:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Build thread database... check it. (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sawzall  (Read 5268 times)

BenDover

sawzall
« on: March 26, 2010, 02:27:28 PM »

Need input on a  durable sawzall to cut exhaust pipes with.
Ryobi any good?
Vouches(OHMT)-Birdley42008,Boosted_StinkyNuts,99redek,ichbinsobose,d-t,sikcrx89,Hollas628,96_civ,volumeking333,SmellySOHC,TunerToys,

Sold to -ghettoturbo, chris m,b20accord

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
Re: sawzall
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 02:34:48 PM »

only ever used milwaukee and dewault, but ryobi seems to be makeing a good tool. i pretty much just go for price/warranty. they are all practically the same tools with different names.
malone labe

I think all cop cars need to have turbo. nbspnbsp Then they would understand the necessity of putting your foot down and how uncontrollable the urge is to fucking rail on that shit.

Lowerit

• Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 04:26:52 PM »

put 5 hard years on my Dewalt , still goin strong.
fuck you

widemx5

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 09:23:17 PM »

Need input on a  durable sawzall to cut exhaust pipes with.
Ryobi any good?
buy ryobi and get the 10 dollar replacement plan. it breaks in 4 years, they give you a gift card for the full purchase price.

Foowee

• Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 07:47:07 AM »

this one is $20 this week with their coupon:

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/itemdisplay/displayItem.do?itemid=65570

I view china freight stuff as consuma-tools though.  If it completes the job you bought it for, you got your money back out of it, any additional use is bonus... 

So far I've used my chicago sawzall for 7 or 8 bonus jobs...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 07:53:30 AM by Foowee »

bigwig

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 01:02:36 PM »

My dad has had his Milwaukee sawzall for 20+ years.  It's the same damn thing, if not better, than whatever is sold now.  I'd buy a high quality one.  You're never going to get to a point where you don't need one.  There will always be a branch to cut or something where the sawzall is good for.  I'd spend the $80 and get a good one.  It sucks when the day you need a tool, it no longer works.  If you don't have the $80, buy a HF.  I wouldn't go middle of the line on a product like this.

patsmx5

• Certified OG
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 01:10:33 PM »

We have a few Milwaukee's we use doing construction. One is probably 8 years old now. It's got tons of hours on it. The motor gets kind of hot on it if you're using it for a while, but it still runs strong. Just got another one a couple weeks ago. I have used a Hitachi one that was surprisingly smooth, but no idea how durable it would be.
Quote: Originally Posted by Adam Hopkins
There is no such thing as too much boost. You could have too little rod, piston, or sleeve. But never too much boost.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 11:06:41 PM »

Milwaukee still makes good tools, if you don't get their cheapest stuff. Dewalt can last forever. Same for Makita, I'd get that over the others. I've been using my dad's Porter Cable "Tiger Saw" for a while, and I'm impressed with that too. Whatever you do, do NOT get a cordless version. They run out of juice too fast.

But Ryobi can't be beat for the price, except for maybe Ridgid. Lifetime warranty which is basicly walk-in walk-out for most of their tools if your local Homeless Depot has decent managers - or you can yell loud enough.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

Eggylshatch

• Certified OG
  • Pen15 Club President
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 11:57:05 PM »

Ryobi is good enough if you get a good price on it. 

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2010, 01:24:19 PM »

get the harbor freight battery powered sawzall  :mexi:
malone labe

I think all cop cars need to have turbo. nbspnbsp Then they would understand the necessity of putting your foot down and how uncontrollable the urge is to fucking rail on that shit.

Eggylshatch

• Certified OG
  • Pen15 Club President
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2010, 08:02:41 PM »

Don't buy any harbor freight power tools.  You'll hear about some people getting lucky and having shit last more than one use, but 99% of the time, it won't even last through the first use.  Buy something affordable but decent.  Unless you're abusing it everyday, a sawzall is something that should be damn near a lifetime investment

fishinfool88

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2010, 12:33:15 AM »

The new dewalts have a quick release for the blade the breaks after a couple of uses.  I've returned two of them for this before finally switching to a ryobi with an Allen set screw.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 01:16:41 PM »

this one is $20 this week with their coupon:

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/itemdisplay/displayItem.do?itemid=65570

I view china freight stuff as consuma-tools though.  If it completes the job you bought it for, you got your money back out of it, any additional use is bonus... 

So far I've used my chicago sawzall for 7 or 8 bonus jobs...

I have two of these and they work great.

Some times the lock for the blades are lose and eject blades randomly.

One of these has a stuck trigger so I plug it in when I'm ready to use.  :yes:(may just use for parts latter) :?:

LS1pwNzJ00

• FagoJon is queer bait
  • Certified OG
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 08:21:00 PM »

A sawzall is one thing i would not buy from HF again.  It is the single only thing i've had fail on me, their $20 grinder has lasted me 5 years, their 20ton press is great, their spot welder is great, etc etc.  But the sawzall failed on me quicker than i expected, maybe 2 months if that, 4-5 uses. Very underpowered aswell.
http://<ltltimg src="quotquothttp://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l3b3icaMwV1qzy9ouo1_500.jpg"quotquot nbspnbsp width="quotquot200"quotquot height="quotquot400"quotquot>gtgt

BigJ

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2010, 09:57:50 PM »

Milwakee super sawzalls are pretty good, get the 13 amp unit if i was to choose that.

If you have the money go with Hilti, best on the market.

BenDover

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2010, 10:06:05 PM »

I been looking around for a 14" disc cut off everything so expensive even the HF is like 100+
Vouches(OHMT)-Birdley42008,Boosted_StinkyNuts,99redek,ichbinsobose,d-t,sikcrx89,Hollas628,96_civ,volumeking333,SmellySOHC,TunerToys,

Sold to -ghettoturbo, chris m,b20accord

CSaddict

• Certified OG
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2010, 06:04:23 AM »

I been looking around for a 14" disc cut off everything so expensive even the HF is like 100+

I have a Milwakee 14" Chop saw and I paid $169 for it new. Worth every cent.
Your fat ass is just going to drive around in your pile of shit car that is marketed towards 40 yr old recently divorced women trying to be hot shit.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2010, 01:22:52 PM »

I have a Milwakee 14" dry cut saw and I paid $469 for it new. Worth every cent.
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

ochoa

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2010, 04:21:13 PM »

agreed our dewalt has taken a cpl years of abuse and the quick release has been modified and the trigger switch fell out so its constantly on when plugged it but it is still a tough fucker i

onlyflash944

• Certified OG
  • Jack of all trades, Master of none
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2010, 06:29:07 PM »

I have a Milwakee 14" Chop saw and I paid $169 for it new. Worth every cent.

sawzalls are great tools to have, but i wouldn't buy one for the sole purpose of exhaust making.  a chop saw or a midersaw with a metal blade would be my first suggestion.  hell if you get real hard up get a metal blade for a circular saw and a vice.

You read some forums? nbspnbsp Cool, I tune cars.

Its your fucking car, if you want to hack it up fucking go for it.

turbostd

• Certified OG
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2010, 10:25:45 PM »

ya the hf sawzalls suck. Friend of mine bought one and it died when we where building the exhaust for my car. made 3 cuts then the gears in it striped out lol.
Pages: [1]   Go Up