:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suspension question?  (Read 3529 times)

Cooljnateman

Suspension question?
« on: August 15, 2010, 06:14:25 PM »

My suspension is shot, badly. And I have done research and narrowed it down to these 4 selections.

F1 type 1 coilovers
Blox coilovers (idk which stiffness to get)
Skunk 2 coiloversl
Koni /gc setup

For a daily setupnis 12k front good 10k bak?
Integra LS-T nbspnbsp 221.5 Hp 215.5 TQ 5.5psi Dyno-Max add 8-10% and for DynoJet numbers HATERS!

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
Re: Suspension question?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 07:30:16 PM »

My suspension is shot, badly. And I have done research and narrowed it down to this 1 selection.

Koni /gc setup

There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

chris

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 03:35:08 AM »

Ground controls have lifetime warranty and not the ebay style warranty they actually fix shit if something goes uber wrong which it wont.

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 07:52:42 AM »

For one you never mentioned what you want out of the car. And you never said what you ever intend on doing with this shit.

If you want a semi cheap setup that is proven to work out the box get the gc/koni's. But if your looking for a mild drop with "good" ride quality ( No gc's don't ride good, there pretty much a road race setup that 20 somethings deal with because it works so well) You need to look into a quality spring like eibach's or similer.

But NONE of this means shit as you failed to list wtf you want/need out of this shit. And 12k/10k means dick as you probably didn't take the time to do the math on the springs rates, so i won't ether.

O0 O0 O0 O0

Cooljnateman

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 07:59:13 AM »

My suspension is shot, badly. And I have done research and narrowed it down to this 1 selection.

Koni /gc setup

See i want to be different and i know this is PROVEN or w.e. but i feel i want to try something different. The blox drag setup seems appealing to me though, because the car will be used as a drag car not auto cross because one the turbo is to big for autocross and doesnt make significant boost till up in the 5000 range and when it does it comes on hard. Also i will drive the car around town here and there, and would like to take a corner or go over a bump here and there while still maintaining some what of a smooth ride but i can sacrifice some driveability.
Integra LS-T nbspnbsp 221.5 Hp 215.5 TQ 5.5psi Dyno-Max add 8-10% and for DynoJet numbers HATERS!

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 09:36:00 AM »

See i want to be different...

Don't buy Honda's then. If you must buy honda's being different in your case is the GC koni setup, as it is not the normally niggered out civic you would drive...  :-*
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 10:42:11 AM »

Overly hard springs for a mostly street car won't make it much faster around corners. Have a talk with that PIC guy on hater-tech about weight transfer and tire contact patch. It may just change your mind.

For the street I'd really recommend big sways over rockhard springs.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

narfdanarf

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 11:18:37 AM »

I have the blox 12k/10k setup.  I like it good enough I guess...they are a little underdamped, but not too bad. I know where there is a a set of the omnipower drag coilovers for sale for $600 shipped.  But like $50 more you can get the blox ones if they are off back order AFAIK they have been on back order for 5 months.  That's why I just said fuck it and bought the 12k/10k ones.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 12:23:12 PM »

You listed a bunch of crap and then put Koni/GC at the bottom like it would be your last choice.

Eibach makes the springs for GC.  They, or Carrerra, make all of the springs in the world including china coilover kits.  Matt, if you wanted to say an Eibach Pro-kit drop spring I would wholly approve because they are perfect for a pure street car, but you simply said Eibach spring so now I am arguing with you on the internet!!

Nate, hope you listen to reason instead of following the allure of some brightly anodized crap with an advertising campaign.

Towdogg

• Certified OG
  • Cfm's don't roll through an air intake!
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 12:28:40 PM »

He isn't gonna buy anything nice.....  If he does I bet he'll sell the whole car a month later....

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 10:18:33 PM »

He isn't gonna buy anything nice.....  If he does I bet he'll sell the whole car a month later....

It's a Honda, so it would be par for the course. Buy a car, fix it up beyond a daily driver, realize you need a driver not a glorified econobox, part it out/sell for a loss.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2010, 06:20:39 PM »

bump for evidence of lack of follow-through

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2010, 08:47:37 PM »

I had some Eibach springs with Konis on the Integra. Rode WAY smoother than a dropped import is supposed to, went around corners, and did some drag duty on the weekends.

blowoff valves are for pussies.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2010, 11:28:40 PM »

I knew that thing felt fucking awesome, but I didn't know it had awesome bolted to all four corners.

The Eiback Pro-kit is (for Civics) 275 lb/in front and 225 lb/in rear.  It is by no means real track rates, but for a street car with a bit of power that doesn't beat out your kidneys it fucking works.

BoostedSchemes

• Certified OG
  • ☂BloodRaincoat☂
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2010, 11:36:04 PM »

i had the complete tokico setup for my DA

it was fine

OK
All posts before 8am and after 3pm are produced under the influence of alcohol.

Major Loser, please tell me how to be smart and interesting like you~

d112crzy

• Certified OG
  • white power
    • CrzyTuning
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2010, 11:38:38 PM »

For one you never mentioned what you want out of the car. And you never said what you ever intend on doing with this shit.

If you want a semi cheap setup that is proven to work out the box get the gc/koni's. But if your looking for a mild drop with "good" ride quality ( No gc's don't ride good, there pretty much a road race setup that 20 somethings deal with because it works so well) You need to look into a quality spring like eibach's or similer.

But NONE of this means shit as you failed to list wtf you want/need out of this shit. And 12k/10k means dick as you probably didn't take the time to do the math on the springs rates, so i won't ether.

O0 O0 O0 O0

Like JD said, Eibach makes GC coils. Also, GC coils can be ordered in custom rates.

350lb/in is the max i'd go for a street setup. Proper damping is more important.
www.crzytuning.com

Nobody comes into my house and shits all over it.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up