:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Melted vitara  (Read 3611 times)

JaredKaragen

Melted vitara
« on: July 30, 2012, 11:10:33 PM »

It only took one pull...  Map sensor was lazy, car never hit boost cut... Shy 1.5psi....

Leaned out during a pull.... Because of this.

We finally got around to disassembling and found this:

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
Re: Melted vitara
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 08:46:01 AM »

Nice  ;DDD

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 12:40:40 PM »

Also look for oil leaks on the intake side, since it started on that side. I recall CP pistons having melting issues a while back (intake side), they blamed it all on people with old leaky heads. Oily mixtures burn much hotter.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

JaredKaragen

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 01:14:58 PM »

That was actually exhaust side....  Just flat out leaned out....

Ironically; that cylinder came out nearly dry; compared to the other 3 wet.... And this is like a year after it happened.   He finally got a bug to fix it.

It was a jdm d15; eagle rods; double head gasket to clear pistons; 1mm over; ramhorn; hy35;  full headwork/cams/springs/retainers....   Went silly with tolerances, bearings, and clearances. 

Damned boost cut was set; at 1.5psi below the set point the map sensor topped out (early) thus boost kept building and no fuel being added.

I think a failing injector may play a part considering how the one melted cylinder was dry compared to the other 3 that were oily/shiny still.

It was a sad day; it was pretty damned quick.

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 03:52:25 PM »

Loser tolerances seem to be better for these kind of motors.

My current vitara motor shows just that. Car over boosted by 10psi the first night it was out. Motor now had around 30,000 miles and still has perfect compression. It was at 400hp for a few months, now its making 500hp corrected at 30 psi from the hx-35
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

danz

• Certified OG
  • 0-60 in 2.7 seconds
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 03:28:06 PM »

i bet you one day the vitara motor throws a piston out.  unless you keep the rpm low then you should be ok.

but ive seen vitaras with less then 200 miles on them (all track miles) that have cracks in the bottom on the corner
10.510 @ 133.09 mph D16Z6 EJ6
10.912 @ 127.33 mph D16A6 ED6

NoPistons!

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 08:49:45 AM »

The ringland doesn't look too bad but the top looks like a fucking cupcake!     :noel:

Loser tolerances seem to be better for these kind of motors.

My current vitara motor shows just that. Car over boosted by 10psi the first night it was out. Motor now had around 30,000 miles and still has perfect compression. It was at 400hp for a few months, now its making 500hp corrected at 30 psi from the hx-35

I've heard of a few engine builders doing this.  Kinda give that settled, broken in effect to it?   

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
  • Go outside and play hide and go fuckyourself
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 01:45:19 PM »

Look at the skirts. HTat thing got hot and has black death all around, even on the non thrust side(s).
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/joeymisanthropy/Misce/TURBOTHIS.jpg

H series 35 pounds... Will turn you out!
 ---GFI we build FAST---

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 01:51:22 PM »

i bet you one day the vitara motor throws a piston out.  unless you keep the rpm low then you should be ok.

but ive seen vitaras with less then 200 miles on them (all track miles) that have cracks in the bottom on the corner

8500 rpm with 30,000 miles on a cheap build, I think i have got my moneys worth out of it. If the motor dies while making a pass at redline ill be happy.

danz

• Certified OG
  • 0-60 in 2.7 seconds
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 07:10:44 PM »

8500 rpm with 30,000 miles on a cheap build, I think i have got my moneys worth out of it. If the motor dies while making a pass at redline ill be happy.

i fully agree its hard to go wrong for the money.  i just dread one day pushing vitara dust through a $1000 turbo or something. 
10.510 @ 133.09 mph D16Z6 EJ6
10.912 @ 127.33 mph D16A6 ED6

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2012, 11:20:55 AM »

i fully agree its hard to go wrong for the money.  i just dread one day pushing vitara dust through a $1000 turbo or something.

You do have a point, then again this Hx-35 was cheap which is why we where pushing it hard on the dyno!

Pages: [1]   Go Up