Forum > Hybrid/Tech

intake manifold theory?

(1/4) > >>

turbohf:
so manifold in question would be H22A in all motor forum. I won't buy a skunk2 or other manifold cuz I'm a Jew.

what would yelled the best power? no so much concerned with peak power as I am with a solid flat torque curve.
i have been searching and some stuff seems to be missleading.

leave it all and lightly port and match everything
remove iabs?
remove iabs and plate?
leave plate but gut/port it?
then i have seen a couple gut/cut the ports almost all the way to the bottom. making a super plenum and short runners

so yeah. what's the theory with this?.... remember I want more torque. motor will be higher compression with cams and shit to match....

92CXyD:
More torque, usually less revs => Long runners

More HP, usually more revs => Short runners.

I remember talking to Chris M about this a years back, he took the upper plenum, IABs, and spacer and put two TBs (not sure what size).
Granted that would be favorable towards less torque more HP.
But this is just a out of the ordinary idea.

Maybe cleanup the ports, keep the IABs and spacer see what you get. Then get rid of IABS and spacer and see if that will satisfy.  :noel:

turbohf:
yeah I remember chris talking about odd shit like that. would like to keep in mostly simple if possible.

I guess I could swap out a gutted spacer and or double spacer setup on the dyno. wouldn't be too hard to do on the fly. but also not sure what kind of hood clearance I will have?

bottom end will be a 2.3L... so lower rev'er.

Minor Threat:
gut iab plate x2 stack em up hog the fuck out of everything. bigger is better on h22

turbohf:

--- Quote from: Minor Threat on October 24, 2014, 08:01:28 PM ---gut iab plate x2 stack em up hog the fuck out of everything. bigger is better on h22

--- End quote ---

see i have heard that, but i have seen a couple dynos where the torque was fuckin dead down low, it comes back after VTEC to make more tq and hp... but if it kills it down low this swap is void. ill look for them again to make this a informative posts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version