:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

GET YOUR OFFICIAL REALHOMEMADETURBO.COM STICKERS! (link)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: WTF, help please!  (Read 9897 times)

Cooljnateman

WTF, help please!
« on: January 10, 2010, 05:06:59 AM »

The Car

1995 Integra LS Turbo
Fully Dyno Tuned on Crome
New wires, Spark Plugs, Less then year old distributor, Batterie about year 1/2 old
Open Wastegate no dump tube (just a factor for engine bay)

The Problem

Driving home everythings fine wasnt even  makin boost, so im just crusin along, i make a little boost coming down the street, come to a stop sign and take off...car starts to die, stops giving gas car turns off for no apparent reason, wasnt overheating (its 15 degrees over here). Pull the car over turn it off, try to turn it back on KEEPS turning over thats it, just turns over and over. I  unplug map sensor replug it back, same shit, check battery looks fine (all acesories work), wires look fine, unplug ecu plug it back in i try again STILL, just turning over nothin else.

Any ideas at all... anyone think its the ICM got over heated from the no dumptube shooting hot air into the engine bay. Im so lost right now just had to walk 3 miles home at 3 in the morning parked the car on side of the road pray it doesnt get stolen. UGH such a headache these cars we never win.
Integra LS-T nbspnbsp 221.5 Hp 215.5 TQ 5.5psi Dyno-Max add 8-10% and for DynoJet numbers HATERS!

Cooljnateman

Re: WTF, help please!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 05:11:31 AM »

timing belt is new less then 10k on it, its a brand new motor, and no it seems regular speed but i didnt look at it to be honest
Integra LS-T nbspnbsp 221.5 Hp 215.5 TQ 5.5psi Dyno-Max add 8-10% and for DynoJet numbers HATERS!

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 05:16:04 AM »

Pull a plug and see if your geting spark.
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

Cooljnateman

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 05:18:52 AM »

so just pull the plug and put a screw driver there and look for a little spark? hmm im sure i do these plugs r brand new as of last weekend and the wires r less then 3 months old

Cooljnateman

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 05:19:38 AM »

could it b a ground wire?

Cooljnateman

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 05:24:33 AM »

why would it not be getting spark..?

gas is more then half full...could it be the fuel pump IF i am getting spark and its not an igntion problem

Cooljnateman

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 05:35:24 AM »

im thinkin fpr or fuel relay

Cooljnateman

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 10:04:42 AM »

got it going to do all this now

j.h.christ

• Certified OG
  • Compl3x is a giant faggot
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 10:22:40 AM »

you're going to fail miserably
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8090/lolcart.gif
"quotquotI spent most of my money on booze and women. The rest I just wasted."quotquot

Towdogg

• Certified OG
  • Cfm's don't roll through an air intake!
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 10:28:02 AM »

They said 4 fucking times    "CHECK FOR SPARK"

Is the pump priming?

To check for spark......  Have your buddy crank the car while you stick a screwdriver in the plug wire....

Hold the screwdriver with your mouth....

Cooljnateman

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 11:32:40 AM »

no spark at all

need a new cap shits cracked and is flexing shits broke

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 01:33:54 PM »

One night I was mobing down the freeway doing some late night shakedown runs after I put the LS in it and was ripping about 120mph and the all of a sudden boom. Car dies all kinds of smoke out of the exhaust. So I pulled over had my step dad tow me to my house, pulled the cap after checking the timing belt and the screw on the rotor fell out ant the rotor was just free spinning.

That = no spark
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

lilpooh21186

• Certified OG
  • B16 Short strokes but holds a high note
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 02:16:12 PM »

Check if ur ecu fuse blew also I u been callin me my bad phone at my sisters.
Ecu chipping
basmaps
tuning Dyno/street pm for details
Neptune Dealer PM for RTP details

lilpooh21186

• Certified OG
  • B16 Short strokes but holds a high note
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 05:26:20 PM »

Fuckin iPod changes shit when u type
Ecu chipping
basmaps
tuning Dyno/street pm for details
Neptune Dealer PM for RTP details

Cooljnateman

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2010, 05:35:56 PM »

The cap broke due to the screw on the rotor coming off so I'm replacing the cap and rotor just to be safe

Cooljnateman

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2010, 08:47:25 PM »

replaced cap and rotor since the rotor was all smashed up, checked the fuse and fuel pump both are good, still no spark probably coil pack, just going to replace whole dizzy i think

chris

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2010, 08:58:01 PM »

Multimeter to check if your within range for the both ignitor and coil. If you dont have a cheap 20 dollar book for your car buy one they have all the numbers to tell you if the both test out fine

The simple rule is always check spark first if a car doesnt start,ALWAYS

if you have spark and fuel the bitch will fire 99 percent of the time.

Cooljnateman

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2010, 09:03:12 PM »

im gona buy that book asap and leave it in my car, along with more tools that i am slowly picking up...i dont have a multimeter, yah i know a fucking multimeter i dont own one.

theres absolutley no spark what so ever, and fuel system is def working, so this dizzy is getting replaced completely, that there should be my answer

chris

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2010, 09:07:24 PM »

If your buying the cheap new dist thats not a fix those a cheap cdm units they will continue to fail. A good used oem unit is a better choice.

They are one of those things that the chinesse cant get right. They work for usually 6 months to a year if your lucky and then take a total shit.

Cooljnateman

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2010, 09:11:18 PM »

no i am buying a real one from like autozone with the whole warranty etc etc....but i know the coil is inside a new dizzy if i bout one, but what about the igniter could that be a part of the problem or is that included with a dizzy inside there?

Cooljnateman

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2010, 09:16:16 PM »

i would love to test my coil and igniter but i dont own any tools to do so, now if i replace the dizzy it comes with a new coil, which could b one of my problems, plus i might as well get a new dizzy to b on the safe side of things especially if it has a full warranty.

but my question is, is the igniter a whole seperate part to the dizzy or is that included...if the autozone ones suck also, what ones r worth purchasing

chris

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2010, 09:23:25 PM »

Ok autozone=chinesse

Only place to get an oem unit is from a dealer which is hella pricey

It will most likely fail on you again and again so get use to breaking down with those autozone units. I have fixed more cars with those things then i want to think about since the owners of the cars would argue with me that the dist was only a couple months old and how could it be bad. Then trying to not tell some asian dude that 12 year olds shouldnt run machines in his homeland is a touchy subject.

I do this for a living and will not install a vatozone,ebay special etc. Thats why good oem used dist. still are worth 100+ bucks at junkyards.

Yes the ignitor is in the dist and is usually the main issue. If your car as an oem unit its worth keeping and tracking down what part of the ingition system has failed

I know your new at this but the dist is one of the more complex units on a car and there is more to it then just one component that can and will fail.

If you want to continue at this get use to spending every extra cent you make on tools,books, etc its just how it works.

Cooljnateman

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2010, 09:26:30 PM »

thanks, im going to look into a dizzy from a dealer then...FUCK MY already empty wallet  :(....im gona go back to hustlin  :yes:.... even though i dont like it  :'(.....nah fuck it but i need money, this shits tough but i like learnin its just so stressful between everything but sob story over....when i replace the dizzy has to be at top dead center on cyclinder 1 correct

chris

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2010, 09:32:49 PM »

YOu wont like the price you find from the stealer they run 500+

Find a good used oem unit. I usually have a couple around the shop but they are all gone atleast for b18b1 motors. if you do buy a used one you must buy one for a b18b1 its the only one that will bolt up correctly and use all the 3 mounting bolts.

Nope just throw the dist and make sure you take one plug off at a time so you dont mix up plug wires

In reality go bug one of the local guys to help you out Ill bet its the ignitor usually the case and they run 20-30 bucks. Buy them tall cans and fried chicken bucket for their help.

Cooljnateman

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2010, 09:36:23 PM »

i think your right because i replaced the cap, and rotor, the dizzy if im not mistaken is still oem...if not it was rebuilt recently..but 6-12 months was in your fail range ...so it may not matter, and i think i might actually by a new coil and igniter...im starting to think that actually is the problem...

Car is getting towed to my house now, no car for school tomorrow SHIT, but i think autozone sells coils and igniters...or should i get those OEM, im asuming yes

chris

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2010, 09:41:50 PM »

Rule of thumb the chinesse cant usually make things that spin work very well due to poor machining practices like a dist. Every so often you get lucky like some have with the cdm turbo's but the masses will fail in a short time frame.

Coils/ignitors are neither of those so you can get away with buy them from vatozone

Also buy a tow rope so you dont have to pay people to tow you if your close to home. Best 15 bucks you will ever spend.

Cooljnateman

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2010, 09:45:51 PM »

is that legal to have someone just hookup the tow rope and pull u home? haha because there is a tow rope in my basement, i think.

so i looked for coil and igniter on "vatozone" they sell coils not igniters, and other online websites sell igniters for 180+ and coils like 60+, maybe im stil wrong but an investment in AAA + "vatozone" dizzy for 200 isnt that worth it?

i like your chinese analogy though seems correct haha

chris

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2010, 10:11:36 PM »

go down there they sell them i have bought them even one in compton back in the day

Cooljnateman

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2010, 10:15:00 PM »

pepboys has lifetime warranty on the dizzy for 200 they are remanufactured oem haha, its so tempting...but ill see whats good with the igniter and coil from the vato

Towdogg

• Certified OG
  • Cfm's don't roll through an air intake!
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2010, 10:21:32 PM »

God damn shut the fuck up!!!!!!!!!!    Get a multimeter...   And the book and learn something....   If you put your mind to it you can figure this out in less than 1 day if you can read...

Your better off buying the tools (MULTIMETER) and fixing what you have.... 

Multimeter $20
Coil $80
______
$100

New dizzy $200

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up