:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Daspoop/Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Linux dorks needed. Setup is a fucken joke.  (Read 6500 times)

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
Re: Linux dorks needed. Setup is a fucken joke.
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2010, 11:39:28 AM »

This thread makes me LOL.

Stevemode asks for linux help, and everyone jumps in just to say how much they love linux, and completely ignore the questions at hand. Bunch of  Jew

I am going to join the ranks of Jew as I have no idea how to fix his issues.

He was ask which distro he is running and never posted up, the fix will be a bit different depending this.
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2010, 01:19:48 PM »

Yes, telling what video card and version he's using would be a good start O0

For the Firefox issue, install Chrome instead

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2010, 02:32:18 PM »

Yes, telling what video card and version he's using would be a good start O0

For the Firefox issue, install Chrome instead

Correction for the Chrome issue you will experience install Opera and thank me later. ;D

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2010, 02:37:19 PM »

What Chrome issue?  You must be thinking of Suckfari.

keelay

• Cheddar Bob
  • Certified OG
  • Function>Form
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2010, 04:01:01 PM »

The biggest pain in the ass issue I've came across (which is peanuts by comparison to some of the issues with other os's) is how NO browser operates correctly with photobucket. You have about a 50% chance of uploading there, and if you try to watch a photobucket hosted video, the browser WILL crash. I can verify this with Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Konqueror (Kubuntu), and a few others I can't recall ATM.
   10.04 MAY have corrected that, but I now it's been an issue with 9.04, and 9.10 (Jaunty, and Karmic).

Jorsher, do you know of a fix for this issue? I've done ALOT of searching, but all I can come up with is "oh well, it's an issue, deal with it".
The 2 fat bitches from the internet fucked me. Except for one, she didn'#039#039t.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2010, 04:11:08 PM »

What Chrome issue?  You must be thinking of Suckfari.

The issue he will have with Chrome while using Linux, because he already can not figure out Linux.

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2010, 09:36:35 PM »

To both of you, I don't use a browser on Linux.  It's dedicated for torrenting, mailserving, and webserving.  I don't ever leave the command line.

Kain or one of the others can probably throw something in.  Photobucket works fine on Chrome and FF...in Windows.  Dunno about Linux.

I wish uTorrent will hurry up and be ported to Linux...  rtorrent + rutorrent webui is nice, but uTorrent is still better.  Hopefully will handle multiple user accounts well....

keelay

• Cheddar Bob
  • Certified OG
  • Function>Form
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2010, 11:28:19 PM »

What's wrong with transmission?
The 2 fat bitches from the internet fucked me. Except for one, she didn'#039#039t.

Kain

• Certified OG
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2010, 11:29:52 PM »

To both of you, I don't use a browser on Linux.  It's dedicated for torrenting, mailserving, and webserving.  I don't ever leave the command line.

Kain or one of the others can probably throw something in.  Photobucket works fine on Chrome and FF...in Windows.  Dunno about Linux.

I wish uTorrent will hurry up and be ported to Linux...  rtorrent + rutorrent webui is nice, but uTorrent is still better.  Hopefully will handle multiple user accounts well....

the majority of the problem is that people are assuming ubuntu is a real linux distro.

its about as real as a sundial used as a watch. its implemented in such a haphazard way that its just dumb.

stop trying to watch videos in Linux god dammit.

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2010, 11:33:47 PM »

What's wrong with transmission?

Nothing, really.  I think there's a CLI for it, but I have never used it and have only used it through the GUI.  I don't like having to remote desktop to look at it and don't feel like learning how to use it through CLI (if it's possible).

I did have some problems with it in the past not reporting properly to trackers, but basically I just prefer rtorrent because it's simple and uses very little resources.  The server is just a weak dual core with only 2gb of ram, so serving webpages while allowing multiple people to upload their torrents with it can slow it down.

I haven't found a torrent client yet that I like more than uTorrent.  It's very small, very good on resources, and has all the features you could ever want in a nice layout.  You can run uTorrent on Linux through Wine, but I don't feel like messing with it.

uTorrent has the best webui bar none.

60dgrzbelow0

« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2010, 12:26:55 PM »

FWIW...   http://fedoraproject.org/

Pick up an inexpensive SATA drive from CompUSA and do a fresh, "live" install Fedora 12 (possibly 13 now...you can download either 32 bit or 64 bit "live" ISO and burn a cd or dvd to get it on your machine)) and make sure you have your latest Linux video drivers specific to either ATI or nVidia that have either been approved by AMD-ATI ... or nVidia. Install Compiz for the three-dee desktop utility first and THEN add in your additional monitor(s). Arguably ...UBUNTU has the best flavor of Linux for laptop installations... but for simplicity and ease of installation... I have had nothing but great experiences with Fedora Core and all the brethren that followed... The main problem with video set ups is that all the major video card makers are sucking on the M$ tit and have been late in coming up with the proper APIs and support drivers for the Linux Kernel(s). If you want to get more out of your 64 bit box... give this idea a try....
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 12:45:46 PM by 60dgrzbelow0 »

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2010, 01:18:33 PM »

Sucking Microsoft's tit or focusing their effort on the OS that 90-95% of the world uses?

The people buying ATI and nVidia's top cards are playing games.  People that play games are most likely using Windows.

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2010, 02:17:58 PM »

The biggest pain in the ass issue I've came across (which is peanuts by comparison to some of the issues with other os's) is how NO browser operates correctly with photobucket. You have about a 50% chance of uploading there, and if you try to watch a photobucket hosted video, the browser WILL crash. I can verify this with Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Konqueror (Kubuntu), and a few others I can't recall ATM.
   10.04 MAY have corrected that, but I now it's been an issue with 9.04, and 9.10 (Jaunty, and Karmic).

Jorsher, do you know of a fix for this issue? I've done ALOT of searching, but all I can come up with is "oh well, it's an issue, deal with it".

I can upload with out issues, but 50% of the time it will still crash the browser.

Running 10.04
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

Kain

• Certified OG
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2010, 05:43:56 PM »

Sucking Microsoft's tit or focusing their effort on the OS that 90-95% of the world uses?

The people buying ATI and nVidia's top cards are playing games.  People that play games are most likely using Windows.

actually, nvidia programs linux drivers first.

n2o_2k

« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2010, 06:49:43 PM »

is the browser to blame or adobe flash integration within the browser ?? I honestly don't have a problem watching videos on linux ( fedora 12, gentoo ). I don't use photobucket, but I just tried a couple of videos in there to see what was going to happen and it seems to have work fine for me.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up