:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RHMT DIY Hub Dyno?!?!? check it. (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AEM+OEM dizzy= no start (3 times) junk vatozone dizzy will start and run though?  (Read 2442 times)

SilverSRTSedan

Ok first. I haven't posted on here in forever because I sold the honda a while ago. I still regularly lurk in the shadows and admire the fab, knowledge, etc. that is shared here. I also know that back in my turbo Z6 days this was the only place that could help answer my tuning questions so I'm back hoping someone here can help me again.

Here's the situation. I'm trying to help A good friend get his car running. He has the following: 93 Cx hatch, pistons and rods LS, leakboost top mount, GT30R, full leakboost kit, Id1000s, walbro255, AEM EMS, GM 3 bar.... I think thats it.

We threw it all together one night last week, loaded a base tune and adjusted it for all the correct sensors, etc. touched some finishing details up the next day and headed for a tune friday at a local well known tuner. Swapped plugs and strapped it on the dyno. After some loading and adjusting the tuner went to make a pull. This is when it got bad, Anything over 5k and the car was hitting what sounded like anti lag. We determined the distributor was faulty (autozone junk). Took the car back home and found another new distributor. Installed it and re-checked everything. Now with the tuner's basemap and some amatuer tuning I was able to get a nice clean pull to 6250 when it hit a brick wall. Fuel is ok (11.5ish the whole way) It just feels like it looses spark.

At this point I'm frusterated, Started doing some reading online and found that AEM doesn't like aftermarket distributors as they will cause synch loss. We went and found a known good completely OEM GSR distributor threw it on and the damn thing won't even start, Ok, so maybe it wasn't good.... GGRRRRRr. Went and pulled another OEM Ls distributor that was just pulled from a running car... same damn thing. So we figured ok, try one last time, met up with another local who claims to have another verified good OEM distributor. Threw it on and it STARTED!!!!! After a short test drive we found the same "fuel cut" sensation at 6250 again. F%$^!! After disecting the last distributor it was found to be after market.

This leads me to wonder why:

Genuine HONDA OEM distributor = No start, no spark
Aftermarket junk distributors = Start and drive fine but will cut out at 6250/10psi

I'm lost, does anyone have any ideas we can try? if you need anymore info feel free to ask, I appreciate anything and everything!

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads

I had similar issue a year or two ago, check the wiring to the dizzy.

You may have pinched wire or semi-broken wire.

OEM working dizzy should have given you good results.

This is what leads me to ask the question about the wiring.

SilverSRTSedan

Thanks, I'm going to go over the wiring later tonight. I have few harnesses laying around I can always swap one in if I need to.

Any ideas why the OEM distributors will not start it but the aftermarket will? Is there sensor differences that are that major or are they just more friendly to voltage drop?

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads

Thanks, I'm going to go over the wiring later tonight. I have few harnesses laying around I can always swap one in if I need to.

Any ideas why the OEM distributors will not start it but the aftermarket will? Is there sensor differences that are that major or are they just more friendly to voltage drop?

No, I think it may be a coincidences due to a lose wire issue in the dizzy harness.  :noel:

SilverSRTSedan

HHMMM Good point! See this is why I come here! i wonder if we are dealing with a slightly spread pin in the distributor harness or something... I'll report back

SilverSRTSedan

Well... we messed with it all night again, swapped harnesses, check wire after wire after wire. Finally found the problem! Threw that POS AEM V1 in the trash and put a chipped P28 with chrome on it in there! Thing runs like a raped date now! I guess he'll be ordering S300 and calling it good. Thanks everyone!

jdmhatchracer94

• I have a nova that will never run!!
  • Certified OG
  • Official RHMT Nigglet!

fuck s300 ectune ftw
4 door eg nbspnbsp 13.2@118 someone needs to run slicks
338hp 293tq

Good enough to fuck your mother

JaredKaragen

Well... we messed with it all night again, swapped harnesses, check wire after wire after wire. Finally found the problem! Threw that POS AEM V1 in the trash and put a chipped P28 with chrome on it in there! Thing runs like a raped date now! I guess he'll be ordering S300 and calling it good. Thanks everyone!

let me dissect and make schematic..... ;)  don't throw in trash... lol

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin

I'll pay for shipping, the box, and a new trash can if you send me that AEM box... ;)
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid
Pages: [1]   Go Up