:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RHMT DIY Hub Dyno?!?!? check it. (link)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: ripper/flame thrower vid  (Read 7298 times)

Teg2boo

• Certified OG
Re: ripper/flame thrower vid
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2009, 12:48:58 AM »

same with mine, if the exhaust gets hot enough thats how i got the huge flame that black smoke ignites :D :D

im building a new DP, adding the 2.5bar and MBC and upping to manly 15-17psi and see how she likes it.

the DP is all whitey bends so its a PAIN to weld/fit i did it all in 15* segments so there are a BUNCH of bends

15* segments lol   Good luck ;) Why the new downpipe btw?

I still have the stock map sensor, but I have a Motorola 4bar somewhere. I'm still on stock internal and from other's build with the same turbo I should put down 300hp at around 17psi. If I have the time I'll change the clutch for the ACT I have laying around, install the 4bar and turn up the boost to 15psi.

Between xmas and new year is a good time  ;D

Btw, when I turn the key on, the Engine light flash 3 times. Does eCtune give the CEL directly like this? Flash 3 time which is a MAP cel. Seems to work fine tho...

damn you guys too? its a fucking forum not a court room!
 Its not a forum its a gang.  

speedjunky01

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2009, 12:53:42 AM »

yeah it does that to me too, just kinda check its self over

if you hold the pedal down with the key in on it will flash CEL codes if there are any to be read

the old one keept rateling bolts off, was only using 3 out of 5 bolts to hold the flage on and just not very smooth, hoping to pick up some power with the new DP

Teg2boo

• Certified OG
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2009, 01:13:29 AM »

I did the press pedal thing and only thing I got is solid cel lol I doubt it was the case cause the car was running fine.

Same thing with my downpipe. I have actually 3 bolts out of 5. I could not weld the bitch in place so I had to guess. Took me like 2 hours to fab it and still have a 1mm play on the front side of it. I hate 5 bolts flange. Next time I'll use a v-band welded in place...

Did you dyno'd your car?

speedjunky01

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2009, 01:21:14 AM »

this new one i made it has all 5 bolts and they can be removed wint a non-dog eating size hand  :mexi:

would you happen to know what the threads are supposed to be for the CDM t3.t4 turbos on the dp? im using some metric bolts but they seems to be able to wiggle a bit when they are in

no dyno yet, but from timing the video it does 0-60 in 5ish and 0-90 in like 11ish so its not too bad, it was trapping around 94 last time at the track with a base map with like NO timing and way to much fuel, i think it will trap close to 100 this time around, if not more boost will be added lol

im guessing 200-210? idk

Teg2boo

• Certified OG
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2009, 01:45:52 AM »

I don't know what are the threads on CDM turbo. Well, I don't know what it is on my turbo either. I guessed some size I had and it was one of them, but I didn't check what size it was. Would be a nice idea to measure it tho...

From my video I do 0-60 in 6sec with a bad second shift (was out of boost at this rpm). I think it's more 5ish me too. I can't retry it now with the bad clutch... It sucks.

Repairing the shift linkage would be a nice idea too. It is so bad that I'm not sure if I'm in 1st, 3rd or 5th  :?: In fact I know where I am, but visually you can't say in what gear I am. reason of the long ass shift in the video.

Integra 92 LS stock internal turbo at 10psi  0 to 190km/h

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2009, 05:26:55 AM »

buy the ES shifter bushing kit, its like 15 bucks and takes 15 min to install
malone labe

I think all cop cars need to have turbo. nbspnbsp Then they would understand the necessity of putting your foot down and how uncontrollable the urge is to fucking rail on that shit.

Teg2boo

• Certified OG
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2009, 12:08:40 PM »

It's not the bushing, its the rivet underneath the shift stick that retain the stick and the rod. I have a bushing kit I need to install.

I checked the bushing and they aren't bad. It's really the rivet or bolt that fix the stick and rod together.

Tim

• Certified OG
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2009, 01:45:48 PM »

It's not the bushing, its the rivet underneath the shift stick that retain the stick and the rod. I have a bushing kit I need to install.

I checked the bushing and they aren't bad. It's really the rivet or bolt that fix the stick and rod together.
I was just thinking the other day. My car has the bushing kit and still is sloppy as shit, I looked underneith and the slop is all at the rivet, shifter bolt, and bitch pin locations.

Luckily I have an old brake shoe riveter I came across from an old farmer, and the bitch pin and shifter bolts just need proper fitting components/bushings/sleeves to take the slack out.  I'll post pics some year when I pull swap my trans and fix all this little shit.

Teg2boo

• Certified OG
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2009, 01:50:58 PM »

I wonder if I can do something with a bolt... Rivet blows ass.

My red teg had the same problem, but to the front near the transmission. I don't want to buy shifter rods just for a fucking rivet.

Tim

• Certified OG
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2009, 01:54:32 PM »

Probably could with a shoulder bolt but it's also possible you could have trouble finding a correct size bolt and end up making the slop worse.

A rivet can also be reworked sometimes with a punch, hammer, and a vice.  It depends on were its loose and what is worn to cause it.

2slow

« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2009, 12:56:12 AM »

i have seen people drill it out and use a bolt there with a nut and some locktite i just replaced my bitch pin with one i bought from a guy on d-series.org (crazymx-6) or some shit like that.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up