:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RHMT DIY Hub Dyno?!?!? check it. (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: do i can tig weld oil drain adaptar to oil pan?  (Read 2838 times)

walter

• Certified OG
do i can tig weld oil drain adaptar to oil pan?
« on: May 18, 2009, 01:34:39 PM »

i will try to get J-b weld but i was wondering if i can use ss rods and try to weld adaptar to oil pan, i got oil lines from Stealthmode..

CSaddict

• Certified OG
Re: do i can tig weld oil drain adaptar to oil pan?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 03:49:40 PM »

Of course you can Walter. Just make sure its the same type of material. You will need steel bungs/barbs for a steel pan and aluminum for, well, aluminum. The ones that come with Steve's kits are brass though and wont weld. You could braze them but I wouldn't bother. You should get steel.
Your fat ass is just going to drive around in your pile of shit car that is marketed towards 40 yr old recently divorced women trying to be hot shit.

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 04:01:03 PM »

get a rod of silicon bronze.  just strike an arc but dont start a pool, then dap the rod in there and it will just suck right into the joint. pretty cool, it is meant for this exact thing, it creates a sealed joint.
malone labe

I think all cop cars need to have turbo. nbspnbsp Then they would understand the necessity of putting your foot down and how uncontrollable the urge is to fucking rail on that shit.

glustic

• Certified OG
  • Jay is a fucking homo
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 04:55:01 PM »

i will try to get J-b weld but i was wondering if i can use ss rods and try to weld adaptar to oil pan, i got oil lines from Stealthmode..

Fuck welding it. Buy a 3/8 NPT tap, drill a hole, put jb in the threads and coat it in and out of the pan. done.
fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.. nbspnbsp BIG FUCKING MISTAKE

-BUK

Teg2boo

• Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 06:31:54 PM »

Walter, be a real man, use JB weld ;)

damn you guys too? its a fucking forum not a court room!
 Its not a forum its a gang.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up