Forum > Fabrication

Small Block Chevy Single Turbo Build

<< < (9/10) > >>


--- Quote from: carkrazed on April 16, 2012, 10:19:21 AM ---
--- Quote from: dvst8r on April 16, 2012, 10:11:34 AM ---3/8's O-ring would be my guess.

--- End quote ---

That's what I figured but everything that I've seen that took a straight cut o-ring fitting, had a little race on the port to accept the o-ring. This doesn't.

--- End quote ---

Use -6 AN o-rings! The o-ring is put on the thread-less area at the base of the threads, and seal on the outter chamfer on the female fitting.

Either get a "straight-cut" fitting that only uses an o-ring, or cut off the flare end on the AN fitting. If it screws in w/o bottoming out, you can just pop on an o-ring.

Maybe npt?

3/8 oring would be a -906 I believe.
if a -6 AN is the same 9/16-18 thread an SAE -6 is.


--- Quote from: SecksyPeePee on April 16, 2012, 12:22:24 PM ---Maybe npt?

--- End quote ---

Sounds like BSPP, which is the rest of the worlds version of npt, sort of.

i am familiar, hondas use that for the oil pressure switch. i tap all of my blocks for npt, to make turbo plumbing easier


[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version