:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Jay & Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Turboaccord: rough idle and #2 cyl half miss  (Read 2461 times)

accordepicenter

The Turboaccord: rough idle and #2 cyl half miss
« on: September 20, 2010, 06:53:43 PM »

The car is up and running but im trying to fix small issues before i hit the dyno soon.  I have pretty good spark (internal coil 90-91 accord distributor, obd1) good compression (170-180psi across the board, 9.3:1 comp) and pte 880cc injectors all driven by a chipped p06.  Im just on a basemap, and the engine starts and runs ok, comes up to temp but the idle is rough and esp cyl number 2 misses alot.  I have a 255lph intank walbro. I checked the plugs and number 2 is a little darker than the rest too but not fouled

Car:1988 Accord LXi
built motor stock compression a20 engine:
Diamond pistons, eagle rods
si industries valves springs retainers
Top mount turbo mani with SC6152S turbo and 38mm tial gate
1g dsm bov, 2.5" Charge piping
3" downpipe to e cutout and y pipe to stock exhaust
Civic triple core half rad
AEBS Typhoon intake mani
ITR TB
methanol injection
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 04:10:38 PM by accordepicenter »

DSharp

Re: The Turboaccord: rough idle and #2 cyl half miss
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 12:04:06 AM »

what do you mean DARKER?  Got pics?
No escape from the mass mind rape

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 01:00:52 AM »

check to see if the plug wires on 2 and 3 are not switched, happened to me before.
malone labe

I think all cop cars need to have turbo. nbspnbsp Then they would understand the necessity of putting your foot down and how uncontrollable the urge is to fucking rail on that shit.

accordepicenter

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 08:20:51 PM »

I made sure the firing order was correct.  I think I just need to get the tune straightened out.  I got my trans leak fixed and my oil pressure problem was a defective oil pressure gauge.  I couldnt get over 50psi oil pressure so i was like WTF.  I have a shimmed relief valve too, so i changed the oil, oil filter, oil pump and then i checked the gauge for the hell of it and some internal parts on the gauge were all jacked up.  I put it back together to verify it was just the gauge parts messed up, and I got almost 90psi cold idle :).  Im hoping to get it on the dyno in a month or 2 though.

SQ is the SQUAD

• Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 11:01:46 PM »

post up some pics, havent seen the car in a while

I haven'#39#39t been back on HMT since this all happened, well I went on for about 5 mins yesterday to grab some pics out of the jailbait thread. Got that done, and now I won'#39#39t be going back.

5thgenlx

• Certified OG
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 12:41:41 AM »

holy shit it's still alive, awesome.

accordepicenter

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010, 04:05:58 PM »

Ask and you shall recieve.   I was tracking down oil pressure problems and found out that my oil pump was bad (read to 55 ish psi and thats it) now with the new gauge i can see my oil pressure is like 85psi hot during a rev.  I was driving the car around today and suddenly the engine stumbled and died, and smelled gas so I immediatley pulled over.  The whole fuel rail popped right off the intake mani!  Gas sprayed eveywhere.  It looks like the fuel rail bolts actually pulled right out of the intake manifold.  Its not really that surprising considering ive had to basically helicoil every thread on the mani itself, like the TB bolts etc... Never mind the battery not bolted down, I built a mount for it, now its secure.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 04:09:58 PM by accordepicenter »
Pages: [1]   Go Up