:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Jay & Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP  :'(

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: F2B & H2B nonsense build thread (LOTS of pictures & nsfw)  (Read 62592 times)

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
Re: F2B & H2B nonsense build thread (LOTS of pictures & nsfw)
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2012, 12:10:06 PM »

I like what im seeing!
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2012, 04:17:27 PM »

I'd have to fab a bracket for whatever halfshaft I use, and already have 2 spares for B-series. I would if I had one, since the bracket would be more compact.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2012, 04:55:50 PM »

You might want to try to find one. I used a DA intermediate shaft and had to do a shit load of grinding to get the oil filter to fit. I had a 94+ intermediate shaft that bolted right up, but was the wrong male/female for the teg axle. I ended up making a bracket to use the DA shaft.
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

Tim

• Certified OG
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2012, 05:50:17 PM »

I had a 94+ intermediate shaft that bolted right up, but was the wrong male/female for the teg axle.
Teg axles are male/male 90-93 and female/male 94+
Did u try the other years?

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2012, 06:22:09 PM »

I did some looking, looks like the f22 accord and h22 prelude half-shafts are the same dimensionally, however the h22 is male and the f22 is female.

I don't think it will work since the b-trans has the half-shaft much closer to the block. It will have nothing to bolt to since it's center-line is dead even with the bottom of the block. The bolt holes are much closer to the shaft's center, so the bracket would be much difficult to do right. That also assumes they are the same length as integra half-shafts.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2012, 07:48:22 PM »

I had a 94+ intermediate shaft that bolted right up, but was the wrong male/female for the teg axle.
Teg axles are male/male 90-93 and female/male 94+
Did u try the other years?

I honestly don't remember the situation. I'll have to look at the left over parts to see what is what. I think if I used a 90-93 accord shaft it would be a bolt in deal for me.
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

jdmhatchracer94

• I have a nova that will never run!!
  • Certified OG
  • Official RHMT Nigglet!
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2012, 11:32:46 PM »

The h swap we did in eg was 90-93 accord int and 90-92 teg axles with accord inner joints. Just thinkin interms of length for the h2b
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 12:17:16 AM by jdmhatchracer94 »
4 door eg nbspnbsp 13.2@118 someone needs to run slicks
338hp 293tq

Good enough to fuck your mother

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2012, 06:15:37 PM »

I GOT IT RUNNING TODAY!

Runs really rough, but then again it was an unmodified P06 map. I also had the iacv plugged/hanging off and the alternator plugged in but laying on the intake manifold. I'm also unsure about injectors, since I swapped out the 4 peak/hold injectors for 4 random saturated injectors. It's really nigger-rigged to the max - I just wanted to toss it together & test the engine before I pull it out again.

I used an older D15 harness from a firewall-MAP '92 DX. It really needed some TLC. I have to lengthen the thermo switch wires, swap the accord's long alternator wires onto it, then re-wrap it in all new split-loom and tape.

Then I'll toss on the original alternator and A/C pump so I can run the belt it came with. The final step (besides the brackets) will be to make a 6" exhaust extension to reach the cat. I'll just use clamps since the del sol is the temporary chassis.

jdmhatchracer94

• Certified OG
  • Official RHMT Nigglet!
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2012, 01:14:45 AM »

Nice at least you know it runs now
338hp 293tq

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2012, 07:06:53 PM »

Fuck yea!

Tim

• Certified OG
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2012, 07:26:08 PM »

Good work. Take lots of pics when you pull it. I've wanted to do this for so long because of the stigma 'you can't do that' Fucking awesome.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2012, 11:20:53 PM »

Well I really put my balls on the chopping block with the motors I've bought so far. I'm really glad it's all come together so far.

And don't worry, I want to make a japanese tourist blush when it comes to the picture taking. I'll definitely be doing this to two cars now, I'm really getting into it again. It's nice to not have much time and money into a build, to not care if it blows up in a week.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2012, 11:23:48 PM »

I forgot to post in this thread what MAP sensors I plan to use. I was originally going to use my "stealth" diy units, but I've been saving these up. They came from omniman himself, read the engraving:

jdmhatchracer94

• Certified OG
  • Official RHMT Nigglet!
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2012, 11:37:02 PM »

Nice i would rock one
338hp 293tq

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2012, 06:41:49 PM »

Today I got the car running much better today thanks to JD. I used a tuned map from him, rescaled for injector size, and put in stock F22 fuel values. I also wired an F22 distributor for internal coil so it bolts up to an obd1 Civic/Teg harness easily. It purrs like a lion since it's open header atm. Revs better than some stock cars I know of. ;DDD

Now it's write-up time. Two, actually.

First write-up: modifying a distributor from external coil to internal coil. Not just swapping distributors. In this case it will be 94 F22 distributor.

Parts required: External coil distributor, 18-20awg wire, small ring terminals, small spade terminals, obd1/obd2 Honda coil.

First open the distributor and find the ICM aka igniter. It will have the wires hanging off of it. In this picture the coil has already been installed from a B18B1. Nearly all 90's obd1/obd2 distributors use the same coil and bolt right in.

The orange arrow is the wire you'll be tapping into and wiring to the positive side of the coil. The green arrow is the connector you'll be wiring to the negative side of the coil. The positive terminal on the coil is closest to the ICM, the negative is the farthest.

Cut the green wire near the grommet that seals the wire as it exits the distributor. You can leave it in the connector or remove it. Pull the rest inside through the plastic sheath to the coil.

Put a ring terminal on that wire and connect it to the negative side of the coil. To clairify, you're wiring the green wire (on the ICM/igniter pin that's on the top nearest the coil) to the furthest terminal (negative) on the coil. In my case I borrowed the wire off of the B18B1 distributor and left the green wire hang (I put shrink wrap on it afterwards). I recommend shrink wrap on the ring terminal ends to prevent problems.

Last you'll tap into the black/yellow wire that's on the middle top terminal on the ICM/igniter. You'll run that lead to the nearest terminal on the coil (positive). I used some OEM wire from a harness, crimped it onto the ring terminal, then soldered it to the wire to keep it very secure.

Toss on a P54 distributor cap (many OBD1/2 Accord/Civic/Integras) and you're done.

Second write-up: adding a tach/rpm wire to a JDM small-plug 8-wire distributor (H23A & F20B).

Parts required: JDM 8-wire distributor, 18-20awg wire, small spade terminal, obd1/obd2 Honda coil, 2-wire distributor clip (or whatever you plan on using if not obd1).

Locate the ICM aka igniter. On it there may be an output tab for the tach wire. It will be on the side by itself, nearest the coil - just above the orange arrow in the picture below. Crimp an insulated clip to a wire (preferably BLUE), clip it on it, then run it out of the distributor. I was able to drill through the rubber grommet using a drill bit ~25% larger than the wire, drilling at high speed with a slow feed rate. Put a screwdriver head or metal on the other side, since it will pull through fast and could cut a wire. In the picture I used a green wire from an F22 dizzy. Oddly enough, the blue wire is usually discolor to a green color inside the distributor.

Now you'll have 9 wires coming out of the distributor. At this point you might want to run the blue wire through the plastic sheath that the other wires run through. Connect the rogue blue wire you just added to the blue wire on the 2-pin distributor wire (or whatever clip you're using). You now have a tach/rpm wire.

Once that's done, you'll want to depin the black/yellow wire on the 8-pin clip. It may have a different color rubber insulator than the other wires, and it will be in a corner hole. Cut the spade terminal off and solder it to the 2-wire clip's black/yellow wire. You're now done and ready to use a low-milage distributor.

Note: you may not have that extra side pin on the igniter. If this is the case, I've read that you can instead hook it to the negative side of the coil. I have not tried this, but that's how aftermarket tachs can be added to almost any car, so it should work. In my case I had the igniter tab, and got the tach to work on an OBD1 engine harness.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 08:03:07 PM by HiProfile »

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2012, 11:14:46 PM »

Looking good, any bracket updates?

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2012, 12:19:24 AM »

Not really, other than I have an assload of grade-8 bolts now.

Since I have the engine running and the wiring figured out, I'll be pulling the engine to fab the brackets. 3+ sets depending on how I feel.

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2012, 10:35:10 AM »

Not really, other than I have an assload of grade-8 bolts now.

Since I have the engine running and the wiring figured out, I'll be pulling the engine to fab the brackets. 3+ sets depending on how I feel.

Sweet dont forget mine :noel:

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2012, 12:01:48 PM »

DO WORK!

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2012, 06:36:31 PM »

Thread jack time!

Think its worth going with s2000 pistons? I can get a set for about $30 with rings from a local. Only down side would be having to rebushing the rods and bore 1mm to 87, upside is a forged piston on the cheap.

Or Should I just go k20a2 rods/ pistons?

Power wise, over 500hp most likely.

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2012, 07:29:09 PM »

I wouldn't bore that much with 500+whp plans. I'm not super familiar with what stock F sleeves can handle, but it just seems like too much in my mind.
obd1>gtgtall

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2012, 08:49:00 PM »

I wouldn't bore that much with 500+whp plans. I'm not super familiar with what stock F sleeves can handle, but it just seems like too much in my mind.

Eyeball says there a fair amount thicker then stock D sleeves. Thinking big dirty power done even cheaper then a vitara motor :evil:

Best part about it, if it blows up I dont have much into it hahahaha

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2012, 10:01:28 PM »

Eyeball says there a fair amount thicker then stock D sleeves. Thinking big dirty power done even cheaper then a vitara motor :evil:

Curios to see how this turns out.  :noel:

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2012, 10:03:19 PM »

Curios to see how this turns out.  :noel:

I ask JD what he would rather see me bring down this year to Nc NE meet. Its either the dirty big boost F or a high Hp n/a dohc zc.

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2012, 11:25:23 PM »

Judging by the f23 I have torn apart, the cylinders look just as thick as D's. I have the f23, LS, and D torn apart. If I get time I'll measure them.
obd1>gtgtall

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2012, 12:25:57 AM »

The s2k pistons may take a lot, but they've got 3 things going against them. A) made for FRM liners, B) much stronger than a 1mm-thinner-than-stock sleeve, C) very large dome. The first point may not even get you past the green light.

I think K20 pistons/rods are a better idea. You'd have to flip the pistons around just like the k20 pistons. The s2k pistons with K20 rods will yield ~9.5-9.3:1 while the K20A3 pistons/rods get ~9.3:1 on an F23. I think K20 pistons with 86mm bores will be stronger than F20C pistons with 1mm less sleeve. Less work as well.

Then you'd only need the f23 sleeves honed straight to a .0015-20" clearance, set the ring gap accordingly, and go to town. People take the F-series bottom ends to 350+ with high mileage & stock ring gaps, so with stronger pistons built for boosting...

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2012, 10:30:28 AM »

The s2k pistons may take a lot, but they've got 3 things going against them. A) made for FRM liners, B) much stronger than a 1mm-thinner-than-stock sleeve, C) very large dome. The first point may not even get you past the green light.

I think K20 pistons/rods are a better idea. You'd have to flip the pistons around just like the k20 pistons. The s2k pistons with K20 rods will yield ~9.5-9.3:1 while the K20A3 pistons/rods get ~9.3:1 on an F23. I think K20 pistons with 86mm bores will be stronger than F20C pistons with 1mm less sleeve. Less work as well.

Then you'd only need the f23 sleeves honed straight to a .0015-20" clearance, set the ring gap accordingly, and go to town. People take the F-series bottom ends to 350+ with high mileage & stock ring gaps, so with stronger pistons built for boosting...

Ah yes I see what you mean, I thought 1mm maybe to much considering I will most likely push it really hard :evil:

I can get e85 really easy so I think I may just stick with the original idea of k20a2 rods and pistons and shoot for more compression.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2012, 02:09:50 AM »

Big turbo and low boost. The car will be much lighter than an F23 is used to moving, geared better, and will still spool much faster than a B18 would.

Back on track, I got the TPS fixed today but this F22 uses a 56mm TB. I've decided to do a Delta 272 cam so I'll probably go to 60mm. I also got the harness pulled apart and the alternator wire in. Tomorrow I'll be soldering on a few pigtails from the spare f22, f23, and h23a harnesses rather than just extending the plugs. Then I'll wrap it up and have a nice EG/DC harness that will work with an obd1 vtec & IAB H/F-series motor. No pics til x-mas since my girl took my camera 5hrs north to her mom's place.

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2012, 07:43:26 AM »

Your girl aka that roommate you got a while back? Lol
obd1>gtgtall

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2012, 12:29:10 PM »

Hows the brackets coming?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up