:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Daspoop/Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: anyone know a good tuner around PA?  (Read 4932 times)

bouncinofftherevlimiter

anyone know a good tuner around PA?
« on: June 05, 2009, 08:46:32 PM »

Im looking to get my G-series tuned and im looking for a reliable place that knows what they are doing when it comes to hondas. the car is down due to spun bearings right now. ill prolly be getting it back together next week. im around Erie, but id be willing to drive about 3-4 hours to a good place.

im running stock bottom and i know there is kind of an "art" so to speak, to tuning with fragile stock parts. i did some tuning myself, but i know i have alot to learn. all of my tuning has been on the street, and i know there is alot more power to be made over what i have done. i just use crome free, with free log, and ostrich/hulog combo. im trying to be very conservative as to now blow the car up.

the car is a f22 bottom/f20b top end, with an HX35, and evo 560s, in a 95 accord coupe. im looking to run 12s or quicker. first time out ran high 13s at 109 with a 2.8ish 60' on 12 lbs of boost. i dont think 12s are out of the question. next trip to the strip will be with slicks and traction bars to hopefully get the 60' down. horsepower wise id say a high goal would be 350, and im not looking to run race fuel at all. it is a street car.

any tuning tips would be greatly appreciated. if someone wants to work with me i can send freelog and crome maps, and maybe someone with more direction than myself might be able to steer me in the correct direction. i have a wideband and i do alot of plug reading, but just what to do with timing more than anything is what confuses me. if i get it to where i am happy with it and i feel it is fairly safe by myself i might just skip out on the tuning.

thanks
No longer own a turbo car...

94 Accord, first running 4g63 piston/h22 rod/f22 block &ampamp crank

HX35 18lb 486hp/391tq

BoostForLife

Re: anyone know a good tuner around PA?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 09:11:00 PM »

Read the plugs, and also make yourself a DIY stethoscope to list for detonation.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 10:26:14 PM »

Im looking to get my G-series tuned

the car is a f22 bottom/f20b top end

That's not a G-series, you're missing a cylinder and 300cc of displacement.

bouncinofftherevlimiter

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 12:46:54 AM »

When I built this hybrid, everyone was calling it the g-series, h-head on f-bottom.

Sorry for bringing h-t terminology here....

HX35 18lb 486hp/391tq

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 01:07:12 AM »

I understand everyone on HT doesn't have a fucking clue, but if you'd ever had to work on a camshaft stripping G25, you'd know what one is.

BoostForLife

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 02:25:51 AM »

I understand everyone on HT doesn't have a fucking clue, but if you'd ever had to work on a camshaft stripping G25, you'd know what one is.
I have never seen a G25 before as well.
What do they come out of?

BoostForLife

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 03:18:14 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_G_engine

Turns out to be Vigor and 2.5 TL engine.

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 03:36:25 AM »

That's where I get blue 2P plugs that make the ricerz go,"Where did you get those?  Are they JDM???"

sewell94

• Certified OG
  • Border Jumper
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 04:55:38 AM »

How soon are you looking to get tuned???  I'll be in the oh/pa line area a few times this summer, i have familly in the Youngstown area. I have a bunch of customers that wait for me to come in town to get tuned. From Dover, ohio, to new castle,pa.
My real power is not interweb-based, although it does allow me to come across in the interwebs as a magical being shooting pixie dust and cupcakes out my asshole and such.

bouncinofftherevlimiter

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2009, 08:24:08 AM »

there is some in pitt.  don't know if they're any good.  if you decide to go south you should stop by the wpa crew with one running turbo car, and 4 other failures of non-turbo

if i ever end up bringing my car down to that area ill hit you up before and maybe we can meet up somewhere.

i went to school with a kid that had a 2.5 vigor, he talked that thing up like it was the fastest thing in the world... when in reality it was one big steaming pile of fail...

How soon are you looking to get tuned???  I'll be in the oh/pa line area a few times this summer, i have familly in the Youngstown area. I have a bunch of customers that wait for me to come in town to get tuned. From Dover, ohio, to new castle,pa.

dunno, next month or two, if you are interested in helping me out let me know when you'll be able to, just pm me. i can prolly meet up with you and get something accomplished. i also have a friend with a vitera d16 that would be interested in getting his car tuned.

HX35 18lb 486hp/391tq

Wicked

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2009, 09:47:40 AM »

Evan's tuning, I really don't want to say that, but he is good.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 10:38:05 AM by Wicked »

bouncinofftherevlimiter

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2009, 10:26:51 AM »

isnt he like strictly neptune though? i would rather have someone use crome or ectune, that way i can still make little changes after myself after it is tuned.

HX35 18lb 486hp/391tq

Wicked

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2009, 11:11:51 AM »

isnt he like strictly neptune though? i would rather have someone use crome or ectune, that way i can still make little changes after myself after it is tuned.
Yeah your right about that,  personaly I would wate for sewell to come up. Or if JD ever decides to venture north, I am sure both of them would make a ton of money in the tri-state area, gotta sopport rhmt....

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2009, 11:31:18 AM »

I had no idea Jeff was Neptune only.

sewell94

• Certified OG
  • Border Jumper
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2009, 01:47:44 PM »

dunno, next month or two, if you are interested in helping me out let me know when you'll be able to, just pm me. i can prolly meet up with you and get something accomplished. i also have a friend with a vitera d16 that would be interested in getting his car tuned.

I'll be up in a few weeks, weekend of the 11th in july, and prolly sometime in aug.
My real power is not interweb-based, although it does allow me to come across in the interwebs as a magical being shooting pixie dust and cupcakes out my asshole and such.

sewell94

• Certified OG
  • Border Jumper
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2009, 01:48:54 PM »

double post :mexi:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 01:51:06 PM by sewell94 »

dephtone

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2009, 04:07:43 PM »

Wow some localish guys coming out. I live ~30 mins from Youngstown.

There is a place in Medina, OH called Big 3 Racing, just became a licensed Ectune dealer/tuner. I'v heard they do good work.

Also John Kerr in in PA as well Carlile I believe. I dunno how far that is from you, but I'v heard good about them too.

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2009, 08:22:54 PM »

John Kerr is good people, been around for years.

BoostedSchemes

• Certified OG
  • ☂BloodRaincoat☂
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2009, 09:06:50 PM »

I know a guy who will blow your engine real cheap. He even sounds like he knows what hes doing while he drinks beer and tells you to floor it.
All posts before 8am and after 3pm are produced under the influence of alcohol.

Major Loser, please tell me how to be smart and interesting like you~

Platinum8317

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2009, 01:46:44 PM »

I will not criticise others without factual, first hand experience.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 02:37:30 PM by Joseph Davis »
Pages: [1]   Go Up