:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got video of your car doing rippers or dirty 2/3rds? post them up! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Buy my shitty car! [CL Add=win!]  (Read 1327 times)

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
Buy my shitty car! [CL Add=win!]
« on: February 16, 2010, 02:01:34 PM »

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/1592664270.html

Buy my shitty car! (Seattle/Eastside)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-02-09, 1:04AM PST
Reply to: sale-qz9mk-1592664270@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 1999 Honda Civic EX with 182,000 miles on it. Black exterior/gray interior, automatic transmission, power windows (sorta), keyless entry

There are severe dents in both rear quarter panels, the cover of the driver's side blinker is missing and there are scratches on the rear bumper which also hangs a couple inches lower on the passenger side (some breezer backed into me in Santa Barbara). It has a spoiler despite the fact it's front wheel drive and takes four minutes to go from 0 to 60.

The rear wheel on the driver's side doesn't match the other three since someone slashed the tire last September and I replaced it with the spare. The original wheel was abandoned somewhere in Orange County, rendering the spare a permanent fixture. In conjunction with the tire slashing, someone also keyed the word "FUCK" above the gas tank. I didn't have the money to fix it, so on the brilliant suggestion of a dear friend, we threw a party, had a bunch of friends over, got a little soused, and added "ING AWESOME" on the end.

At some point the top of the car was struck by either a tree branch or a meteor because there's a sizeable dent behind the sunroof that keeps it from opening (but probably doesn't leak).

The driver's side window doesn't roll up completely, and if you want it to go down you have to pull on it with one hand while pressing the power-window button with the other. The left side of the center console is loose and sits about an inch forward, a remnant of a past break-in.

People occasionally smoked in the car and I would mask the smell by spraying musky French perfume all over the place, so the interior smells like a Parisian brothel.

If you can look past these minor imperfections, there's a lot to this car. It's unbelievably reliable. I've been very good about oil changes and routine maintenance and there have never been any mechanical problems, save for having the starter replaced in 2002. It gets great gas mileage (I average 30 mpg with a pretty even mix of city and highway driving). I had always said I would drive this car until it died, but it's really showing no signs of slowing and I get a lot of sideways glances when I show up to business meetings in this vehicle.

Here are some potential ideas for what you could do with this car:

*Punish your 15 year old child who feels they're entitled to a vehicle when they turn 16
*Demolition derby
*Sell it for parts
*Make a video of it, send it to Pimp My Ride, get featured on MTV, get a totally revamped car, sell it on Craigslist, profit

Please email me with inquiries. I will send photos and be happy to answer any questions you have

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1592664270
You hhave just failed on so many levels, im waiting for someone else to verbally slap you in the gooch with a mallet

1fasthf

• RHMT resident Bruce Buffer
Re: Buy my shitty car! [CL Add=win!]
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 02:13:27 PM »

someone get pics
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i159/kckustums/nig4.gif

A fine, possibly underaged female complimented the CRX yesterday. nbspnbsp I left her in a cloud of burnt oil chyeeeaaah
Pages: [1]   Go Up