:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got video of your car doing rippers or dirty 2/3rds? post them up! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help Jimmy riggin a torch setup onto my welder.  (Read 13397 times)

carkrazed

Help Jimmy riggin a torch setup onto my welder.
« on: March 21, 2009, 02:42:05 AM »

I need a little help trying to setup a tig on my welder.

I got this here snap on mig.
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=&tool=all&item_ID=12617&group_ID=1736&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

Being gay like snap on is, they want 595.00 for the tig torch which doesnt even have a flexible torch head, or amperage control.

Then, to amplify the gayness, they want another 390.00 for the foot petal for amperage control.

So i was brousing ebay and saw this.
http://cgi.ebay.com/WELDCRAFT-LEGACY-LS1712R-12-TIG-TORCH-W-14-PIN-REMOTE_W0QQitemZ390036875889QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBI_Welders?hash=item390036875889&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A16%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Am I correct in thinking that I could put the right connector for the amperage control, and the right fitting for the power lead, and this would work?

They also make one with a gas flow knob, am I correct in thinking that I wouldn't need this because gas would start to flow through the lead as soon as I strike an arc, correct?

Thanks for any help. I really dont want to drop a grand on a tig setup  :P

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
Re: Help Jimmy riggin a torch setup onto my welder.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 02:49:05 AM »

didnt know you could do a tig on a mig machine, its has to be cv for tig, mig is always cc.

if somehow your mig is cv, or has a cv setting then you could use one of these
http://www.az-zbum.com/welder.upgrade.shtml
its the power block, just clamp it to the terminal and connect the gas line, you will need a torch with a gas valve on the handle.

dont really need a foot pedal as you wont have high freq start and it is easier to weld without one. just set it to 60 amps and go up from there.

also
cv=constant voltage (tig,mma)
cc=constant current (mig)
malone labe

I think all cop cars need to have turbo. nbspnbsp Then they would understand the necessity of putting your foot down and how uncontrollable the urge is to fucking rail on that shit.

CSaddict

• Certified OG
Re: Help Jimmy riggin a torch setup onto my welder.
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 06:56:06 AM »

We have that MIG at the shop and it does TIG. Poorly but it does. Its lift start so right there you are behind the 8 ball.
Your fat ass is just going to drive around in your pile of shit car that is marketed towards 40 yr old recently divorced women trying to be hot shit.

CSaddict

• Certified OG
Your fat ass is just going to drive around in your pile of shit car that is marketed towards 40 yr old recently divorced women trying to be hot shit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up