Forum > Hybrid/Tech

Weird civic glitch

(1/2) > >>

stealthiskey:
D16z6 na.
Been going on for over a year.  Rev limit comes on at 6500 instead of 7400.  Did it on the old engine as well.  ECU is chipped, rev limit is set to 7400 in crome.  On a stock p28 bin now, but I think it was doing it on the boosted map as well.  I'll play around with it a bit more, just thought I'd ask the braintrust...

Ever heard of that, any ideas?

HiProfile:
Cold rev limiter? My guess is the ECT sensor isn't reading correct, which is separate from the gauge sensor, so the ecu keeps the limiter low. Also check the ignition timing in the vtec map, crome sometimes puts big blocks of values to -6 degrees. Also check the cat converter, sometimes a plugged cat does this.

HiProfile:
Someone just posted something similar on H-T, their tach was off by more than 1000rpm. They figured out what rpm it should be at 60mph in 5th, and it was off by the same percentage (600rpm low at that speed). http://www.zealautowerks.com/transcalc.php

See what a datalog would say, or try changing the rev limit on the chip.

turbohf:
mine always seem to be off more at higher rpms.

my car datalogs 850rpms at idle and cluster shows around 1100-1150... hits revlimiter at indicated ~6500rpm. should be 7200....

car runs out of gas when you hit the E line... think the speedo is so wrong it ended up being right with the car on 17's..... and i never trust that oem coolant gauge does anything.... OEM clusters are pretty useless.  :-*

ratcityrex:
None of my cars have ever been off by much. Maybe a couple hundred rpms at rev limiter but other than that it's been fine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version