:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

GET YOUR OFFICIAL REALHOMEMADETURBO.COM STICKERS! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I love two faced friends.... NSFW?????????  (Read 2005 times)

bouncinofftherevlimiter

I love two faced friends.... NSFW?????????
« on: November 13, 2009, 10:54:39 AM »

CLIFFNOTES:
not that anyone gives a fuck, but im rather pissed about one of my friends that after a recent issue with his car melting down for the 4th time, flipping on me, talking shit behind my back...

if you care to read the rest of the story it will continue here, if not fuck off...

heres a little background on him, a good friend of mine thinks he is the king of hondas when it comes to my town. he has done a few swaps and what not, but his shit was all slow, high teens in the 1/4, nothing special.

then he bought an accord with the F20B and that was the fastest car around... errr something. car ran 14s, so he decided a hatch would be a better idea, so he buys a shit box rust hole, patches it up and drops H22 in it. car ran 13s, and he tells me it needs to be faster.

I held his hand and told him exactly what to buy, even gave him part numbers and phone numbers. he got cheap, put a used greddy D kit on it, with the td04 15g, and i actually cut the D flange off and welded a H flange on for him. the rest of the build was dsm 450s, and a failbag john vega tune. he ran that car and it was slower than the non turbo H, the turbo was waaaaay too much backpressure and the car would only rev to 6000, and would fall on its face.

next he finally kinda follows my advise, and gets a 57 trim, like i told him to in the first place, but got all ching chong parts. the car can 12.9 on slicks at 12lb, same shitty vega tune, but suprisingly it ran rather well.

he got bored with that car and got a 99 civic coupe. he came to me and told me he wants to run 11s cheap, so i told him to look into a z6 vitera D. he got vitera pistons, eagle rods, arp studs, ching chong turbo, cast mani, wastegate and bov and DSM 450s. i helped him file fit the rings, which he wasnt going to do, and then when it came time to notch the block he grabbed the die grinder and carbide and went to town, on this assembled motor, reused the stock bearings in the 120k+ stock motor and just blew it all out with a can of brakleen... the tune was another john vega special used in his brother in laws crx, which consequently ran like shit.

that motor lasted exactly 8 miles. spun the main, ruined the crank and block.

the next time he built another motor but this time used new bearings and kept it clean, i think, i dunno i wasnt there for the build. he got the motor in the car, put what he thought was around 22lb in the wastegate and went and raped it. the car would only make 12lb, and after a day or two it started smoking. now he might be semi convinced the car needs a better tune. a compression test revealed in order 80,125,120,75.

this time he has someone actually tune it. he had the number 20lb stuck in his head, his reasoning was that it would be cool to go to the track and if someone asked how much boost you running they he could tell them 20lb.... whatever... at least i could talk him into bigger injectors, i found him a set of delphi 780s. he was so sure that he could make 500hp on 450s, cause some kid he knows did it, and also used an AFC.

so the tuner tries to tune the car, but its spewing oil all over and running like shit, a conservative tune is made (10* IIRC??)
he takes the car home tears it down and finds all the cyls have broken ring lands. he puts motor 3 together and as soon as its together goes and rips on it, he figures tune should be right, so makes a pull, hits 2nd and melts a hole in 2 pistons, on intake side, through the ring pack.

the tuner came to the conclusion that he had too much timing, he was running a obd2 dizzy on a Z6, with a y7 balancer and no marks on the cover. timing had to be a guess. how else would you know. even when being tuned it was a guess. he chocks it up too much timing, must have had the cam gear one tooth off, something like that...

motor 4 is assembled, it gets tuned again, he has yet to hit boost, so they start tuning, everything is going good, car seems finally right. they make a pull at 22lb, hit 4th, go to turn around and the car starts running like shit and spews oil again. they pop the hood and see that the boost gauge line, which is t-ed into the fpr line, popped off and prolly lost some FP and went lean that is the reason for death #4.

he plays it off all cool, says hes going to try something different. things were fine. he then pulls the motor down and from what ive heard if melted in the same place, just diff cyls.

now he is badmouthing the tuner, and its his fault the motors keep popping, he said that he determined timing caused the one and the lack of FP caused the next but the damage is the same, so it has to be the tuners fault.

then he has the balls to say i dont know what im doing and i  O0 rig my shit by using silicone instead of exhaust gaskets (find me a gasket for an HX35 DP flange and i would buy one) and that i buy used parts and his shit is all new. i buy good used shit, like holsluts and stuff like that, not new ching chong... ill buy a used holset or BW before id run a free chinger... (guess im a hypocrite, i have chinger wastegate, which i want to replace, and bov).

so yeah im pretty fucking pissed right now, and as far as im concerned, he can figure it out on his own now. i heard through a friend he is going to drop it off at a shop, have them build, install, and tune it. i find it funny the all knowledgable honda master as he likes to think he is, is going to pay to have his car built, that alone makes me loose what little respect i had for him. if he was such a badass he should be able to build his own. i told him after the first melt down to look into a better piston, but once again, other people can do it, so why spend the extra money....

please feel free to insert comments. FML, rant over...

i feel alot better now, well not really, but this will def make it better..

« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 06:01:21 PM by bouncinofftherevlimiter »
No longer own a turbo car...

94 Accord, first running 4g63 piston/h22 rod/f22 block &ampamp crank

HX35 18lb 486hp/391tq

Teg2boo

• Certified OG
Re: I love two faced friends.... NSFW?????????
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 11:41:16 AM »

There are always people like that. That's why I have no friends its too much trouble ;)

damn you guys too? its a fucking forum not a court room!
 Its not a forum its a gang.  

Avistar23

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 11:42:39 AM »

This is why im very carefull whose car i build / touch.....

and your friend has some bad bad bad bad luck with cars
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution II CE9A -- Holset powered

F250 4x4 7.3 Diesel

International 4900 DT 466E
Freightliner Fl115 M11 CelectPlus

Spanish-rice

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 12:48:46 PM »

i know my work computer blocks some image hosting, so i might be missing it... but how is this nsfw?
386whp/320tq nbspnbsp D series corn burner

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 01:53:44 PM »

Melted pistons through the ring package = the block has never been to a machine shop to set correct piston-wall clearances and/or the ring end gap is neither checked nor modified.

chris

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 04:54:06 PM »

This is why im very carefull whose car i build / touch.....

and your friend has some bad bad bad bad luck with cars

No he is just an idiot who can't build a motor

jarebear667

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 05:06:27 PM »

doesn't sound like a friend to me.  i would have named it two faced people.

sounds like a supid fuck.
midwest HMT!

bouncinofftherevlimiter

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 05:43:11 PM »

Melted pistons through the ring package = the block has never been to a machine shop to set correct piston-wall clearances and/or the ring end gap is neither checked nor modified.

beleive it or not JD, the 3rd time, he took it to a machine shop, they set the P-T-W clearance to .0045, due to the necessary overbore, when the ringlands broke the 2nd time i beleive it gouged the walls IIRC.

i get so confused anymore, all i know is my shit runs good, never had any issues with the motor itself holding together, and it sees rapings everytime im behind the wheel, once i did a fresh build. my first one was a 200k+ mile motor, and i was pretty hard on it. it eventually took out the middle main, but i didnt expect much from it.

HX35 18lb 486hp/391tq

Spanish-rice

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 08:20:53 PM »

i know my work computer blocks some image hosting, so i might be missing it... but how is this nsfw?

sorry for the confusion, i see it now
386whp/320tq nbspnbsp D series corn burner

JACER63

• Certified OG
  • well shit..
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 10:18:37 PM »

your buddy is an  idiot plain and simple.  "my cars so slow lets turbo it"  wiill the vtak crack now....

bouncinofftherevlimiter

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 10:02:09 PM »

So, my friend called me and talked to me for a while, and i hinted toward some of the things he had been saying, and he kinda avoided the questions, and as i pursued more he kept agreeing with everything i said, and all the bad things he said about me and the tuner were totally turned around. i dunno if he dosent want to piss me off or he really knows that he was in the wrong? ego issue maybe??

now he is going to go with wisecos, like i suggested from the beginning, and trying it one more time.

HX35 18lb 486hp/391tq

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2009, 10:46:47 PM »

You are a fucking idiot.

Wait, I didn't really say that.  Can you help me change my oil?  By help I mean you change it I watch you.

bouncinofftherevlimiter

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2009, 10:53:53 PM »

You are a fucking idiot.

Wait, I didn't really say that.  Can you help me change my oil?  By help I mean you change it I watch you.

Thanks for the compliment BTW...

pretty much what its like, but i told him he's on his own, i guess hes taking his next Z6 block to a machine shop, have it bored by them and assembled by them, so im not going to be invloved too much, i am still bitter but im not going to be a total dick to him. im just going to make him do all the work this time.

maybe then he will realize how much work is really involved.... or maybe im giving him too much credit..

HX35 18lb 486hp/391tq

SgtB

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2009, 10:55:22 PM »

Sounds like an incompetent fool compensating for his inadequacies by blame shifting, and then being too chicken shit to man up to you on the phone. Fuck 'em

trevor72

• trevwhore
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2009, 05:55:24 PM »

Definitely a good plan, learn by doing is a great tool for those who think its all easy and have never done it all themselves. 

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2009, 10:50:32 PM »

doesn't sound like a friend to me.  i would have named it two faced people.

sounds like a supid fuck.

Tell him he's a dumb shit for listening to someone he claims is a retard for what, 4-5 motors??? Tell him he's lucky you didn't charge him for all your time. I fucking hate ingrates.

If he ever apologizes, have him speak to some race teams or people like Jeff Evans who know the whole process from ripping the "core" motor apart to giving it the final tune. Make sure he knows what to do at what point, how NOT to rape an untuned motor, etc. All his mistakes stem from impatience, laziness, or just being a cheap-ass. Look at Dr D-series' car, 10's for pennies on the dollar, with a used Holslut IIRC.

People who try for power and won't listen to people who HAVE succeeded are bound for failure...at life.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid
Pages: [1]   Go Up