:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Daspoop/Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: AWD CRX Turbo DOHC ZC  (Read 22822 times)

Super Dipper

• Boost, Boobs, Beers
Re: AWD CRX Turbo DOHC ZC
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2009, 06:45:46 AM »

My god that's alot of work.... Looks killer though. :yes:

its a lot less work than putting the mini together, so im alright with it, lol.
Formly Quadtech...

Team 4 MotorSports
Island Speed Lab...+1 Speed is our business 03 G35- HKS GT Supercharged 6psi 97 sunfire GT - Turbo K20a...acquring parts 88 crx - turbo AWD track slut 88 crx turbo lsvtec - RIP

Super Dipper

• Boost, Boobs, Beers
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2010, 03:25:15 AM »

alright bitches UPDATES. lol its only been almost a year since i touched the car.

Motor is in and buttoned up

Turbo kit is installed

Intercooler mounted

Charge pipes done

Down pipe done

Track bar done

Pics...ok well i havent taken many, but ill get on it.

however i got a prob that you boys gotta help me with.

The head on this ZC block is from a 87 D16A1 motor which is making things interesting when it comes to bolting up distributors. I cant find one with a similar bolt pattern, even close enough to notch the mount tabs and make work.

I have 2 ZC distributors, 1 88-89 D16A1, 1 D16A6, 2 D15B7 and none of them are close. the 88-89 D16A1 and the ZC dizzy mounts are sort of close if i hog out one of the mounting tabs, but the other 2 legs are out to lunch.

The vac advance distributor sure had a much more normal triangluated mount compared to the ZC dist.

I remember JD mentioning to me that the HF dist would work but im assuming that was for a 88/89 D16A1/ZC head and not a 87 D16A1 head.  Fuckin browntop

I got the same bloody issue with the external cam sensor.

So if you boys got any ideas, they would be welcomed, i would love to get a dist bolted up there so i can get ready to flash this bitch up.
Formly Quadtech...

Team 4 MotorSports
Island Speed Lab...+1 Speed is our business 03 G35- HKS GT Supercharged 6psi 97 sunfire GT - Turbo K20a...acquring parts 88 crx - turbo AWD track slut 88 crx turbo lsvtec - RIP

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2010, 05:25:52 PM »

they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

Super Dipper

• Boost, Boobs, Beers
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2010, 07:22:03 PM »

good times

CDM goodness

Dizzy headaches

cheap fuel cell we picked up

more pics tonight.
Formly Quadtech...

Team 4 MotorSports

glustic

• Certified OG
  • Jay is a fucking homo
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2010, 11:37:31 PM »

Fuck man, its about time we get an update. When I was looking at the first pics I couldn't remember if I saw this build or not, but obviously I did. I hope you get the shit firgured out and get this bitch out and tuned.
fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.. nbspnbsp BIG FUCKING MISTAKE

-BUK

Super Dipper

• Boost, Boobs, Beers
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2010, 04:31:05 AM »

ok so another long day at the shop, but a reasonably productive one.

The dizzy/cam sensor headache is pretty much resolved. I went back out to about the only wrecker that was open on a sat and that still had old honda stock kickin around and i was able to snag a set of D16A1 cam caps from a 88-89 blacktop motor. so now the ZC dizzy and cam sensor bolt up for the most part.

and apparently i decided to use a b-series water outlet housing on a d-series water pipe so that made getting a lower rad hose to work properly an interesting feat, but i had a set of hoses from my old LS-Vtec ef and was able to shorten up the lower rad hose enough to make it work.

all the charge pipe couplers are snugged up and good to go.

i do  have to quickly pull the turbo and HF manifold out of the car so i can throw some gaskets in between the adapter plate and the turbo/manifold but that wont be a big deal tomorrow.

And the hard part of the whole thing, the trailing arms, i think we got sorted out last night. i took a whole bunch of pics and measurements and my buddies dad got them all cut up and figured out and i bolted up the right trailing arm mocked up and it was good to go. all we needed to figure out was the amount that need to be cut off of the top section of the trailing arm where the upper control needed to sit and i believe we got that down to approximately 3-3.5", i cant remember off the top of my head, but as long as both side are the same, we have a set of SPC rear upper adjustable camber arms we can use to dial in the suspension/alignment.

more tomorrow.
Formly Quadtech...

Team 4 MotorSports

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2010, 10:26:55 AM »

ok so another long day at the shop, but a reasonably productive one.

The dizzy/cam sensor headache is pretty much resolved. I went back out to about the only wrecker that was open on a sat and that still had old honda stock kickin around and i was able to snag a set of D16A1 cam caps from a 88-89 blacktop motor. so now the ZC dizzy and cam sensor bolt up for the most part.

and apparently i decided to use a b-series water outlet housing on a d-series water pipe so that made getting a lower rad hose to work properly an interesting feat, but i had a set of hoses from my old LS-Vtec ef and was able to shorten up the lower rad hose enough to make it work.

all the charge pipe couplers are snugged up and good to go.

i do  have to quickly pull the turbo and HF manifold out of the car so i can throw some gaskets in between the adapter plate and the turbo/manifold but that wont be a big deal tomorrow.

And the hard part of the whole thing, the trailing arms, i think we got sorted out last night. i took a whole bunch of pics and measurements and my buddies dad got them all cut up and figured out and i bolted up the right trailing arm mocked up and it was good to go. all we needed to figure out was the amount that need to be cut off of the top section of the trailing arm where the upper control needed to sit and i believe we got that down to approximately 3-3.5", i cant remember off the top of my head, but as long as both side are the same, we have a set of SPC rear upper adjustable camber arms we can use to dial in the suspension/alignment.

more tomorrow.

Thats good to here, we need more pic's!!!
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

glustic

• Certified OG
  • Jay is a fucking homo
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2010, 01:06:19 PM »

Thats good to here, we need more pic's!!!

+1
fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.. nbspnbsp BIG FUCKING MISTAKE

-BUK

highroller54

• I caught the fable Novacorn
  • Certified OG
  • Spreading the rhmt word like PB&J
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2010, 01:15:15 PM »

bump for hotness  :noel:
Xenocron is a piece of shit.

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/turbo1.gif

clwtwizted

• Fuck You!!!
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2010, 10:17:09 PM »

Im loving this crx

Super Dipper

• Boost, Boobs, Beers
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2010, 10:33:02 PM »

chad, you were right, the trailing arms are the worst part.

had them mocked up, took the measurements, thought everything was good, welded them up about 80% done, threw them back in the car and realized they were about 1.75" too short.

so out comes the cut off wheel to take them apart and redo them.

oh well at least it was only one side.

ill get some more pics up soon
Formly Quadtech...

Team 4 MotorSports

highroller54

• I caught the fable Novacorn
  • Certified OG
  • Spreading the rhmt word like PB&J
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2010, 11:00:27 PM »

chad, you were right, the trailing arms are the worst part.

Ya I dont know why but they kicked my ass a bit, shortening, keeping strait and moding the upper mout was a reat treat. I have faith in you though.

Dont work too much, leave enough time to search out mini for me, lol  :)
Xenocron is a piece of shit.

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/turbo1.gif

The_Fatman81

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2010, 09:25:05 PM »

In for the win, this is pretty bad ass man
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up