:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: diagnose my shitty integra  (Read 3117 times)

TTC

• Certified OG
diagnose my shitty integra
« on: June 25, 2013, 02:42:50 PM »

So this is the first real issue ive had

2001 non vtak integra LS

Idles mostly ok, if i flip on AC it gets erratic.  Then it starts to want to die and idle hunts.  Sometimes at stop signs with ac or not i try to take off and it just fuckin bogs and dies like a badly tuned megasquirt car. It seems like all ign shuts down not just a few cylinders. I put on some new wires cause I figured why not, I havent done this since I got it. Next is cap and rotor. 

It almost seems like the iac is sucking out, but that wouldnt explain why it bogs on accel from low rpm. anyway.

Voltage seems ok at 14, i fiddled with the idle up screw and tossed a check light. I'm pretty sure thats not it. 

PS: Can i reset light by disconnecting battery? I could google i guess and figure that out.   

Minor Threat

• Certified OG
Re: diagnose my shitty integra
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 04:25:23 PM »

Burn it.

Why don't you check the code, because that will tell you exactly what's wrong?
"quotquotand the welds look like a pigeon had 1 too many chili-dogs, whoever built them needs to go throw their tools in the ocean."quotquot

www.facebook.com/enhancedautoperformance

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 06:14:41 PM »

Burn it.

Why don't you check the code, because that will tell you exactly what's wrong?
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 09:44:53 PM »

I always check grounds before I do anything. Get a set of jumper cables if you dont have any, slap one end on the block, and the other ends on the negative terminal and a clean chassis point, respectively. Anything changes, and your ground sucks, fix it. Nothing changes and you've eliminated the obvious.

blowoff valves are for pussies.

TTC

• Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 07:22:54 PM »

Clean up grounds and that didn't help.  Only reason it tossed a code is cause I monkeyed around with the idle screw.

Minor Threat

• Certified OG
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 08:12:15 PM »

Clean up grounds and that didn't help.  Only reason it tossed a code is cause I monkeyed around with the idle screw.

That won't throw a code, shithead.
"quotquotand the welds look like a pigeon had 1 too many chili-dogs, whoever built them needs to go throw their tools in the ocean."quotquot

www.facebook.com/enhancedautoperformance

quadnie

• Certified OG
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 03:38:06 AM »

You never mentioned that this car is stock or not.  If it is stock then we have a world of troubleshooting tips for you.  If it isn't stocked and running a chipped OBD1.... start somewhere else?
Pages: [1]   Go Up