSilver06MR

• RealHomeMadeTurbo's "pee wee"
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • RealHomeMadeTurbo Resident Cocksmith!

i think the knock code is one thing..

i had this problem a while back in the toyota after i pulled the 14b out..

turn fuel pressure down to 45 psi and use different injectors
pee wee for the size of my p..........

Nor*Cal Spoolin'#039#039 Nig Nog

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads

Had that problem when I had a spliced wire (bare not enough tape covering) for v-tech at the ecu grounding out to the cover of ecu.

Super Dipper

• Boost, Boobs, Beers

danwjmu:

car has a knock sensor and its pinned in correctly.

ApexSilver06MR:

ill shove the stock pump back in it and throw a different injector set in and try that. thx.

92CXyD

the added vtec wires go through the shock tower plugs on the pass side. being a 92 chassis, vtec was already prewired up to the towers.

ill try out the suggestions and report back.

thx folks
Formly Quadtech...

Team 4 MotorSports
Island Speed Lab...+1 Speed is our business 03 G35- HKS GT Supercharged 6psi 97 sunfire GT - Turbo K20a...acquring parts 88 crx - turbo AWD track slut 88 crx turbo lsvtec - RIP

ApexSilver06MR

• RealHomeMadeTurbo's "pee wee"
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • RealHomeMadeTurbo Resident Cocksmith!

use obd1 injectors in that bad boy and ditch those obd0;s
pee wee for the size of my p..........

Nor*Cal Spoolin'#039#039 Nig Nog
Pages: [1]   Go Up