Fox chassis with 351-408
- 6 (14.3%)
CRX
- 15 (35.7%)
HHH
- 4 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions for next car  (Read 7465 times)

keelay

• Cheddar Bob
  • Certified OG
  • Function>Form
Suggestions for next car
« on: February 09, 2010, 08:39:16 AM »

Ok, I know none of you are going to like this, but I'm kind of a nissan guy. That being said, on to the point.

I've set aside 2500-3k from tax monies for another car. I currently have a Spec-V, and I really like the B15 chassis cars. Only thing I would change would be the failure solid rear axle. And I recently found a 2000 Sentra SE. It's the SR, with the performance package. All the PP really is is a different cluster, stiffer springs, and a limited slip, and a few other not important things. The only thing I really care for is the limited slip out of that package. But I found it in pretty good shape, for 2500. I need reliability first and foremost. But I would like to keep my options open. What else should I be looking at here?

Shit I'm thinking about

Finding a decent shape B13 already swapped, or cheap enough to have money left for turbo shit

Build a fox stang, with a 2.3 turbo, or 351w (have access to about 75% of the shit to complete the car, including the car, and the 2.3 shit and a 351 sitting in a engine bag)

Maybe a DSM (friend of mine has my old project first gen that he will sell me back for 600 bones)??

Early model Taurus SHO (hard to find in decent shape)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 08:43:08 AM by keelay »
The 2 fat bitches from the internet fucked me. Except for one, she didn'#039#039t.

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
Re: Suggestions for next car
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 09:34:13 AM »

Me, in your position, with that amount of $$$, I would get a 4banger mustang n/a, buy the $30 pistons from scummit, RHMT turbo setup, etc. 

V8 mustang stuff is $$$ initial price, and you'll break the bank before you get a cam installed.

DSM's are an exercise in masochism.  You will become an alcoholic, ruin your marrage, etc.

Taurus SHO have the same problem as the v8 stang. That and they are butt ass ugly and everyone already knows what they are, so sleeper factor isnt there.

blowoff valves are for pussies.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 09:54:40 AM »

Eh, the Ford V8 stuff isn't that bad.  If you've friends with Mustang guys and/or play the forums there are DEALS to be had.  A stock (football) rod cheap TRW forged piston 351W will eat 700 whp, and that's pretty nasty for a streetcar.  Hell, the more $$ mod motor stuff is super cheap in that power range... you can get $60 core 2V motors and source used pistons/rods for beans. 

Also, about DSMs.  Robb is an alcoholic, and if his marriage is ruined she's afraid to say anything or leave.

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 10:10:16 AM »

Also, about DSMs.  Robb is an alcoholic, and if his marriage is ruined she's afraid to say anything or leave.

I support her sex addiction...  It works out.

keelay

• Cheddar Bob
  • Certified OG
  • Function>Form
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 10:11:50 AM »

Eh, the Ford V8 stuff isn't that bad.  If you've friends with Mustang guys and/or play the forums there are DEALS to be had.  A stock (football) rod cheap TRW forged piston 351W will eat 700 whp, and that's pretty nasty for a streetcar.  Hell, the more $$ mod motor stuff is super cheap in that power range... you can get $60 core 2V motors and source used pistons/rods for beans. 

The last fox i built was a mild 351 and a shitty t5 in a 4 cyl chassis. With the open 7.5. From a 60 kick after peglegging for a while, it ran down a bolted c5 z06 and kept pulling until the ride got too fucking scary. That car met its match at an intersection with a blind f 250 driver.

I've heard alot of problem with the Taurus's moslty because of what they are, and their age.
 I've got a complete to be re assembled 351 in my garage. It has the football rods, but its all stock. I did the whole ford/stang thing before, and still hang out/cruise/meet with alot of the mustang guys. Just now I'm the butt of the jokes with my fucking 4 banger. But hell, a 14 flat all motor 4 door isn't bad just for bolt ons. By no means bragging rights, though.  For a 351, I'd have to at minimum get a gasket set, and motor mounts. I have a c4 and c6 at my disposal, but no v8 t5's. I have access to a plethora of 2.3 turbo parts, and an engine, the 4 cyl t5, a few turbo options (the small 48, a 63, and I can source a schwitzer s200 for about 150 bones). My ONLY issue holding me back on the stang is getting a title for it. I guess I could file for an abonded title while I'm doing the work.
The DSM, just because it was my old project, and I know exactly what it needs. 1g awd talon. Has a fresh top end that I did a year ago, and ran into wiring issues (previous owner had 3 redundant "security" measures, then died. I purchased it from his mother. The dude ACTUALLY killed himself in the car. Bullet, not driving. Still has a hole in the head rest. I picked that bitch up CHEAP). I got frustrated after all the work, and just sold it. All it needs is wiring (good friend builds and tunes MS systems) and a going over, and finding the driveshaft.
I like a B13 sentra, just because. Light as fuck, still kinda roomy, and easy as fuck to mod, with plenty of support.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 10:13:32 AM by keelay »
The 2 fat bitches from the internet fucked me. Except for one, she didn'#039#039t.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 12:45:58 PM »

Fox with turbo LS1 isn't availible, so I went fox+351. My friend's hmt setup does 11.7's in the quarter...with dry-rotted street tires and a bad diff. Jew 4" The DP exiting before the front wheel makes it better. I'd really want to do something like that before wasting 10k on a "street" FWD Honda racer.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 12:49:59 PM »

All it needs is wiring

Bullshit.  They always need something. You see that guy killed himself because the car drove him to suicide.  It was his only way out.

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 01:18:26 PM »

Fox body with a v8 and boost!
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

patsmx5

• Certified OG
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 01:20:40 PM »

FUck a nissan.

Turbo 351W fox
Quote: Originally Posted by Adam Hopkins
There is no such thing as too much boost. You could have too little rod, piston, or sleeve. But never too much boost.

keelay

• Cheddar Bob
  • Certified OG
  • Function>Form
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 01:26:27 PM »

Not a bad idea. I just admittedly suck with a carb. And the showstring budget prolly wont allow FI

patsmx5

• Certified OG
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 01:28:37 PM »

Then do a 351W fox for now, and collect cheap used parts as they come up for a while till you're ready to turbo it. I've never done a blow-through setup before, but they are well-covered and seemingly simple to setup and tune.
There is no such thing as too much boost. You could have too little rod, piston, or sleeve. But never too much boost.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2010, 03:21:04 PM »

Eh, the Ford V8 stuff isn't that bad.  If you've friends with Mustang guys and/or play the forums there are DEALS to be had.  A stock (football) rod cheap TRW forged piston 351W will eat 700 whp, and that's pretty nasty for a streetcar... 

Being that I am not a Ford guy, I am going to have to go with internet lore on this one, but don't those blocks give up the ghost at about 500whp? Or is that just internet hype?
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

crttaz

• Certified OG
  • Old Wise One
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2010, 03:23:36 PM »

5.0's split down the middle about 500 hp, 351W's are a bit stronger, but also have a taller deck.
OG before the OG'#039#039s

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
  • Go outside and play hide and go fuckyourself
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2010, 03:24:50 PM »

Just make sure to paint the dash blue  O0
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/joeymisanthropy/Misce/TURBOTHIS.jpg

H series 35 pounds... Will turn you out!
 ---GFI we build FAST---

VW-Vortex

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2010, 03:33:36 PM »

MKVI GTI!

colt45

• Mista Pimpsta
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2010, 03:36:39 PM »

keelay, it's really up to you...

however, i voted for windsor mustang.   drop a good hmt kit on it, and dont drive it in the rain

is it a project you can have torn down in the garage for a few months or is it a required daily?

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2010, 04:12:41 PM »

2.3 lima + holset + fox chassi sure sounds like a hell of a lot of fun to me.

EDIT:  SHOs are fun, but are also huge money pits.  Kind of like a DSM, the engine is great, but everything else around it is shit.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 04:16:34 PM by snm95ls »

patsmx5

• Certified OG
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2010, 04:22:30 PM »

EDIT:  SHOs are fun, but are also huge money pits.  Kind of like a DSM, the engine is great, but everything else around it is shit.

Yeah, but honestly... While a turbo 4 is fun and great and all, a turbo V8 is bound to be more fun.

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2010, 04:38:22 PM »

Yeah, but honestly... While a turbo 4 is fun and great and all, a turbo V8 is bound to be more fun.

Touche.

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2010, 05:42:02 PM »

CRX

/thread

Ntrain2k

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2010, 05:58:05 PM »

Turbo "Through The Carburator" Mustang LX - Qtr Mile

I know of one that has been in the 8's since then.

arsenio

• I have the word "CockHound" tattooed on my neck
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2010, 06:25:51 PM »

Pulsar.

I am currently banned for being a piece of shit.
Will you miss me?

glustic

• Certified OG
  • Jay is a fucking homo
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2010, 07:16:34 PM »

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.. nbspnbsp BIG FUCKING MISTAKE

-BUK

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2010, 08:09:12 PM »

sho motor twin turbod in a crx, rear/rear setup
malone labe

I think all cop cars need to have turbo. nbspnbsp Then they would understand the necessity of putting your foot down and how uncontrollable the urge is to fucking rail on that shit.

bryantaylor

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2010, 08:27:21 PM »

v8 fox.

take all of the FWD shit off the list.  but i still like SHO's  i have owned 2 so far and i have actually seen 600whp on a stock motor before.  replace the shitty diff with a quaife and you will have a bulletproof drivetrain.  but its still fail wheel drive.
90 miata - t3 and megasquirt
95 mark VIII
06 GSX-R 600
 i changed my sig as per Robb

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2010, 09:04:09 PM »

And the showstring budget prolly wont allow FI

THIS IS RHMT NIGGER. We *make* FI happen no matter the budget. Hell Tuner Toyz is nearing boostage and he just finished the bankrupcy thing. Switch to ramen noodles and keystone ice if you have to, FI > everything.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 09:05:48 PM by HiProfile »
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

dive_miguel

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2010, 09:41:30 PM »

And the showstring budget prolly wont allow FI

THIS IS RHMT NIGGER. We *make* FI happen no matter the budget. Hell Tuner Toyz is nearing boostage and he just finished the bankrupcy thing. Switch to ramen noodles and keystone ice if you have to, FI > everything.

Thats almost quotable...  Fucken A. 

Eggylshatch

• Certified OG
  • Pen15 Club President
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2010, 12:00:17 AM »

I think he meant Fuel Injection with that FI.  Turbo is a given.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2010, 12:20:45 AM »

For a 351, I'd have to at minimum get a gasket set, and motor mounts. I have a c4 and c6 at my disposal, but no v8 t5's.

Why would you want a shitty T5?  Why would you want a manual transmission Mustang, at all?  They feel like crap to drive, and never hook like an automagic.   Build the C6 with a reverse valvebody and stall and proceed to fall in love.

BTW, you suck at life and I want to stab you in the forehead with a pencil, but run an EEC-V ECU (CBAZA, CRAI8, CRAJ0 strategies recommended) and bring it to me for tuning.

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2010, 12:41:52 AM »

For a 351, I'd have to at minimum get a gasket set, and motor mounts. I have a c4 and c6 at my disposal, but no v8 t5's.

Why would you want a shitty T5?  Why would you want a manual transmission Mustang, at all?  They feel like crap to drive, and never hook like an automagic.   Build the C6 with a reverse valvebody and stall and proceed to fall in love.

BTW, you suck at life and I want to stab you in the forehead with a pencil, but run an EEC-V ECU (CBAZA, CRAI8, CRAJ0 strategies recommended) and bring it to me for tuning.

Why would you ever want anything automatic unless it's a truck? I know most v8's get run with auto's and they work very well drag racing. i just could never have a car with one.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up