:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Daspoop/Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: '96 - 01' CR-V ruff road / off road ability  (Read 17416 times)

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
Re: '96 - 01' CR-V ruff road / off road ability
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2011, 04:27:44 PM »

1) Fabtec is gay and over priced.
2) Does anyone other then dick cepec even make a 36?
3) 5" is overkill, my buddy Ron just went 1200hp on fuel only on a 4" system

My recommendations:
-Get a leveling kit (under $100, or crank the torsion bars a bit [free]) and some 35's, might have to do a very minor trim near the bumper.

-Leave the exhaust alone other then dpf / cat deletes.
-Good lift pump (Fass, or Air dog)
-EFI live with a mild fuel economy tune, and dpf shit shut off. Yeah you can make 500 hp with a stock truck, but the transmission will be short for this world.

OR

Listen to Chad, and get something with a solid axle.

There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

Urban Indian

• Snow Mexican
  • Certified OG
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2011, 08:37:08 PM »

Realistically what I would do. (after threadjack)

Leveling kit
DPF delete
Efi Live w/mild tune
maybe do 35's in the spring if I really cared

didn't think about lift pump but would be a good upgrade
Its going to be my daily truck and I'm not too concerned about rolling coal
The clock doesn'#039#039t own me

Topless chick + dominos pizza + 750hp civic = epic win

highroller54

• I caught the fable Novacorn
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Spreading the rhmt word like PB&J
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2011, 08:52:42 PM »

leveling kits on a chevys are the biggest piece of shit money can buy, they take a weak ass car sized ball joint and put all the stress on the side of it and make it way weaker. I should have took the pic of the new "one ton" chevy on the lot with the lower control arm sitting on top of the knuckle/tire/rim. Still on warranty, ripped the upper and lower ball joints and axle right off. Fucks up how the suspension cycles and ride quality also. You are better with a 4" lift with spindles then a leveling kit. Stock height, 4" lift or get a fucking strait axle.
Xenocron is a piece of shit.

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/turbo1.gif

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2011, 10:46:34 PM »

I'm not going to lie, there is a large part of me that will strongly consider the 2013 110th Anniversary Harley Davidson F-350. Surrounded by $70K trucks all day, takes its toll. For now I will continue to try and be smart and put away profits for real estate, and see if I can pick up a CRV for a decent price.
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

Urban Indian

• Snow Mexican
  • Certified OG
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2011, 12:34:37 AM »

This would look just fine. I have the same truck except in grey and still stock.

[img width=800
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 12:52:05 AM by Urban Indian »
The clock doesn'#039#039t own me

Topless chick + dominos pizza + 750hp civic = epic win

robus

« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2011, 03:17:20 AM »

Please note: This came from the home of a cigar smoker who had dogs. If you have any allergies, please don'#39#39t bid

imburne

• Certified OG
    • TurboByHOLSET
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2011, 04:49:41 AM »

I have a 2000 automatic crv and its fucking excellent. MPG is about 23 street/hwy combo.
If I was into off road I would definitely look into the 4wd option, although I have no clue if it could handle any abuse.
So basically in stock form I love the shit out of it.

Phate

« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2011, 06:10:49 AM »

So let me guess:
12" Full throttle lift
22" Rock stars
40's
HID's
Lope tune
Rollin Coal

Stackz

I couldn't really believe it when someone showed me a video of a truck with a lope tune on it, and then explained what it was.  Fucking dumbest thing ever, its on par with those fake turbo noise makers that go in the mufflers.  I swear diesel truck guys are the new ricers.

I love diesels (at least in theory, have never owned one), and even think rolling coal could be fun for the first dozen or so times you do it to a prius (sort of like how open header is cool for about a day or two), but some of the shit people do is just stupid.

I've got another rant all about how great it would be to be able to purchase a small diesel truck or SUV, and how small diesels could make crossovers not suck at all, but apparently if you want a diesel in the US, you either need to get a jetta, or get a huge truck that can tow a building.
It never ceases to confuse me that people think this is a car site.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/overdrive14/2vkkmt3.png

Corey

• Certified OG
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2011, 01:05:17 AM »

if you get one and plan to have the 4wd being actively used, buy a driveshaft from honda (if you can actually find one in stock) for $750 and carry it with you. they are very commonly broken and impossible to find. that is the only thing i have had to replace on mine beside a sway bar endlink breaking and a rotted cat flange. the 4wd with regular all seasons works pretty well in deep new england snow. i assume studded snows work work significantly better.

i had my 4wd wagon in the woods going through shit that 4wd trucks with AT tires couldnt get through. the CRV should be even better with increased ground clearence.

Do you know where they typically break? Do they just twist apart or?

its a 2 peice shaft that has a cv type thing in the center to allow the front shaft to move with the engine because it doesnt have a slip yoke dealy on the tcase (bolted on both ends). the cv in the middle breaks and you have no more 4wd. i dont think a solid driveshaft will work as the motor wouldnt be able to move independently from the driveshaft. maybe you could find a used one around you but there wasnt any within a few hundred miles of me in any junkyards and they said there was a waiting list for them and they wanted like 550 for a used one that is likely to break anyways.

trevor72

• trevwhore
« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2011, 01:56:49 AM »

Wow good read on the CR-V drive shafts. I wil be taking it easy now till this one sells.  (too bad 'cause awd is really fun in the snow)

Brett from what i can tell i will second the shit mileage from the CR-V.  It could still be breaking in but im still not impressed.

Levi, im happy to hear you are getting a truck, even more so to play with EFI more.

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2011, 02:07:51 AM »

Have you considered a Mercedes Gelandewagen?

Minor Threat

• Certified OG
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2011, 11:20:34 AM »

Scoob? The older NA ones get decent milage and go offroad pretty good from what I've read.
"quotquotand the welds look like a pigeon had 1 too many chili-dogs, whoever built them needs to go throw their tools in the ocean."quotquot

www.facebook.com/enhancedautoperformance

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2011, 11:26:30 AM »

Yes a 2007+ G55 AMG, alas even used it was as much as a new truck, and the mileage is equivalent to a blown big block chev.

A 461 "edition pur" (the civilian version of the 461) diesel would be tits too, but they are rarer then a decent unimog.

If I could find a decent one at a decent price of just about any diesel version I would be all over it.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2011, 11:27:48 AM »

Scoob? The older NA ones get decent milage and go offroad pretty good from what I've read.

Can't do it, I have very little logical reason why, other then I just don't like them.

97Econobox

• Certified OG
  • Some may never live, but the crazy never die
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2011, 12:35:30 PM »

I hope every single person with Bright ass HID's in a huge lifted truck dies in a horrible truck fire.

2 birds, one stone.

i ate your mom'#39#39s dick last night :?:

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/nacvicsi/Untitled.gif

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2011, 12:48:28 PM »

Yes a 2007+ G55 AMG, alas even used it was as much as a new truck, and the mileage is equivalent to a blown big block chev.

A 461 "edition pur" (the civilian version of the 461) diesel would be tits too, but they are rarer then a decent unimog.

If I could find a decent one at a decent price of just about any diesel version I would be all over it.

If you can deal with something from the 80's to late 90's they are cheap, even with a diesel. G55 is the baller edition dude, any supercharged V8 that can accelerate one of those bricks from 0-60 anywhere in the 4 second range isn't going to be sippy sippy on the fuel.

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2011, 12:50:49 PM »

Here you go, $11k, with the 617 turbo diesel (that is the same 5cyl 3.0l  engine that was in that blue 300D I had).

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/pml/bar/2642883625.html

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2011, 04:19:04 PM »

Here you go, $11k, with the 617 turbo diesel (that is the same 5cyl 3.0l  engine that was in that blue 300D I had).

If it wasn't right hand drive I would be truly interested. Unfortunately I am picky like that.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2011, 06:02:52 PM »

If it wasn't right hand drive

Well, it appears that it is, and that it isn't.  What am I missing here?

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #79 on: November 22, 2011, 06:57:18 PM »

If it wasn't right hand drive I would be truly interested. Unfortunately I am picky like that.

Ok here is a left hand drive one:

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rch/cto/2685192387.html

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2011, 07:01:09 PM »

Perfect other then no turbo, but I think I could figure out something there. I seem to have collected a few again.

Come January or so when I actually start looking for a vehicle, these are now serious contenders.

hatchboy

• my wife= hotter than a 2 dollar pistol.
  • Certified OG
  • Bombs Over Baghdad
« Reply #81 on: November 22, 2011, 07:06:23 PM »

So let me guess:
12" Full throttle lift
22" Rock stars
40's
HID's
Lope tune
Rollin Coal
Stackz

07.5 Mega Slut
DPF/NOX Delete via FloPro 5" (Don't need the 5" but I prefer deeper quiet sound)
EGR/Cooler Delete via Sinister coolant bypass kit
Smarty S67ME +60 Tune
Kore Leveling kit
Cooper Discover STT's
17" black wheels (Don't remember the brand)
68RFE line pressure booster (I figure if you know anything about 68RFE's you might tear this one apart)
Steering box stablizer
08 steering upgrade+Carli high mount

Does that meet your standards?

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #82 on: November 22, 2011, 07:19:13 PM »

So let me guess:
12" Full throttle lift
22" Rock stars
40's
HID's
Lope tune
Rollin Coal
Stackz

07.5 Mega Slut
DPF/NOX Delete via FloPro 5" (Don't need the 5" but I prefer deeper quiet sound)
Smarty S67ME +60 Tune
Kore Leveling kit
Cooper Discover STT's
68RFE line pressure booster (I figure if you know anything about 68RFE's you might tear this one apart)
Steering box stablizer

You would get looked at like you were Oliver Twist if you came out to a lease site, but that is more my style, Chad would think it is gay. I am not up on my 68RFE's, at this point all I know is they are still a work in progress. If someone made a decent one, we would have twins on my business partners 2010. That and most of the guys racing 6.7's have swapped 48re's in place of the 68rfe's.

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2011, 07:20:34 PM »

Perfect other then no turbo, but I think I could figure out something there. I seem to have collected a few again.

Come January or so when I actually start looking for a vehicle, these are now serious contenders.

You never specified that you were in need of a turbo charged engine :P Anyways there are 617 turbodiesels out there, just do some looking. These things are the closest thing to a unimog you are gonna get that can actually drive on a highway.

hatchboy

• my wife= hotter than a 2 dollar pistol.
  • Certified OG
  • Bombs Over Baghdad
« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2011, 07:32:19 PM »

So let me guess:
12" Full throttle lift
22" Rock stars
40's
HID's
Lope tune
Rollin Coal
Stackz

07.5 Mega Slut
Smarty S67ME +60 Tune
Kore Leveling kit
Cooper Discover STT's
Steering box stablizer

You would get looked at like you were Oliver Twist if you came out to a lease site, but that is more my style,

Why do you say this? There is nothing ricey on the truck whatsoever. stock body aside from wheels and 35" Discovers.
The 68RFE has came a long ways and is proving to be able to put it with a lot of abuse. They are fully electronic so tunable and a few different company's are offering great tunes that are really prolonging the life of this little bastards.

Plus, the factory exhaust break is a blast to play with on a 5" exhaust.

Phate

« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2011, 08:02:13 PM »

Why do you say this? There is nothing ricey on the truck whatsoever. stock body aside from wheels and 35" Discovers.
The 68RFE has came a long ways and is proving to be able to put it with a lot of abuse. They are fully electronic so tunable and a few different company's are offering great tunes that are really prolonging the life of this little bastards.

I think the oliver twist reference wasn't referring to it being ricey, but was more saying people would think you were poor because your truck looks too normal.
It never ceases to confuse me that people think this is a car site.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/overdrive14/2vkkmt3.png

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2011, 08:48:50 PM »

I think the oliver twist reference wasn't referring to it being ricey, but was more saying people would think you were poor because your truck looks too normal.

Winner Winner chicken dinner.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #87 on: November 22, 2011, 08:55:40 PM »

So let me guess:
12" Full throttle lift
22" Rock stars
40's
HID's
Lope tune
Rollin Coal
Stackz

07.5 Mega Slut
Smarty S67ME +60 Tune
Kore Leveling kit
Cooper Discover STT's
Steering box stablizer

You would get looked at like you were Oliver Twist if you came out to a lease site, but that is more my style,

Like I said my business partner has a 2010, it has an H&S with the transmission addon unlocked on it. It is fine for a stock or almost stock truck, but there is no way we are going to put some 100hp sticks in it, an upgraded cp3 and put twins on it. There are lots of guys in this area putting $10K+ into getting built 68rfe's and I have yet to see one take more then 550-600hp for more then a couple weeks.

d-rail

« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2011, 04:28:54 AM »

My experience, ( i didnt feel like reading the whole thread) but here in the fucked up weather indiana has my 2 wheel drive ranger has done great since I put an air locker and 31" mud tires on it. Throw a locker and some good aggressive tires into a 2wd and unless your lookin at driving through a thick nasty whiskey shit, you'll do alright.

• Certified OG
« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2011, 03:40:36 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up