Forum > General Discussion

bought me an LSX swap!.... ok its a 2000 Silverado..DD status.

(1/8) > >>

turbohf:
...and it came with a free truck  :P

2000 Silverado LS, 5.3L LM7, regular cab short bed. pretty decent shape. needs a good cut/buff on body and lights. its got some wheels, 03 taillights, speakers (that ill probably replace), billet grill insert, muffler (flowmaster looking) with 2.5'ish tailpipe. runs and drives great.
bought it to use as my new daily driver, and Nova parts hauler.

i flew to Boise ID in the morning, got there like 1pm (different time zone) looked it over, only got a slightly jew price. about 200bucks off, told him he could keep his radio (they put one in it). swapped radios (brought my own) and headed off on my 507mile journey home.... Air conditioning on, cruise control set, tunes playing. pretty much long boring uneventual drive. and proved itself a solid DD. even 90+ deg out, going over mountains/pass'/etc with AC on and CC to 70-75. temp never went above like 195 indicated. got down to 180 on the back side of the mountain.

got to love the higher speedlimits in the middle of no where...

70-80mph pretty much the whole way, up mountains and shit... got about 20mpg.  :-\ good for that truck i guess.

oh yeah:

bought this shit like last week. pre-wired the radio, dropped it in the dash kit, and threw it in my bag. swapped it right there in the dealers lot. lol.... ill probably do the speakers later. its got speakers in it, but i dont know what they are, maybe ill swap them to the Nova...

thats it for now i guess. i have a shitload of little things i want to do to her... anyones interested i might update ya...

:Jew:

highroller54:
Looks good! Keep us posted.

1CRX2NV:
About time you got a real vehicle..

ratcityrex:
Right on. Looks pretty straight for a dd.

turbohf:

--- Quote from: 1CRX2NV on July 19, 2015, 07:32:19 PM ---About time you got a real vehicle..

--- End quote ---

i have a 1966 Nova also, ass.... i am rid of all the honda's and there shit.

--- Quote from: ratcityrex on July 19, 2015, 08:28:37 PM ---Right on. Looks pretty straight for a dd.

--- End quote ---

yeah, thanks. excited.

so ill make a post of the shit im doing later... BUT. i rolled down my windows. and started removing a over complicated stealth installed alarm. truck starts fine, checked threwout the uninstall. but went to do something (dont even remember now) and the fuckin passenger window wont roll up!!!!!!!!

i pulled apart both switches and cleaned contacts (well just the passenger on main switch), you hear a click on both sides. it rolled down just fine. i vented it a couple times on my drive, and i remember 100% now that the dealer had rolled it down to the bottom to try to open the door (sticky lock, get to that shit later).... so i have seen it work. FUCK...

it looks like its topped out at 95* here.... i can feel my skin burning threw the spf50... hate.

but hey, really i am still in an ok mood. other wise i would have given up. still excited as fuck... but someone help?

:Jew:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version