:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Turbo doesnt spool...  (Read 2716 times)

walter

• Certified OG
Turbo doesnt spool...
« on: December 15, 2012, 04:09:18 PM »

well, it really spins , i made a homemade rebuid installed a ebay kit ago 5-6 months, after that, turbo spooled good, bov sounds good, after i stopped the car about 5-6 months, last week received a ecu and then made a basemap, turbo spin but this time i dont see any boost, today i even put antilag (using crome pro) and it doesnt get boost, not close to zero even, i assume turbo is dead already , does it? checked wastegate, it works good, not rusted ,etc. and i saw testing the car today a bit oil in the compressor... engine is D16 Vitara/eagle using T28 garret from SR20DET.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
Re: Turbo doesnt spool...
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 04:13:36 PM »

Exhaust leak, charge tube leak, or restricted air filter.
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

walter

• Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 04:22:44 PM »

really everything worked before, everything was as the last time that car were tested, not exhaust leak, not ic piping leak and there isnt any filter there, i have to say i tested the car in "industrial park" , not in the street, car is not legal for to go the street yet but it worked before! i was thinking about the new journal bearings or anything was not working good and when i revved engine turbo didnt spin correctly, could be that possible? i need a turbo and right now im looking for a ebay knockoff turbo  :-\

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 05:30:21 PM »

How much axial and radial play? Has either the turbine wheel or the compressor wheel come in contact with the housing? It still spins when the car is idling?
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

walter

• Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 06:15:26 PM »

yes, after at idle it didnt spin sometimes but right now it does..before any shafplay and right now there is a very little shaftplay..really weird..

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 09:13:14 PM »

When cold you will get a few thousands of side to side play, and very little in and out play. A t28 should spin at idle, but that's nearing the size where it's possible a d16 may not. Mine is only a 36lb/min turbo with a .48 a/r turbine housing, and sometimes if I start up when the car is warm it won't spin til rev'ed a little.

It takes a very small exhaust or charge pipe leak to keep it from spooling. I recall someone who replaced a blown gasket between the manifold and turbo (cheap gasket), and in 5 minutes the new gasket was blown. A 1" wide by 1/32" gap (25mm x .8mm) was enough to keep it at 0psi at redline.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 09:13:23 PM »

Sounds like a boost leak. I have an old oil filter I put a hole in, use a coupler and put the filter in the inlet of the turbo, put a hose from an air compressor into the filter. It will pressurize everything and you can find your leak.
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

nock

• pro... muther fuckin pro...
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2012, 11:37:13 PM »

wg link arm fell off. just wondering if you checked.

walter

• Certified OG
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 10:35:18 PM »

remove wastegate for cleaning, it's ok, i haven't much time to check that but what i have to say is , there are any leaks in IC piping and exhaust...could be that turbo is something like "seized up" ?  i means turbo doesnt spin good when i rev up the engine? anyway i hope to check again everything...

thanks for the replies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up