:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

GET YOUR OFFICIAL REALHOMEMADETURBO.COM STICKERS! (link)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3bar map sensor in stock map case?  (Read 10635 times)

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
Re: 3bar map sensor in stock map case?
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2010, 01:02:00 PM »

I haven't tested it yet but i see no reason why it wouldn't.  :'(

See i liked the oem sensor and well this cost me $26 to have doen and no need to wire anything.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2010, 10:16:19 PM »

Looks like a job well done, looks a lot easier than I imagined. You double checked it was wire right I hope. That would be an extra bitch to remvoe & replace all that new goo. I think that goo is butyl rubber in the obd1 cases, and there really isn't anything that will remove it.

I don't use RTV for sensors anymore. I prefer epoxy that's labeled for plastic, although all epoxy will work with practically any plastic. I've had 1 rtv'd sensor I had to re-do after pressure testing, but maybe I'm just OCD. It was like 10 bubbles a minute at 40psi, and I wasn't happy with that.

BTW was that like a metal shell under that goo?
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2010, 10:20:22 PM »

Looks like a job well done, looks a lot easier than I imagined. You double checked it was wire right I hope. That would be an extra bitch to remvoe & replace all that new goo. I think that goo is butyl rubber in the obd1 cases, and there really isn't anything that will remove it.

I don't use RTV for sensors anymore. I prefer epoxy that's labeled for plastic, although all epoxy will work with practically any plastic. I've had 1 rtv'd sensor I had to re-do after pressure testing, but maybe I'm just OCD. It was like 10 bubbles a minute at 40psi, and I wasn't happy with that.

BTW was that like a metal shell under that goo?

Yes i have my concerns with the rtv,but only time will tell.

Yes the obd0 has some sort of steel shell that is glues into the case and covered in the hard rubber. i had an easy time ripping out the rubber but the steel was a bitch.

FreshDA9

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2010, 07:36:08 PM »

And here you can see the map sensor in place. there is an oring that seals the sensor nipple. It fits perfectly in the hole.

Where is the O ring, is it from the guts of the old internals? so you put this O ring around the 3bar stem and it fits in the tube of the old one nice and snug with no trimming correct??? I have some extra obd-0 sensors laying around i might try this.
"quotquot"quotquotBuy your own pants, Get your hands outta mine!"quotquot"quotquot

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2010, 10:09:07 PM »

the o-ring is in the sensor case where i placed the map sensor. It's oem and is used to seal the stock map sensor.  It just plop's in the hole where the stock sensor sat. when you take it apart you will see what i mean.

FreshDA9

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2010, 08:34:38 PM »

the o-ring is in the sensor case where i placed the map sensor. It's oem and is used to seal the stock map sensor.  It just plop's in the hole where the stock sensor sat. when you take it apart you will see what i mean.

cool ill start taking 1 apart and see whats up here in a few days.
"quotquot"quotquotBuy your own pants, Get your hands outta mine!"quotquot"quotquot
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up