Fox chassis with 351-408
- 6 (14.3%)
CRX
- 15 (35.7%)
HHH
- 4 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions for next car  (Read 7445 times)

patsmx5

• Certified OG
Re: Suggestions for next car
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2010, 12:49:06 AM »

For a 351, I'd have to at minimum get a gasket set, and motor mounts. I have a c4 and c6 at my disposal, but no v8 t5's.

Why would you want a shitty T5?  Why would you want a manual transmission Mustang, at all?  They feel like crap to drive, and never hook like an automagic.   Build the C6 with a reverse valvebody and stall and proceed to fall in love.

BTW, you suck at life and I want to stab you in the forehead with a pencil, but run an EEC-V ECU (CBAZA, CRAI8, CRAJ0 strategies recommended) and bring it to me for tuning.

Why would you ever want anything automatic unless it's a truck? I know most v8's get run with auto's and they work very well drag racing. i just could never have a car with one.
Turbo auto V8 with a manual valve body and reasonable stall is a whole 'nother story. It's not exactly a boring slushbox when it's putting several hundred HP to the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Adam Hopkins
There is no such thing as too much boost. You could have too little rod, piston, or sleeve. But never too much boost.

keelay

• Cheddar Bob
  • Certified OG
  • Function>Form
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2010, 05:41:22 AM »

So the fox chassis it is. Still up in the air on powertrain. But it will be turbo whatever it is
The 2 fat bitches from the internet fucked me. Except for one, she didn'#039#039t.

arsenio

• I have the word "CockHound" tattooed on my neck
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2010, 09:13:37 AM »

Nice... You are getting the civic of the 'muscle' world. Hopefully you are in a place that is not infested with mustangs, like around here.

I am currently banned for being a piece of shit.
Will you miss me?

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2010, 10:36:38 AM »

A large diameter trans like a c6 with a manual VB isnt exactly your mom's accord when it shifts.  More like getting hit in the in the kidneys with a brick when your trying to have sex.  :noel:

blowoff valves are for pussies.

j.h.christ

• Certified OG
  • Compl3x is a giant faggot
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2010, 10:39:48 AM »

More like getting hit in the in the kidneys with a brick when your trying to have sex. 

i prefer that
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8090/lolcart.gif
"quotquotI spent most of my money on booze and women. The rest I just wasted."quotquot

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2010, 10:42:06 AM »

For a 351, I'd have to at minimum get a gasket set, and motor mounts. I have a c4 and c6 at my disposal, but no v8 t5's.

Why would you want a shitty T5?  Why would you want a manual transmission Mustang, at all?  They feel like crap to drive, and never hook like an automagic.   Build the C6 with a reverse valvebody and stall and proceed to fall in love.

BTW, you suck at life and I want to stab you in the forehead with a pencil, but run an EEC-V ECU (CBAZA, CRAI8, CRAJ0 strategies recommended) and bring it to me for tuning.

Why would you ever want anything automatic unless it's a truck? I know most v8's get run with auto's and they work very well drag racing. i just could never have a car with one.
Turbo auto V8 with a manual valve body and reasonable stall is a whole 'nother story. It's not exactly a boring slushbox when it's putting several hundred HP to the ground.

+ OVER 9000

Matt, you really need to drive even a mild 400-ish whp Mustang with a stall/valvebody C4/C6/TH-something, and enough suspension work to keep the read end from bucking and hitching around in an ignorant fashion.  Then go drive the manual transmission equivalent.  You'll throw up a little in your mouth.  The manual trans is a necessary evil if you want to roadrace the car, but it's obviously the crappiest design made in the last 20 years.  If you are building a big turbo car or even a humble yet frisky street car the automagic box is the only way to fly.

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2010, 01:23:19 PM »

+ OVER 9000

Matt, you really need to drive even a mild 400-ish whp Mustang with a stall/valvebody C4/C6/TH-something, and enough suspension work to keep the read end from bucking and hitching around in an ignorant fashion.  Then go drive the manual transmission equivalent.  You'll throw up a little in your mouth.  The manual trans is a necessary evil if you want to roadrace the car, but it's obviously the crappiest design made in the last 20 years.  If you are building a big turbo car or even a humble yet frisky street car the automagic box is the only way to fly.

Yeah, i'm sure my ignorance on the subject cloads my opinion on them. But i do get a chance to ride in a built 6.0L auto FC rx7 with a turbonetics tc78 once snow melts. should be a hell of a ride, just might change my opinion on v8 auto's, haha

ironcrx

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2010, 01:47:20 PM »

fidn yourself a s12 like i did.  lol  O0
"quotquotI lost a testical to cancer and I still got more balls than anyone else in the room!"quotquot

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2010, 01:58:51 PM »

+ OVER 9000

Hella displacement:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GM-8-1-L-VORTEC-ENGINE-motor-w-ECM-SILVERADO-SIERRA_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3ca9dadce3QQitemZ260547730659QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Hella gears:
http://motors.shop.ebay.com/__?_from=R40&_trksid=m39&_nkw=camaro+6spd+transmission

Hella possibilities:
http://www.ajeracing.com/ (last)

You can usually score the motor/trans cheaper locally. My friend picked up a 5.3L for $500 with 80k. If I didn't have my firebird, I'd be doing that.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2010, 02:27:08 PM »

Wait, so T5s and their variants are garbage?

Who knew?

:P

keelay

• Cheddar Bob
  • Certified OG
  • Function>Form
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2010, 05:01:06 PM »

fidn yourself a s12 like i did.  lol  O0

I'd love to have an s12. Seriously.
And for the Auto, I love a properly prepared auto. I had the TH-350 living behind the small Olds I built years ago at 500 something torque. It was basically a stock valve body, except a trans go strip kit. That was a fun car.
The 2 fat bitches from the internet fucked me. Except for one, she didn'#039#039t.

random-strike

• Certified OG
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2010, 05:07:57 PM »

my next car: get one and be just like me. super cool

Double doors, marble floors, naked hoes around me
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up