:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AJ's 1966 Nova LSX twin turbo build! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: dash lites have a mind of there own  (Read 2540 times)

papercuts

dash lites have a mind of there own
« on: May 20, 2009, 08:14:45 AM »

So my dash has a mind of its own. Sometimes the lites work and most of the time they don't. Same goes for my speedo. Some times when I flip on the blinker the speedo satrts showing auctal speed not just 20 mph but then stops about 5 minutes later. My odo doesn't pick up the miles either. But when the speedo works it will. Put it this way my trip meter reads 150 miles or so and itd taken 6 months to get there. Lol. Any ideas. I've already pulled the cluster out and everything was hooked up fine.

SloS13

• RHMT Ex-President
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • My avatar is broken
Re: dash lites have a mind of there own
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 09:07:40 AM »

check your grounds

junkyard racer

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 09:16:44 AM »

I have this remedy. Give the dash a real good whack. I have 2 techniques.

1. the palm. this utilizes the palm side of your hand. some of you might refer to it as the dick skinning side. anyways, flat plam, rare back and just fucking let the dash have it. generally one good whack will do it.

2. the fuck you fist method. this method uses a real good fist. ball your hand up like your about to knock someone out, rare back and punch the fucking dash. sometimes a hammer method will work better, use your own judgement.

typically, method #1 works for me. give it a try.

highroller54

• I caught the fable Novacorn
  • Certified OG
  • Spreading the rhmt word like PB&J
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 10:28:44 AM »

Fucked dash lights on civics are often the dimmer, speedos are often the speedo or speed sensor. Just something to check.
Xenocron is a piece of shit.

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/turbo1.gif

papercuts

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 11:38:55 AM »

Forgot to mention that I swaped the vss to a known good one. And if the tranny gear that spins the vss gear was bad it wouldn't ever show speed?rite. Ima try the palm method today. Also buying a new tranny so that may fix my speedo problem. I hate not knowing exactly how fast I'm goin. Especially when there's a cop behind me or ahead. I feel like cops slow down sometimes just to fuck with people. I judge everything off of wat gear I'm in and rpm and I've had this tranny for a while so I know it pretty well
Pages: [1]   Go Up