:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got video of your car doing rippers or dirty 2/3rds? post them up! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Obama's Stimulus in Action  (Read 2073 times)

danwjmu

Obama's Stimulus in Action
« on: June 23, 2009, 06:08:43 PM »

Fuck this shit.  I traveled 200 miles today across VA, MD and WV and 5 different fucking times the roads were 1 lane because of road "construction."  By construction I mean 10 guys standing around with their thumbs up their asses while one guy digs with a backhoe.

Anyone else notice an increase in road destruction projects in their area?

chris

Re: Obama's Stimulus in Action
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 06:12:37 PM »

80 which connects sacramento with the san francisco area has be under construction for 10 years and still isnt done.

Las vegas is always under road construction

I dont see anything new around me except the little town next to me has become a haven for meth dealers and crime #'s only seen in the true inner cities yet its full of white trash.

Oh and the largest city next to me has the 3rd highest unemployment in the country.

shadow

• Certified OG
  • out either bangin gears or your mom
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 06:22:13 PM »

most highway/street construction in CA, at least the la area is done at night.
'Get the fucking handout and give it to me. I'll put a "Sponsored by Darkelvis Racing" banner on my drag car, and spend the money on crack and hookers.'

Sinister

• insane in the membrane
  • Certified OG
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 06:30:56 PM »

Lots of work in my area. PA is famous for it but they knocked out two bridges and have worked on about 5-6 different spots (including another bridge) on my road alone, and even though this road is like 30 miles long I still traveled it a bit and they were working on 3 different areas each day.

When I went out to Ohio the other day there was construction everywhere, and they even had part of a highway completely blocked off as far as the eye could see.
3/5/09 - RIP HMT

chris

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 06:42:08 PM »

most highway/street construction in CA, at least the la area is done at night.

That applies to all of California

80 which is the only way to get 4 million people around is still a mess and much of it is finally getting car pools

Our car polls also need 3 people to qualify not 2 like in LA

jagojon3

• Certified OG
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 06:43:42 PM »

HURF DURF OBAMA BROKE MY TOILET

Turkey soup pancakes sir

buk9tp

chris

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 08:08:54 PM »

I fuckin love that movie

Conceptz-X

• Certified OG
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 08:09:47 PM »

Come on, it saved all those jobs.  Think about it, if there were not 6 stupervisors, the job would never get done right at entry level govt pay

spoonfedcrx

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 08:10:46 PM »

My township got a grant or some shit from govt and they been replacing sewer and water lines in front of my friends house.  They said theyre going to do the whole long ass road.  Going to take 2 years.  

Its funny sitting on his porch watching people drive past the ROAD CLOSED signS and stop when they see 2 dumptrucks in either lane and not know where to go.  The road is a cut through and sees a lot of traffic.

E-b0la

• Certified OG
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 09:01:38 PM »

the highway I drive on to work every mourning is 1 lane for fucking pointless construction.

All they are doing is paving the patch of dirt between the sides of the two lane highway for water runoff.

Not even touching the actual road. Fucking waste of money. Stimulus my ass.

jagojon3

• Certified OG
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009, 09:11:33 PM »

You blame this on the stimulus, but it's the same as any other summer. Tons of construction to bitch about, and you always see 5 guys standing around watching one or two guys work.

Turkey soup pancakes sir

1991civicsi

• Certified OG
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2009, 09:18:32 PM »

Being that I live in NYC, traffic is a daily issue. Construction is always causing back-ups, another reason is the people who suck at driving and crash and burn.
"quotquotThis ain'#039#039t no forum, its a gang.. "quotquot BigDaddyVtec

E-b0la

• Certified OG
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2009, 09:48:08 PM »

You blame this on the stimulus, but it's the same as any other summer. Tons of construction to bitch about, and you always see 5 guys standing around watching one or two guys work.

Utica, NY doesn't have a pot to piss in, let alone money to do road repairs.  Highway projects are most likely federally funded.

And they still manage to waste money, with 5 guys standing around one guy working the backhoe. Exactly why I didn't want to become a civil engineer.

jagojon3

• Certified OG
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2009, 09:49:48 PM »

Utica, NY doesn't have a pot to piss in, let alone money to do road repairs.  Highway projects are most likely federally funded.

And they still manage to waste money, with 5 guys standing around one guy working the backhoe. Exactly why I didn't want to become a civil engineer.

I agree, they always find ways to waste money. But what does that have to do with you being a civil engineer? Why be an engineer at all if you're gonna worry about the labor that builds a project you worked on?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 09:51:23 PM by jagojon3 »

Turkey soup pancakes sir

LS1pwNzJ00

• FagoJon is queer bait
  • Certified OG
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2009, 11:00:10 PM »

how fucking long have they been working on the bay bridge?
http://<ltltimg src="quotquothttp://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l3b3icaMwV1qzy9ouo1_500.jpg"quotquot nbspnbsp width="quotquot200"quotquot height="quotquot400"quotquot>gtgt

chris

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2009, 11:52:31 PM »

how fucking long have they been working on the bay bridge?

since 1989 and the earthquake

Teg2boo

• Certified OG
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2009, 12:22:29 AM »

Same thing here and not even in the same country. It stimulates the economy they say. Stimulate my fucking patience too. 80km/h on the highway is slow and boring. Always in traffic too.

My girlfriend is a civil engineer and the things she tells me about waste of money is really frustrating.

damn you guys too? its a fucking forum not a court room!
 Its not a forum its a gang.  

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2009, 01:59:04 AM »

we dont use kmh here at rhmt
malone labe

I think all cop cars need to have turbo. nbspnbsp Then they would understand the necessity of putting your foot down and how uncontrollable the urge is to fucking rail on that shit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up