:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Build thread database... check it. (link)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: GPS??  (Read 5224 times)

racingtiger

Re: GPS??
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2009, 06:39:51 PM »

haha I wish....

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2009, 08:14:48 PM »

That even the free apps use? Most free programs I have used use that cell tower crap.

I've only used one free GPS app for G1 (andnav I think?) and it used GPS.

I've only seen these apps use cell towers when it can't get a satellite signal or you have GPS disabled...I keep mine enabled, and it only turns on once I open apps that use it.

DEFINITELY has real GPS though.  I've used Google maps in satellite view with it on, and it followed me down the sidewalk.

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2009, 08:25:19 PM »

Nice. My head unit has an optional GSS system, it's $250 though, for a fourth of that I can have a hand held I can take anywhere.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2009, 08:40:28 PM »

Newegg's had some recertified Garmins in the $60-70 range recently, stupid to go with anything else.

brine04

• Certified OG
  • B-North
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2009, 09:34:32 PM »

I live in BC I don't need fucking GPS cause there is only one way to get to any other city.
92GSR - mild interest

keelay

• Cheddar Bob
  • Certified OG
  • Function>Form
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2009, 05:31:50 AM »

it does have real gps, not that bullshit tower triangulation shit. I haven't bothered downloading any of the nav apps, cuz for me the google maps and gps is plenty. And jorsher is correct, I'm working in a paper mill outage right now, an so long as I am near an opening or outside, I can see where in the mill I am (handy the first few days here when I was getting lost) . There are a handfull of other apps that take advantage of the gps, such as the gps speedo, which is rediculously accurate (verified with radar trailer thing on side of highway). And its a free app. There is this one kinda stupid app that gather gps location and plants "zombies" around you on your map and you have to avoid them. I'm waitin for someone to take advantage of the accelerometer and make a g tech like meter like an app that's availible for the iPhone.
The 2 fat bitches from the internet fucked me. Except for one, she didn'#039#039t.

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2009, 02:39:47 PM »

Zombie one might be cool drunk or high

Sinister

• insane in the membrane
  • Certified OG
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2009, 02:56:30 PM »

I have a Navigon that I got refurbed for $80 shipped about half a year ago now I'd say. New maps cost money but after 2 years or so iirc they're free, so its fine for most things. Works pretty well, only problem with mine is I've left it in the car and when it goes from really hot to really cold or vice versa on some days it thinks the memory card has been popped out, this has happened a few times and gets on my nerves. Other than that its worked well and for an $80 unit I can't complain.
3/5/09 - RIP HMT
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up