:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AJ's 1966 Nova LSX twin turbo build! (link)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hamburglers $458 budget build (96 Integra)  (Read 9004 times)

hamburgler

Re: Hamburglers $458 budget build (96 Integra)
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2009, 11:53:44 PM »

You know, I never think of this when I install an intercooler.

Lol, that's exactly what I would have said to Hamburgler.  Front mount isn't out of the picture, depending on IAT's.  Well see.

caged

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2009, 02:30:38 AM »

I run water/meth just before the tb with no intercooler. I recommend pre turbo as well as it drops IAT's more than after, run a small nozzle pre turbo and a big fucker after. There is a nozzle calculator on the "devils own" water injection site. Dont listen to all the pre turbo haters, the nozzles are very efficient at atomizing these days and they dont have huge droplets like the old days.
11.6@126mph 1993 mitsubishi GSR.

hamburgler

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2009, 09:28:28 AM »

I run water/meth just before the tb with no intercooler. I recommend pre turbo as well as it drops IAT's more than after, run a small nozzle pre turbo and a big fucker after. There is a nozzle calculator on the "devils own" water injection site. Dont listen to all the pre turbo haters, the nozzles are very efficient at atomizing these days and they dont have huge droplets like the old days.

I was planning to run a 50cc nozzle pre turbo and a 50cc nozzle pre TB.  Did you have any problems with suction or do you have some check valves hooked up?

From the reading I have been doing it sounds like pre turbo injection is safe with smaller nozzles > 3" away from compressor.  Also, water meth mix plays a key factor with compressor damage.  Those who were running larger nozzles and straight water, 1" away from the compressor, were seeing damage to the wheel. 

caged

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2009, 07:50:22 PM »

I run a 300cc nozzle before the TB, I want to upgrade and run a 75cc pre turbo as well. No check valves or solenoids, the pump has a check valve built in. This is on a 2.4L with no intercooler.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2009, 07:58:43 PM »

The water may have had a sandblasting effect due to it not evaporating as easily. However, methanol corrodes aluminum regardess of it being a mist or a pool - its a chemical reaction.

I'd vote for the stagered setup, but I think that would have issues with linearity and atomization. One nozzle may have a different pressure, and not atomize as expected. I don't claim to have meth experience, just some physics and chem courses behind my belt.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

caged

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2009, 08:17:49 PM »

Theres been alot of practical tests that have had 60,000miles and the compressor wheel shows fuck all pitting under a microscope, the 50/50 mix is suppose to evaporate easier and none of the setups have shown meth corrosion on the wheel or housing. I think the heat of the compressor wheel would also help. I have no physics or chem knowledge but have had hands on experience.

The staggered set up would be fine, as the pressure at the nozzle seeing boost decreases the pressure at the compressor increases. This is the poor mans setup, you can get a progressive controller which would be Superior but expensive and this is RHMT :noel:.

hamburgler

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2009, 09:55:31 AM »

I've got a progressive controller. 

Now I'm just wondering; if I were to have the choice between just water meth injection AND just a front mount intercooler, whats going to be more efficient?  I'm just curious.  This is ignoring price and just focusing on efficiency.

Of course having them both would be cool and I might just end up doing that.

BTW, I just looked over my logs from a different b18b that I had boost few years ago and my IAT's were between 112 and 118.  I have not logged the meth yet.

Travis

• Certified OG
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2009, 08:11:42 PM »

Adam, you tuned this on crome? Have you run into any bugs while tuning your car(s)? I can't get it too load on vista, what the hell is the deal with that?

glustic

• Certified OG
  • Jay is a fucking homo
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2009, 08:13:56 PM »

Adam, you tuned this on crome? Have you run into any bugs while tuning your car(s)? I can't get it too load on vista, what the hell is the deal with that?

You need to run it in compatibility mode.
fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.. nbspnbsp BIG FUCKING MISTAKE

-BUK

hamburgler

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2009, 02:00:27 AM »

I "downgraded" to XP when I bought my laptop 1-2 years ago because I had seen alot of people asking why Crome doesn't work with Vista.  I still have the same laptop, got it for 1/2 price, and have never had any problems.  Sorry to hear that man.  I'm sure there is a fix for it by now.

glustic

• Certified OG
  • Jay is a fucking homo
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2009, 06:10:31 PM »

I "downgraded" to XP when I bought my laptop 1-2 years ago because I had seen alot of people asking why Crome doesn't work with Vista.  I still have the same laptop, got it for 1/2 price, and have never had any problems.  Sorry to hear that man.  I'm sure there is a fix for it by now.

Any way you look at it Vista blows ass. I fucking hate it.
fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.. nbspnbsp BIG FUCKING MISTAKE

-BUK

Travis

• Certified OG
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2009, 08:51:29 PM »

I'm not concerned, since you'll be tuning my shit nignog  :-* do you just do street tuning or runs on the dyno at P+? make em say ughhhhhhhhh

hamburgler

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2009, 02:17:56 AM »

I do highway tuning for up to 300hp.  After that it just gets to dangerous on the roads doing 3rd or 4th gears pulls.

What you got?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up