:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Build thread database... check it. (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recipe: Hot & Sour Soup  (Read 986 times)

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
Recipe: Hot & Sour Soup
« on: August 02, 2009, 04:45:22 PM »

Ingredients:

Garlic
Onion
Ginger
Green onion
Mushrooms (I used baby portobello)
Chicken bouillon cubes or stock
Tofu (extra firm)
Soy sauce
Egg
Rice wine vinegar
Sesame seed oil
Corn starch
Hot sauce (whatever brand you like, I have Mega Death as it has pretty much no flavor just hot as fuck)

Go ahead and chop up some onion as it takes a while for it to cook. I used two slices off a large onion. About a cup total. Throw it in a pan on med low heat to let it saute.

Now take four cups of water and place it on the stove to boil. When it starts to boil drop in four of your chicken bouillon cubes. Let boil for a min and reduce to med low heat. (or just use four cups of chicken broth).

Add in three table spoons of soy sauce, three table spoons of rice wine vinegar (or to taste, it's what gives it the sour), and half a table spoon of the sesame oil (watch out with the sesame oil, its potent). Now I only used one drop, yes one DROP, of the Mega Death hot sauce and two shakes of cayenne pepper. If you get mega death on your hand you better wash them 10x, if you don't and rub your eye you will be ready to carve that shit out with a spoon.

Begin chopping up the rest of your ingredients. I used about half a pound of mush rooms. They cook down quite a bit. I chopped up one large clove of garlic as well. I minced up about a inch by two inch piece of ginger too, not pictured

By this time your onions should start looking a little translucent/brown. Go ahead and add the garlic to them now and saute for another 30 seconds. Don't burn the garlic or you'll regret it. Once done add it to the chicken broth.

Next throw your mushrooms in the pan and start to saute them.

Once they cook down some and look almost done throw in the ginger to cook with them for another 30 seconds. Add to your bouillon.

Next cut up your tofu. Mine was about 5 inches long so I separated it into 5 equal parts and only used two of those. I then diced it up and put it in the pan with a couple hits of soy sauce and sprinkle of wine vinegar.

After a few mins your tofu will firm up more and begin to darken. Don't over cook it though. When it looks like this throw it in the pot too.

At this point your pot should look like this:

Let it simmer for about 10 min. Beat one egg and stir it in slow. Once that is done raise the heat up to a boil. In the mean time mix a cup of water and three table spoons of corn starch. When it begins to boil stir in the corn starch slowly and allow to boil for another min or so. Remove pot from heat and allow to cool. After a few min place some soup in a bowl and sprinkle on some green onions.

Enjoy your hot and sour soup. I like a couple more shots of soy sauce in mine, but others didn't. 

« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 04:54:07 PM by Doug »

Sinister

• insane in the membrane
  • Certified OG
Re: Recipe: Hot & Sour Soup
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 04:48:38 PM »

Having problems with your post there, skippy?
3/5/09 - RIP HMT

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
Re: Recipe: Hot & Sour Soup
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 04:50:28 PM »

No for some reason it wasn't copying the link from photobucket and just pasting part of the post which I didn't even copy  ???
Pages: [1]   Go Up