:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Build thread database... check it. (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuck you, Mr. Comcast  (Read 728 times)

Jorsher

• Certified OG
Fuck you, Mr. Comcast
« on: April 20, 2009, 01:14:35 AM »

Soooooo...because of their lame-ass 250gb a month bandwidth cap, we decided to upgrade to the business class internet.

Residential - 8mbps down, 2mbps up, 250gb a month cap for $70
Business - 16mbps down, 2mbps up, no monthly cap for $90

That's the speedtest we got.  Seems it's uncapped since I've never got MORE than what was advertised.

Within a few hours, my connection to my favorite tracker was only going 250KB/s down.

Few hours later, couldn't access the site at all.

Did a trace, would make it all the way to the last hop before the website, so thought it may have been that provider.  Contacted them back and they did some tests and assured me it wasn't them.  Admins from the tracker traced back to me and it was failing at the final hop before me.

Called Comcast again, and they asked what the site was, told them the URL and that it's a video codec development site.  They spoke with tier 2 and said that the "smart packet filter" was what was blocking it.  Asked what I could do to prevent it from being triggered again since I transfer a lot of data to/from the site, and they told me "just don't reset the modem" but did not tell me WHY I was blocked in the first place.

Anyway, faggots better be lucky I don't have FiOS in my area.

HAPPY 4/20!!!
 :noel: :somb: :noel: O0 :noel: :somb: :noel:
Pages: [1]   Go Up