:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JDM P72 questions  (Read 2840 times)

d112crzy

• Certified OG
  • white power
    • CrzyTuning
JDM P72 questions
« on: April 13, 2009, 11:53:01 AM »

Some interesting issues I've encountered lately.

I tuned a customer last week. Basic H22 with skank2 bolt ons. He had a chipped jdm p72 from phearable. I tuned him on my usdm ecu. Since he had the skank2 mani and didn't have the  iacv relocation plate, I disabled it because the plug kept hitting the firewall, causing a short. Anyways, tune goes well, I burn his chip and put it back in his p72. I turn it on for 3 secs to make sure no codes come on and all is well.

He calls me the next morning and tells me that he now has a code 14 and I guess he was also having vss problems(also throwing that code) because his speedo wasn't working anymore. He comes back to my place for me to work on it. I swap in my ecu and both codes go away. wtf? IACV is disabled and so is the vtec speed check.

My guess is that the ecu pinning on the jdm p72 is different than what the us ecu's are? Crome uses a usdm P30 code. I'm just trying to figure out exactly whats the issue here.

We got it running just fine. We replaced the vss and plugged in an extra iacv and we just bolted it up to the firewall since he had one on his IM already. It runs fine now.
www.crzytuning.com

Nobody comes into my house and shits all over it.  

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
Re: JDM P72 questions
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 12:08:46 PM »

VSS speed check makes the ECU not look for VSS to engage VTEC, it does nothing to prevent a CEL 17.

The IACV CEL disable code came from xenocron, who sold it to Rick P.  Since you do not possess the rights to Rick P's original work I cannot offer any support on that matter.

d112crzy

• Certified OG
  • white power
    • CrzyTuning
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 12:46:07 PM »

VSS speed check makes the ECU not look for VSS to engage VTEC, it does nothing to prevent a CEL 17.

I guess I should have mentioned that vtec engaged on my ecu, but once the p72 was used it wouldn't. It ONLY threw codes with the p72 and never with mine.

Fuck RickP.
www.crzytuning.com

Nobody comes into my house and shits all over it.  

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 11:54:13 AM »

Fuck the p72? Have him get a p05 for $25 locally, then use the $10 in parts to make it a p28-spec ecu. I've had more issues with stock VTEC ecu's than the cheapies, oddly enough. Actually all issues were with VTEC ecu's.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid
Pages: [1]   Go Up