:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

GET YOUR OFFICIAL REALHOMEMADETURBO.COM STICKERS! (link)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW BOX  (Read 8107 times)

88dx

• Certified OG
NEW BOX
« on: July 01, 2010, 11:30:08 AM »

So about a month late I finally got my new box from Matco, As soon as I move back to WA i plan to fill this fucker with ice and tall cans  :noel:

« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 11:36:15 AM by 88dx »

DRQPQUT

• Certified OG
Re: NEW BOX
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 11:30:54 AM »

fail all i get is red Xs

88dx

• Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 11:38:55 AM »

fail all i get is red Xs
should be fixed, this damm interaweb in alaska is slowwwwwww as fuck  :'(

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 11:55:54 AM »

I wish I had a fancy tool box.

88dx

• Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 12:10:53 PM »

Its so nice to have good tools/box, but i have spent a lot of $$$ on tools over the years. I got a pretty good deal on this box it was about $1700 shipped  :yes:

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 12:11:55 PM »

Its so nice to have good tools/box, but i have spent a lot of $$$ on tools over the years. I got a pretty good deal on this box it was about $1700 shipped  :yes:

Fuck, that's almost what I spent on my CRX...

Does it come with a free fleshlight?

GPS navigation?

Stripper pole?

88dx

• Certified OG
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 12:21:07 PM »

I sure hope it dose, I haven actually see the box other then these pics since it took so long to ship it.

highroller54

• I caught the fable Novacorn
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Spreading the rhmt word like PB&J
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 12:30:40 PM »

I could put a few of those boxs in mine, its cute though  :P
Xenocron is a piece of shit.

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/turbo1.gif

88dx

• Certified OG
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 12:37:40 PM »

I call BS ur wifey always tells me mines way bigger  :P

highroller54

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 12:42:45 PM »

I call BS ur wifey always tells me mines way bigger  :P

What that you have a biger box them my wife? Weird  :-\

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/turbo1.gif

88dx

• Certified OG
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 12:45:15 PM »

U didnt know that  ???

highroller54

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2010, 01:53:52 PM »

Donna has always told me mine was much bigger so who here is lying?

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
  • Go outside and play hide and go fuckyourself
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2010, 02:16:07 PM »

Ima bend yer momz over it and give you brother
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/joeymisanthropy/Misce/TURBOTHIS.jpg

H series 35 pounds... Will turn you out!
 ---GFI we build FAST---

BoostedSchemes

• Certified OG
  • ☂BloodRaincoat☂
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2010, 02:36:30 PM »

i want to know why a box costs 1700$ ... can you tell me about the features, practical improvements, etc? having never been a mechanic I do not know the value of a good box over a typical 300$ craftsman piece and would like to be enlightened.
All posts before 8am and after 3pm are produced under the influence of alcohol.

Major Loser, please tell me how to be smart and interesting like you~

2slow

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2010, 02:52:34 PM »

A few years ago when i was still a technician i wroked with a guy that had a matcobox custom made for him i dont remember exactly what it costed him but i know it was well over $10k he used his current matco box as a partial trade and got 7k for the one he was using already. I have a $300 craftsman that is filled to the top and wont fit all my tools and i dont plan on ever buying something bigger

ifly87

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2010, 02:56:27 PM »

I bought my snap-on box when I was in school, it was around $1,000 at 50% off I am an airplane mechanic. The quality on those boxes from companies like snap-on, mac, matco compared to craftsman is like night and day. They are built very sturdy, the drawers slide like they are riding on warm butter even when stuffed with 50lbs of tools. I personally push my box around alot probably 100yards a day and the metal is nice and thick and the welds are nice quality where a craftsman cracks at the spot welds and what not. I work with guys that have $10,000 tool boxes, when you are using it every single day for you're job it really is worth it to have a nice quality box/tools. Those tool companies rape the fuck out of people though, the prices on tools is so crazy.
Sorry dirtyturbopantyripper, you are banned from using this forum!
You are banned! K Series >gtgt D Series

Lol...Fags

highroller54

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2010, 03:53:35 PM »

my roll cab, top box, stainless work top and locker is $29,000. Thats just my box, no tools. I want to get a riser and one more locker but its already so fucking big if I ever left work I dont even know what I would do with it  :?:

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2010, 06:08:16 PM »

my roll cab, top box, stainless work top and locker is $29,000. Thats just my box, no tools. I want to get a riser and one more locker but its already so fucking big if I ever left work I dont even know what I would do with it  :?:

Holy shit. I though my box was expensive LOL :?:

SDRAWKCAB

• D series BALLA!
  • Certified OG
  • Rhino
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2010, 12:53:10 AM »

Car tools in a bag that I gots for free

rest of the tool sit in m a crastman box I hit at a yard sail for 5 bones

fuck yor over price rooling poop
I have sex like a winning race car.
I always finish first and have left many disappointed.

88dx

• Certified OG
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2010, 12:55:19 AM »

haha if u guys had to use tools all day everyday ud understand why we spend the money we do on tools  ;)

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2010, 12:58:58 AM »

i want to know why a box costs 1700$ ... can you tell me about the features, practical improvements, etc? having never been a mechanic I do not know the value of a good box over a typical 300$ craftsman piece and would like to be enlightened.

1700 is super cheap for a good box.

Load up a drawer with 200+ pounds of tools, open and close said drawer 50 times a day, then tell me how a Craftsamn box holds up.  They cost a fuck load because they are built to take a beating for many many years.  Granted, you can get by just fine with a much lesser box.

I paid 5K for my Snap-ON KRL top and bottom used.  I'd rather have a newer KRL 1000 or even a new EPIQ series roll cab to have a work surface, but there is no point since I am trying to get away from turning wrenches for a living.

Mreh.

LS1pwNzJ00

• FagoJon is queer bait
  • Certified OG
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2010, 02:19:09 AM »

I understand the need for a good box, but it doesnt have to cost that much, a box is a box is a box, it wont make you a better mechanic, just like an expensive fishing pole wont make you a better fisher.  They are just tools that do not have a much higher return when comparing a lesser priced one to a more expensive one.  Take alcohol for example, a $40 bottle will be up to twice as good tasting as a $20 bottle, but they both do the same thing, get you drunk.

Mreh.
http://<ltltimg src="quotquothttp://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l3b3icaMwV1qzy9ouo1_500.jpg"quotquot nbspnbsp width="quotquot200"quotquot height="quotquot400"quotquot>gtgt

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2010, 02:33:38 AM »

I understand the need for a good box, but it doesnt have to cost that much, a box is a box is a box, it wont make you a better mechanic, just like an expensive fishing pole wont make you a better fisher.  They are just tools that do not have a much higher return when comparing a lesser priced one to a more expensive one.  Take alcohol for example, a $40 bottle will be up to twice as good tasting as a $20 bottle, but they both do the same thing, get you drunk.

Mreh.

You are correct.  The tool truck boxes come with tool truck tax.

:D

There are other good ones out there, but comparing a standard baller bearing drawer Craftsman to MAC, Matco, or Snap On box is ridiculous.  I started out with a baller bearing Craftsman box, and it did it's job, but I needed more room, and the weight capacity of the truck boxes is ridiculous.  I dunno how much my socket drawer weights, but the full width drawer on the S-O box handles it like a champ, all while not wanting to tip over.  Hell my socket collection pales in comparison to a lot of techs.

I am not saying that it is rational to spend thousands on a tool box, but neither is spending thousands of dollars on a car just to make it go faster or perform better.

narfdanarf

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2010, 02:38:58 AM »

I've really been thinking lately of ordering a 72" krl.

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2010, 02:40:26 AM »

I've really been thinking lately of ordering a 72" krl.

Just bolt together several HF boxes, and save yourself thousands of dollars.

:P

d112crzy

• Certified OG
  • white power
    • CrzyTuning
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2010, 03:23:28 AM »

Fuck, and here I thought I was baller with my $600 Matco box.
www.crzytuning.com

Nobody comes into my house and shits all over it.  

boosted wagon

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2010, 05:18:45 AM »

I worked in a shop as a mechanic and I had a Craftsman box because I don't believe in spending money to work.I have a Snap on box at home but i would never at work unless the company paid for it.I get upset at spending $5 on lunch to go to work.Don't be silly a real man doesn't need 30G in tools to fix a jalopy of shit anyways. It isn't your car flat rate that beast out the door.

2slow

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2010, 06:43:11 AM »

If you dont like paying for lunch then bring a lunch you bozo. I understand why the boxes are so expensive but what the fuck is up with $40+  sockets? I was on the matco truck one day when i could not find my 17mm short socket and the guy wanted $40 for one. I went to hf the next day and got a bunch of shit for ~$30. Also i dont feel bad when i have to "modify" hf $1 wrenches to do a job

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2010, 07:03:18 AM »

If you dont like paying for lunch then bring a lunch you bozo. I understand why the boxes are so expensive but what the fuck is up with $40+  sockets? I was on the matco truck one day when i could not find my 17mm short socket and the guy wanted $40 for one. I went to hf the next day and got a bunch of shit for ~$30. Also i dont feel bad when i have to "modify" hf $1 wrenches to do a job

Yeah untill you snap sockets everyday. I have broken more shit sockets trying to get things loose. I have only broken a snap on wrench that one could argue i was being abusive with. never broken a socket yet.

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2010, 09:53:44 AM »

I've only worked on Hondas, which may be the reason for this, but I've only snapped sockets trying to remove the crank pulley bolt...  Quarter mile away to the auto-parts store, bought some cheap impact sockets, no snapped ones since...

It'd be nice to have a baller box, but I don't need to use tools often enough to justify it.

$29k?  Goddamn.  Did not even know there were boxes that pricey...  That would buy me at least 14 CRXes.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up