:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got video of your car doing rippers or dirty 2/3rds? post them up! (link)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: fuck haiti  (Read 26196 times)

bigwig

Re: fuck haiti
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2010, 04:17:00 AM »

This is a complex social issue that requires pages of thought and consideration to make a valid point.

1) Comparing Katrina to Haiti is like comparing a gang shooting to a mass genocide.  Katrina had roughly 1900 deaths and 800 people still missing.  The assumption in Haiti is that the death toll will easily be 50k+.  Katrina was a mere inconvenience compared to this earthquake.

2) To give $10 to them does not mean you can't give $20 to a local charity.  $100 million dollars in aid is not a lot of money considering what we spend on a regular basis on bullshit things in America.  As much as I believe in taking care of our country first, part of being a 1st world country is providing aid in this types of situations.  I also don't have a huge issue offering this type of aid because we squander so much money away on an annual basis, that $100 million dollars will actually be put to use.  I'd rather see money be spent being productive rather than the alternative.  What we should be doing is cracking down on the American gov't spending on BS and allow this type of spending.  If you think about it, we spend something like $250 million a day in Iraq/Afghanistan DAILY.  You think $100 million is a lot?  Com'on.

3) Haiti is a fucked up place.  It has been for a long time.  It's almost a blessing this happened.  Its a great time for investors to come in and build an infastructure on supporting gov'ts dime to build a nice vacation spot not so far away from America.

Social darwinism is a bitch, but honestly, I think if this happened in my neighborhood, I don't know if my house could survive the 50+ earthquakes.  That's with decent American construction to code.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2010, 04:20:39 AM »

I say we annex Haiti, rename it "Woogie Boogie", and un-abolish slavery.

That way we'll rebuild this economy and the nagers will get a roof & grain.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

Corey

• Certified OG
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2010, 04:41:58 AM »

obama plans to extend public health care to haitians.

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
  • Go outside and play hide and go fuckyourself
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2010, 04:44:29 AM »

Fuck the world 2 more years we won't have shit to worry about

do you really believe that horseshit???
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/joeymisanthropy/Misce/TURBOTHIS.jpg

H series 35 pounds... Will turn you out!
 ---GFI we build FAST---

Adam Lofton

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2010, 06:03:45 AM »

I have lost all faith in humanity after reading this thread. Maybe our time is up as a civilization...It was a good run, thanks for coming out folks!  :evil:

BoostedSchemes

• Certified OG
  • ☂BloodRaincoat☂
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2010, 07:49:47 AM »

All posts before 8am and after 3pm are produced under the influence of alcohol.

Major Loser, please tell me how to be smart and interesting like you~

Teg2boo

• Certified OG
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2010, 09:24:47 AM »

It's a small country and it's really hard to farm there since the soil is almost all rock.  All of the farming has to be done by hand since machines  cant work through the rock they have there.  They've had a population explosion that has outgrown their ability to sustain themselves due to international aid dumping food on them for years.  Yeah the country is a shithole, but theyre still people.

They don't want help and they don't want to help themselves. If they get a flat on their car, they stay in the way and in angle to block other cars. My gf's father have seen people get flat (road are horrible there), stay in the way and the guy was sleeping under his truck. He was in the middle of the road.

They never finish their constructions cause someone will steal the money for it.

damn you guys too? its a fucking forum not a court room!
 Its not a forum its a gang.  

shogun

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2010, 09:41:07 AM »

good thin is, if there is any, that the country can maybe now sustain the new population numbers, i have a friend who is in the un peace core, he says its awful over there on a good day

WPPF

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2010, 10:34:04 AM »

It's a small country and it's really hard to farm there since the soil is almost all rock.  All of the farming has to be done by hand since machines  cant work through the rock they have there.  They've had a population explosion that has outgrown their ability to sustain themselves due to international aid dumping food on them for years.  Yeah the country is a shithole, but theyre still people.

They don't want help and they don't want to help themselves. If they get a flat on their car, they stay in the way and in angle to block other cars. My gf's father have seen people get flat (road are horrible there), stay in the way and the guy was sleeping under his truck. He was in the middle of the road.

They never finish their constructions cause someone will steal the money for it.

Ok so you have 2 examples of people doing dumb shit in an entire country so they all don't want to help themselves?  They're on an island. Resources are scarce.  You can't just drum up tires and asphalt to fix roads.  Owning a car isn't a common thing.  Port au prince is a shithole, which I'm assuming is where your GF's father was, but that doesn't mean everyone in the country is a shit bag.  I know people who have gone and had a completely different experience than him.

http://picasaweb.google.com/amy.bowen/HaitiPart10#

Conceptz-X

• Certified OG
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2010, 10:56:14 AM »

"Stimulus"=$787 Billion (787,000,000,000) > Humanitarian Effort=$100 Million (100,000,000)
You do the math

and this....

Quitcherbitchin

and no, I dont personally support it, but somebody has to step up to the plate
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 10:58:32 AM by Conceptz-X »

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2010, 11:02:25 AM »

The whole point of the Civil War was that slavery is unproductive and damaging to a country's economy.  Great way to make a sinking ship go down faster, and get blood on your hands at the same time.

Lowerit

• Certified OG
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2010, 11:08:38 AM »

I went to hatti a few years ago..

With $100 US you are nigger rich over there...  I got a BJ'r  from a local for $5 , I think she bought a house with the $5 ,  said house probably killed her ..

true story.

Disney should buy that country and make it into  a theme park.. It would improve their living standards and infrastructre... and more white people would flock to it.

All I think of when someone says Hati is the bad guys in bad Boys 2

fuck you

Conceptz-X

• Certified OG
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2010, 11:12:42 AM »

Disney should buy that country and make it into  a theme park.. It would improve their living standards and infrastructre... and more white people would flock to it.

You should sit through a disney orientation only to be completely blindsided by the embarassing level of compensation.

brine04

• Certified OG
  • B-North
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2010, 11:51:18 AM »

All I think of when someone says Hati is the bad guys in bad Boys 2

"Who is in my hooooouse?"
"The devil"
"The devil is not welcome hhhhhheeeeeeerrrrreeeee"
92GSR - mild interest

j.h.christ

• Certified OG
  • Compl3x is a giant faggot
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2010, 12:57:09 PM »

am i the only one who noticed the complete lack of rebar in all the concrete pourings? it literally looks like they just hoisted slabs of concrete and slapped a concrete slab roof on top, much like building blocks. i don't see the point in rushing all this aid, they're just going to build more retardedly engineered buildings and the same shit will happen in 20 years when the next quake hits.
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8090/lolcart.gif
"quotquotI spent most of my money on booze and women. The rest I just wasted."quotquot

97Econobox

• Certified OG
  • Some may never live, but the crazy never die
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2010, 01:32:10 PM »

The whole point of the Civil War was that slavery is unproductive and damaging to a country's economy. 

This made me laugh.  Its like saying WWII was over a sandwhich.  was one involved well yes.  was it the cause?  hardly.

i ate your mom'#39#39s dick last night :?:

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/nacvicsi/Untitled.gif

Lowerit

• Certified OG
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2010, 01:36:22 PM »

I more more upset about Rue Mclannahan having a stroke then Hatti ..
fuck you

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2010, 02:21:03 PM »

The whole point of the Civil War was that slavery is unproductive and damaging to a country's economy. 

This made me laugh.  Its like saying WWII was over a sandwhich.  was one involved well yes.  was it the cause?  hardly.

No, it was the direct cause.  The South wanted to industrialize which required eradicating slavery, and the North wanted the South's economy to be kept agrarian and slave-based. The more highly populated North dictated the course of the South within the federal government, and so the South seceded.  The "taxation without representation" Revolutionary War was over a 3% tax, whereas the Civil War was actually over true taxation without representation, States Rights, and a whole lot more.

random-strike

• Certified OG
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2010, 02:39:50 PM »

rush is right. we already are sending aid to haiti for years. its called the us income tax
Double doors, marble floors, naked hoes around me

patsmx5

• Certified OG
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2010, 02:58:31 PM »

am i the only one who noticed the complete lack of rebar in all the concrete pourings? it literally looks like they just hoisted slabs of concrete and slapped a concrete slab roof on top, much like building blocks. i don't see the point in rushing all this aid, they're just going to build more retardedly engineered buildings and the same shit will happen in 20 years when the next quake hits.
That's the first thing I saw when I saw the pictures. Lots of broken concrete, no rebar. I just looked at some more pics and still, I see no rebar in anything.

On the topic of concrete and rebar, when me and my dad rebuilt our house after Katrina, we had to make a new foundation for it and raise the house to meet new flood requirements. We poured over 60 yards of concrete building the foundation. Has a checkerboard matrix of 2'x2' concrete with a solid 2'x2' perimeter, all 2' below the ground. with 33 concrete columns coming out of it to support the house. Our city has strict building codes (we're in a V zone too) and we still overbuilt. We needed 22 columns, we have 33'. We went up one size on the rebar, and doubled the amount of rebar in some places. We added LOTS of extra brackets that tie the concrete to the sills, sills to walls, walls to top plate, top plate to rafters, etc.

I'm just glad I don't live in haiti.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 03:00:23 PM by patsmx5 »
Quote: Originally Posted by Adam Hopkins
There is no such thing as too much boost. You could have too little rod, piston, or sleeve. But never too much boost.

97Econobox

• Certified OG
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2010, 03:21:09 PM »

No, it was the direct cause.  The South wanted to industrialize which required eradicating slavery, and the North wanted the South's economy to be kept agrarian and slave-based. The more highly populated North dictated the course of the South within the federal government, and so the South seceded.  The "taxation without representation" Revolutionary War was over a 3% tax, whereas the Civil War was actually over true taxation without representation, States Rights, and a whole lot more.

no THIS i agree with.  i thought you were saying something else entirely. 

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2010, 03:46:52 PM »

It's hard to speak plainly when you incessantly try to Henry me with my own words.

97Econobox

• Certified OG
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2010, 03:56:12 PM »

It's hard to speak plainly when you incessantly try to Henry me with my own words.

I think its cause your old and senile and easily confused.

random-strike

• Certified OG
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2010, 03:57:33 PM »

This is a complex social issue that requires pages of thought and consideration to make a valid point.

1) Comparing Katrina to Haiti is like comparing a gang shooting to a mass genocide.  Katrina had roughly 1900 deaths and 800 people still missing.  The assumption in Haiti is that the death toll will easily be 50k+.  Katrina was a mere inconvenience compared to this earthquake.

2) To give $10 to them does not mean you can't give $20 to a local charity.  $100 million dollars in aid is not a lot of money considering what we spend on a regular basis on bullshit things in America.  As much as I believe in taking care of our country first, part of being a 1st world country is providing aid in this types of situations.  I also don't have a huge issue offering this type of aid because we squander so much money away on an annual basis, that $100 million dollars will actually be put to use.  I'd rather see money be spent being productive rather than the alternative.  What we should be doing is cracking down on the American gov't spending on BS and allow this type of spending.  If you think about it, we spend something like $250 million a day in Iraq/Afghanistan DAILY.  You think $100 million is a lot?  Com'on.

3) Haiti is a fucked up place.  It has been for a long time.  It's almost a blessing this happened.  Its a great time for investors to come in and build an infastructure on supporting gov'ts dime to build a nice vacation spot not so far away from America.

Social darwinism is a bitch, but honestly, I think if this happened in my neighborhood, I don't know if my house could survive the 50+ earthquakes.  That's with decent American construction to code.

fuck you and your goverment
Double doors, marble floors, naked hoes around me

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2010, 03:59:19 PM »

I think its cause your old and senile and easily confused.
wat

boosted99SiR

« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2010, 04:20:10 PM »

O0

Corey

• Certified OG
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2010, 04:48:25 PM »

is that what they teach you down south? last time i took a history class and read a history book the war was fought because the south wanted to expand slavery in the new territories and the north did not because if the south controlled more of the new states economies they would have more political power. thats the short version, however, the north was not fighting the war to abolish slavery like some people think.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2010, 06:17:18 PM »

is that what they teach you down south? last time i took a history class and read a history book the war was fought because the south wanted to expand slavery in the new territories and the north did not because if the south controlled more of the new states economies they would have more political power. thats the short version, however, the north was not fighting the war to abolish slavery like some people think.

Jefferson Davis was speaking before Congress about the financial and moral necessity of abolishing slavery a decade previous to the secession.  How'd a left winger abolitionist end up Confederate President?  Why did Robert E. Lee, leader of what you think to be the Pro-Slavery army, free all his family's slaves?   There's a lot of stuff you find if you dig deep that doesn't add up.

Nope, it's not what they teach.  Remember that history books are written by the victor, Corey. 
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 06:19:32 PM by Joseph Davis »

rudebwoy

• Certified OG
  • tripple OG
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2010, 09:04:38 PM »

I cannot beleive I am reading this shit, I am gonna be mature and request to be banned and have my account deleted.

I was borned and raised in jamaica, now a proud american citezen, served my country in iraq and bosnia, voted in elections. pay taxes jamaica is not too far from haiti. so what you have your opinions, but your racist faggotry is not necessary. go fuck yourselves. this forum has became homemadekkkracistfaggots.com I am into building fast cars and racing not waiving a kkk flag so I am a misfit here. I suggest do someting for your country get a job... I served our country in Iraq and bosnia. and now volunteering for haiti. it makes me sick.I dont think I could hang around any of you people without choking out someone.

YOU GUYS ARE THE CONTRIBUTORS OF AMERICAS PROBLEMS! GET A JOB, PAY YOUR TAXES.
1999 Euro spec Civic EJ9 Hatch B20/VTEC TURBO. 620whp@21psi
2000 Honda Odyssey LX family ride
2000 civic SI daily driver

BoostedSchemes

• Certified OG
  • ☂BloodRaincoat☂
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2010, 09:42:08 PM »

O0
All posts before 8am and after 3pm are produced under the influence of alcohol.

Major Loser, please tell me how to be smart and interesting like you~
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up