:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ApexSilver06MR/Jason YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Doug's 99 GSR Failure  (Read 53795 times)

jagojon3

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
Re: Another Naturally Aspirated Failure
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2010, 12:19:47 PM »

Trapped where? How would I get it out? 

In the master cylinder. Try bench bleeding it, or it could need a rebuild.

Turkey soup pancakes sir

glustic

• Certified OG
  • Jay is a fucking homo
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2010, 01:45:27 PM »

This lady brought a grand prix to my buddies shop for brakes, turns out the RR brake line was pinched shut and had been for 80k miles. She took it to a shop before and they didn't notice it. Bottom line is, older cars can be a huge hassle.
fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.. nbspnbsp BIG FUCKING MISTAKE

-BUK

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2010, 01:53:27 PM »

Did you follow the correct bleed order?

IIRC it is RR, LF, LR, RF for those cars.

Dunno.  Every Honduh I has been a little bit of a bitch.

Yes per Helms the order on the 98-01 Integra with or without ABS is FL, FR, RR, RL

That is a strange order, I have always been taught to start the furthest from the master and work to the closest.
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2010, 02:13:46 PM »

Yes per Helms the order on the 98-01 Integra with or without ABS is FL, FR, RR, RL

That is a strange order, I have always been taught to start the furthest from the master and work to the closest.

Don't question Honda service literature.  Honda built the K-series.  It's everyone else who is doing it wrong.

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2010, 03:09:03 PM »

Yeah that's what I thought too. It's that way on the pre 98 tegs, but after it goes to the odd order.

Trapped where? How would I get it out? 

In the master cylinder. Try bench bleeding it, or it could need a rebuild.

Damn it I don't even want to mess with bench bleeding it. I don't have any spare brake lines or fittings to loop into the reservoir; any RHMT solutions?

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2010, 03:40:02 PM »

Could you not just plug off the ports with something and then prime the piston? I don't see the reasoning behind having to have tubes hooked up to the ports.

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2010, 11:19:32 PM »

I just use my fingers to block off the ports when in a pinch.  It makes a hell of a mess, but sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do.

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2010, 12:49:16 AM »

Tonight I decided to pull out the gauge cluster to get rid of the white face gauges and the "chrome" trim. The switch wires, for the reverse glow gauges, were ran under the dash so I dropped the panel to find this.

It's a neon tube which I traced the wires going behind the radio and up under the carpet. I decided to take the console out to have access to the wires to go ahead and remove them. As I pulled the console off I find this:

The controllers to the neon's which are controlled by a switch that is tapped into the console. There is another neon under the dash on the passenger side and one under each seat. So needless to say they will be removed. It got to dark to continue so more on that later.

The gauges were pulled and the "chrome" bezel was held on with this tar like substance. It was an udder nightmare to get it off. I stood at the sink for no telling how long wet sanding it. Then rubbed it forever with fingernail polish remover till I finally got it all off.

Needless to say afterwords the plastic surround was scratched up so I decided to redo it. Went with a gunmetal metallic.

I don't have a picture of just the gauge by itself. But you can see it here.

After:

glustic

• Certified OG
  • Jay is a fucking homo
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2010, 12:54:20 AM »

Wow, there's nothing worse than finding rice shit in hidden places, not to mention the wiring mess they leave behind. Fucking assholes
fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.. nbspnbsp BIG FUCKING MISTAKE

-BUK

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2010, 01:06:45 AM »

Wow, there's nothing worse than finding rice shit in hidden places, not to mention the wiring mess they leave behind. Fucking assholes

Yeah I usually hate when people do wiring on cars as they half ass it. Looks like they semi did it right for what they did though. They ran it to an independent power source (didn't tap into any car wiring). Also I was MU FUKIN THRILLED to see that they used a radio adapter harness. 99% of the cars I get/see some idiot has hacked off the harness. Car came with an Alpine CD player in it if anyone is interested. Might through it up for sale soon, either that or my other CD player.

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2010, 01:09:46 AM »

Oh and yes those are real ITR floor mats. They will be getting cleaned and sold on Honda-Tak or eGay

glustic

• Certified OG
  • Jay is a fucking homo
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2010, 01:12:50 AM »

honda tek faggots will be all over that shit and for top $$$

-BUK

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2010, 11:30:36 AM »

Yeah I usually hate when people do wiring on cars as they half ass it. Looks like they semi did it right for what they did though. They ran it to an independent power source (didn't tap into any car wiring). Also I was MU FUKIN THRILLED to see that they used a radio adapter harness. 99% of the cars I get/see some idiot has hacked off the harness. Car came with an Alpine CD player in it if anyone is interested. Might through it up for sale soon, either that or my other CD player.

Bricks were shat when I pulled my dash out and saw the clusterfuck behind my radio.  I will keep what's in there for as long as possible so I don't have to mess with it.  Fortunately, is the only non-OEM bullshit in my car when I bought it.

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2010, 02:57:49 PM »

So uh, I guess I don't have a set of tail lights on the way. I get a message today asking if I want the right or left tail light. I respond saying both seeing as the ad says tail lights as in plural and shows a picture of both lights. No where does it say it's for one light, idiots.

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2010, 09:29:45 PM »

Cleared out the useless wiring and items out today. Ended up with a nice pile:

Apparently I have an alarm also. Kept it in for now as I found two remotes, but both were dead. Maybe it will actually work once I get the batteries.

j.h.christ

• Certified OG
  • Compl3x is a giant faggot
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2010, 10:38:49 PM »

:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8090/lolcart.gif
"quotquotI spent most of my money on booze and women. The rest I just wasted."quotquot

glustic

• Certified OG
  • Jay is a fucking homo
« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2010, 11:29:46 PM »

Same rice pedals I have. I need to do some spring cleaning on my wire mess aswell

-BUK

Teg2boo

• Certified OG
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2010, 11:34:03 PM »

Same rice pedals I have. I need to do some spring cleaning on my wire mess aswell

I had the same too. Every time I need to emergency brake, I was hitting brake and gas pedal at the same time.

damn you guys too? its a fucking forum not a court room!
 Its not a forum its a gang.  

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #78 on: March 09, 2010, 12:14:20 PM »

I had the same too. Every time I need to emergency brake, I was hitting brake and gas pedal at the same time.

Yeah they suck nuts if your feet are the slightest bit wet. Hard to press the clutch in without your foot sliding off.

glustic

• Certified OG
  • Jay is a fucking homo
« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2010, 04:33:15 PM »

Yeah they suck nuts if your feet are the slightest bit wet. Hard to press the clutch in without your foot sliding off.

The worst is getting your feet under pedals and the bolt gets caught in your show laces.

-BUK

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2010, 04:44:24 PM »

The worst is getting your feet under pedals and the bolt gets caught in your show laces.

Lmao, yeah I think I'll try and avoid that. I don't have a DBW to blame

glustic

• Certified OG
  • Jay is a fucking homo
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2010, 04:54:14 PM »

used to happen to me all the time getting out of the car. almost fell out of the car once or twice

Well quit being in a hurry to chow down on those free hot pockets

-BUK

glustic

• Certified OG
  • Jay is a fucking homo
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2010, 06:07:53 PM »

used to happen to me all the time getting out of the car. almost fell out of the car once or twice

Well quit being in a hurry to chow down on those free hot pockets
free hotpockets? shit i need to move to utah

At least you have an ocean. But other than that fuck california and there nazi laws. Just go into costco and get the free samples

-BUK

chris

« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2010, 08:12:09 AM »

Thats enough wiring for a tall can at the scrap yard.

j.h.christ

• Certified OG
  • Compl3x is a giant faggot
« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2010, 08:15:33 AM »

Thats enough wiring for a tall can at the scrap yard.

you have quite a reputation to uphold at the dyno day dude. if i see you with but malt liquor and cheap mexican food in your hands, i will be sadly disappointed.
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8090/lolcart.gif
"quotquotI spent most of my money on booze and women. The rest I just wasted."quotquot

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
  • Go outside and play hide and go fuckyourself
« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2010, 01:30:56 PM »

Chris I know JUST the mexican shithole... Trust this.
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/joeymisanthropy/Misce/TURBOTHIS.jpg

H series 35 pounds... Will turn you out!
 ---GFI we build FAST---

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2010, 07:44:25 PM »

Found someone interested in trading his 99-00 Si rims for the 17"s. Decided to repaint them to make them look more enticing. I think it came out decent. Whoever painted them before did a shitty job, but some nice amount of time sanding fixed that up. One down, three to go.

Before

Sanding it down flat

Masked up, another use for dem free flat rate boxes

Painted

Before and after

bigwig

« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2010, 08:46:52 PM »

17 year olds are going to be SUPER IMPRESSED!

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2010, 09:09:15 PM »

They look better but still won't cry to see them gone.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2010, 09:57:33 PM »

A local guy just painted some rims and they immediately got fucked up.  Any tips/tricks to pass along?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up