:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Daspoop/Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: who has big/crazy dogs? my dog keeps breaking collars  (Read 1548 times)

• Certified OG
who has big/crazy dogs? my dog keeps breaking collars
« on: June 04, 2012, 01:46:07 AM »

my dog sometimes hangs out in the front of the garage on a cable and sometimes when people O0 walk by she will run at them and 2-3 times now she has broken a tie out and or D ring right off her collar. i dont want to use a chain because it just looks kind of nigrish on a pitbull

i only use tie outs rated for "large dogs" like rated for 125lbs +  my dog is only about 65lbs of muscle and head, but shes strong and can go from 0-30mph in 1 sec and run flat out for a mile she straight tore the D ring right out of her leather collar today, the leather looked like a snaped in half piece of beef jerky. the nylon ones seem like they pull her hair out. i dont want anyone getting bit people already have a bad view of these dogs and shes not helping lol  anyone know of anything besides chain like some place that sells seriously heavy duty dog collars ? really dont want to have to resort to making her wear a bunch of metal like some junkyard ghetto dog

blade8r

• Rhapsodic Sinner
  • insolant bastard
Re: who has big/crazy dogs? my dog keeps breaking collars
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 04:39:35 AM »

you can put her on a rubber choke collar. doesnt hurt when tugged and your dog will learn not to pull the leash. although it'll learn to hate that collar when he/she has it on.

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 10:40:40 AM »

I had the same issue, then I stop using the colars and started using the full body harness. Doesnt hurt the dog and holds the weight better since it spreads the load.
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

random-strike

• Certified OG
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 01:20:57 PM »

my pits get out of all of them. solution = fence
Double doors, marble floors, naked hoes around me

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 02:41:09 PM »

I don't have any of these problems with my boxers. But then again I have trained them extensively to stay in the yard since they were puppies.
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

• Certified OG
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 06:30:45 PM »

mines a boxer pit  i never trained her to stay in the yard because i have a huge fenced back yard but we all hang out in the open garage so i have a tie out in the front of my garage so she can hang out sometimes, plus if i run inside to take a shit or somthing i know no one is going to easily run in my garage and steal shit.

the full body harness works well with her and she will actually lift her legs one at a time so i can easily put it on but id rather just clip somthing to a collar that im not gona have to worry about letting loose if she gives it a hard yank

• Certified OG
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 12:45:26 PM »

went to my local fleet farm and found an extra large shock spring like the ones that come on some tieouts but this one is 3x bigger

the one that was on there i could pretty easily fully compress.. this one has a soft start but i have to really pull on it just to get it half compressed

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 01:16:34 AM »

blockydogs.com

Just saying.

Expensive, but Molly's has lasted years.  I just recently retired it because she rolled in shit and I haven't quite got the smell out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up