:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Throttle Body boring jig (lathe)  (Read 5710 times)

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
Throttle Body boring jig (lathe)
« on: June 27, 2014, 04:25:36 PM »

This started almost a decade ago when I worked at a machine & engineering shop. I made a jig to hold the TB in their big lathes, but I had nothing big enough after I quit. I never refined it to the stage to make the plate properly until recently.

I made a new jig for my little lathe to hold a Honda throttle body (D/B/H and K). It allows me to center the TB, thin the brass sheet I use for the throttle plate, and even cuts the throttle plate with a bevel on the ends. I first used it to make the tb-manifold adapter plate for my K20A PRB manifold to seal a B-series throttle body perfectly. After that I made my first 64.39mm throttle body plate.

The center cylinder is removable when I bore the throttle body. When I cut the TB plate, I test the fit by slipping the bored TB over it. If it's too tight, I shave the plate another thousandth.

This TB was bored years ago with a crappy bit at the machine shop, but the plate was cut on my new jig. Future TB bores will be much smoother.

Here's the bevel, which is about a 6.5 degree cut. Stock is about 8-9 degrees, but the larger bore at that angle would put the plate past the first EVAP hole (bottom nipple in above pic). The gap around the plate is less than a human hair, and there is no sticking since the edge of the plate sits flat against the inside bore.

FYI I don't plan on boring TB's for anyone else, it's not worth the time. Maxbore's service or 68-70mm Omni TB will be a better deal for most people anyways. I made this primarily since I needed to make a thin TB spacer.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 05:47:21 AM by HiProfile »
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
Re: Throttle Body boring jig
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 08:21:17 AM »

All that and then I see the bad news at the end. I was really hoping to ship some TB's to you. lol
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
Re: Throttle Body boring jig
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 10:25:07 AM »

If it works out well, I might reconsider. I just have too many things to do first, sorry.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

jdmhatchracer94

• I have a nova that will never run!!
  • Certified OG
  • Official RHMT Nigglet!
Re: Throttle Body boring jig (lathe)
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 09:36:39 PM »

What if I sent you a tb just to taper like chris m used to.
4 door eg nbspnbsp 13.2@118 someone needs to run slicks
338hp 293tq

Good enough to fuck your mother
Pages: [1]   Go Up