:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ApexSilver06MR/Jason YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: getting out of a cell phone contract  (Read 8837 times)

junkyard racer

getting out of a cell phone contract
« on: February 08, 2010, 11:00:18 AM »

Anyone have any ideas on how to get out of a contract? Tried the "you don't have service where I live..." excuse and of course that didn't work since there is a sprint store 1/2 mile away with a tower right next to it...

Do they report the cancel fee to credit monitoring?...like if I dont pay it?

Jorsher

• Certified OG
Re: getting out of a cell phone contract
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 11:30:28 AM »

Try the "don't have service thing i live" except have a little foresight and say you live somewhere that isn't near a tower...it's as simple as looking on a coverage map, picking a town in the middle of the desert.  Usually they make you show proof.  Photoshopped lease ftw...

Or, you're being deployed in which you'll need photoshopped evidence too....

Other than that I think you're SOL

Stealthmode

• Mufukkken 5 black Star General
  • Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 11:41:05 AM »

Ask them if there's a buyout.
I think Stealthmode has a few children in some of his socks. I picked up one of his socks thinking it was mine and it was crunchy. Now I spend all day wondering what the hell might be laying eggs under my fingernails.

junkyard racer

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 11:48:19 AM »

Try the "don't have service thing i live" except have a little foresight and say you live somewhere that isn't near a tower...it's as simple as looking on a coverage map, picking a town in the middle of the desert.  Usually they make you show proof.  Photoshopped lease ftw...

Or, you're being deployed in which you'll need photoshopped evidence too....

Other than that I think you're SOL

I have been working a lot in a area that has no coverage, and mentioned that. -its on the account, I made the chic read the notes to me.

I cant be deployed anymore.

Steve, I've been reading that early outs can be negotiated, which I think is what you are getting at.

Stealthmode

• Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 12:15:07 PM »

Yes. Go in and tell them you lost your job and that you will soon need to default on the contract. Sob story about not messing up your credit, and if the buyout is something you can afford now, you'll do it.

Otherwise, tell them to suck your cock.  :evil:
I think Stealthmode has a few children in some of his socks. I picked up one of his socks thinking it was mine and it was crunchy. Now I spend all day wondering what the hell might be laying eggs under my fingernails.

junkyard racer

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 12:21:34 PM »

a $.40 regulatory increase on my bill, without notification will do the trick, I think.

bout to call these fucks.

90boostdaccord

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 12:38:17 PM »

tell them to pound sand.  i did that shit 4 years ago with sprint.  they called for a little while, i just told them i wasn't paying them shit.  me and the mrs just bought a new car, so the hit to your credit is minimal if any

junkyard racer

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 12:51:09 PM »

So after a 20min phone conversation, that $.40 increase in regulatory fees...that was supposed to get mailed out in the form of a notice...just so happens we didn't get that letter...gets me out of my contract. I'm now on a month to month basis with sprint. My number is able to be ported out also. So once my number gets ported out, im off the hook with them.

Now its time to go get my iphone.

Anyone wanna buy a 8g ipod touch?

junkyard racer

Re: getting out of a cell phone contract *updated, got out of sprint*
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 12:55:09 PM »

by the way, if you want out of Sprint because of this little charge, you have until the 10th of Feb to do this. They put you on a month to month charge, and once your number is ported out to another carrier, your done with them.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 01:05:52 PM by junkyard racer »

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
  • Go outside and play hide and go fuckyourself
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 01:24:57 PM »

JYR:

I work for ATT corporate... You really want an iPhone son?  I went from ATT to Sprint. The 4g is WAY faster, the coverage is better IN MOST ALL AREAS *(At least around here)...

Prepare to get raped by ATT.

It got old. Fast. And you KNOW how I like to get raped.  Jew

Whats funny is while alot of people that work here have ATT ALOT do NOT... HAHAHHAH
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/joeymisanthropy/Misce/TURBOTHIS.jpg

H series 35 pounds... Will turn you out!
 ---GFI we build FAST---

ifly87

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 01:25:31 PM »

Fuck that, if you are on a month to month charge just tell them to eat shit. And you're number is you're property by law, unless you abandon it and then there is still a time period. You can take you're number to any carrier you want. Also, dont go and get an iphone from AT&T Verizon will have them the end of june, AT&T sucks so much dick. I bought my iphone used and didnt sign any contract with AT&T because as soon as verizon releases the iphone I'm going over to them.
Sorry dirtyturbopantyripper, you are banned from using this forum!
You are banned! K Series >gtgt D Series

Lol...Fags

Ntrain2k

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 01:38:27 PM »

Fuck that, if you are on a month to month charge just tell them to eat shit. And you're number is you're property by law, unless you abandon it and then there is still a time period. You can take you're number to any carrier you want. Also, dont go and get an iphone from AT&T Verizon will have them the end of june, AT&T sucks so much dick. I bought my iphone used and didnt sign any contract with AT&T because as soon as verizon releases the iphone I'm going over to them.

You might have a problem trying to use the GSM based AT&T iPhone on Verizon's CDMA network. You will probably be forced to go with their world GSM coverage plan to use it, or buy a CDMA iPhone.

Just sayin'.

Stealthmode

• Certified OG
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 02:51:17 PM »

I work for ATT corporate...

Make my phone bill disappear or you're lying.  :noel:

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2010, 03:02:17 PM »

Just tried to contact sprint and they didnt know shit about the .40 thing... Did you have to get transfered to the accounting group??? Threaten to close your account, then they transferred you to someone who COULD do shit??? I dont want to cancel my accounty just want to get on month to month.  :O)

Steve:

I could prove where I work, but last time I tried to help someone here some snitch snitched and cost me another good job...

Im cool.

I learned not to help any motherfucker professionally where I have pull last time around. Not that I wouldnt trust a down ass 5star mothafucka like yourself... Its the tons of other suspect assclowns running around that are the problem.

---GFI we build FAST---

hatchboy

• my wife= hotter than a 2 dollar pistol.
  • Certified OG
  • Bombs Over Baghdad
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2010, 03:14:55 PM »

Just tried to contact sprint and they didnt know shit about the .40 thing... Did you have to get transfered to the accounting group??? Threaten to close your account, then they transferred you to someone who COULD do shit??? I dont want to cancel my accounty just want to get on month to month.  :O)

Steve:

I could prove where I work, but last time I tried to help someone here some snitch snitched and cost me another good job...

Im cool.

I learned not to help any motherfucker professionally where I have pull last time around. Not that I wouldnt trust a down ass 5star mothafucka like yourself... Its the tons of other suspect assclowns running around that are the problem.

Insert "WideHomo" here

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2010, 03:23:44 PM »

You might have a problem trying to use the GSM based AT&T iPhone on Verizon's CDMA network. You will probably be forced to go with their world GSM coverage plan to use it, or buy a CDMA iPhone.

Just sayin'.

Reread what he said, you'll get it eventually

junkyard racer

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2010, 03:46:06 PM »

Steve:

Im cool.

it first started with a nice fuck you, Im leaving, how much is it gonna cost me. I got some $100 for my line and $160 for my wife's response. Then I read online to hang up and try someone else. That person said $200 for my line and $160 for my wife's. I then researched a little more and found out about the regulatory charge thing.

Go to your sprint billing page (online), then go to "sprint surcharges" and then notice the regulatory charge. Now go back to Decembers and it will show like $.40. this months is $.80. That is a breach in contract. It wasn't to difficult to get out of the contract once I said that. They said they mailed a notice to my house...I said I didn't get it...they said they sent it...I said send proof you sent it and another letter...and they said fuck you and let me out. Then they tried to get me to stay with them...offered me a free phone, yada yada yada...I said a classic Joey Davis FUCK YOU! and got out.

As of now, I know no one in my area who has problems with ATT. I do like the apps that the iphone offers and everything that goes along with the iphone. I have a ipod touch I am going to sell...which I carry with me everywhere...so really, its just combining my phone and ipod which I will like.

Ntrain2k

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2010, 04:03:46 PM »

Just sayin'.

Ditto

junkyard racer

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2010, 04:11:49 PM »

Next week i'll be done with Sprint. All I wanted was enough time to go get a new carrier/phone, so I wasn't without a phone...as this is the only phone service I have.  

Verizon and apple are still in the works. Nothing is set in stone yet...and im not gonna sit around and wait on them. 4 days ago they were saying it wont be for another year until verizon has the iphone.

http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderdaily/2010/02/04/verizon-seeing-no-iphone-before-mid-2011-credit-suisse-downgrades/

http://www.huliq.com/3257/90913/no-verizon-iphone-announced-apple-ipad-press-conference-iphone-fans

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2010, 04:31:17 PM »

Just sayin'.

Ditto

Dear good sir, allow me to help you. Now lets use common sense here, if he planned on using his AT&T iPhone on Verizon, why would he wait till June when they are released for Verizon to switch? Anything clicking yet?

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2010, 05:00:57 PM »

Dear good sir, allow me to help you. Now lets use common sense here, if he planned on using his AT&T iPhone on Verizon, why would he wait till June when they are released for Verizon to switch? Anything clicking yet?

ZING!!1

I'm more interested in the HTC Supersonic for Sprint than I am AT&T's BS and iPhone

Ntrain2k

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2010, 05:19:13 PM »

Just sayin'.

Ditto

His bought an At&t iPhone and said he was not going to get a contract with At&t. He stated that he was going to wait until verizon has the iPhone. Since you cannot use an iPhone with at&t without a contract, the inference is that he is wanting to use it with verizon. Otherwise, why buy something you cannot use?
He can't switch it over to Verizon because they will not allow it until they offer it. The iPhone is currently EXCLUSIVE to At&t.

Anti Zing.

Lack of depth in reading a situation>you
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 06:05:05 PM by Ntrain2k »

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2010, 07:00:21 PM »

Just sayin'.

Ditto

His bought an At&t iPhone and said he was not going to get a contract with At&t. He stated that he was going to wait until verizon has the iPhone. Since you cannot use an iPhone with at&t without a contract, the inference is that he is wanting to use it with verizon. Otherwise, why buy something you cannot use?
He can't switch it over to Verizon because they will not allow it until they offer it. The iPhone is currently EXCLUSIVE to At&t.

Anti Zing.

ZING!!11

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2010, 07:02:16 PM »

ZING!!1

I'm more interested in the HTC Supersonic for Sprint than I am AT&T's BS and iPhone

THIS

Sprints 4G and android is teh Seksee

---GFI we build FAST---

junkyard racer

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2010, 07:22:24 PM »

Just sayin'.

Ditto

Anti Zing.

to add to that, from what I read
1) who the fuck knows when verizon is gonna get a iphone
2) apple is producing a new iphone for verizon to operate on there network

Ntrain2k

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2010, 09:03:00 PM »

Anti Zing.

to add to that, from what I read
1) who the fuck knows when verizon is gonna get a iphone
2) apple is producing a new iphone for verizon to operate on there network

Correct, it will be CDMA based so it is compatible with verizon's US based service.

junkyard racer

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2010, 10:41:37 PM »

and there is no word on when or even if its going to be released.  :?:

Ravage70

• Certified OG
  • The Hotrex foot. Stiletto ready!
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2010, 10:54:11 PM »

You idiots with your IPhones are getting on my nerves.
Biggest waste of money I have ever seen.
It's a fucking fad like short shorts, facegook and the mohawk.
 ::)

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2010, 01:16:19 AM »

htc supersonic for sprint

htc incredible for verizon

htc bravo for some other carrier...

Time to retire my G1 this year.

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2010, 03:14:10 AM »

Unfortunately with gay Verizon you have to have a data plan on any smart phone or blackberry even if you have no desire to use it. They use to just make all their phones without WiFi, but then they started to all come with WiFi....and the forced data plan. I think it's bs that I can't use whatever phone I want without being forced to pay for crap I don't need.

Just sayin'.

Ditto

Anti Zing.

I see your Ant Zing and raise you a Anal Zing

I dont think you will be able to use the AT&T iphone's with verizon's network, since AT&T is GSM and verizon is not, that sim card bullshit. I am planning on buying an iphone from verizon, i'm sure they will have excelent deals on the phone itself if you sign a contract. Unless AT&T magically gets better or Verizon's plans are more expensive.

Told you that's what he meant
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up