Forum > Hybrid/Tech

That's Clutch

(1/2) > >>

Panis:
Clutch is an epic band, Clutchmasters is expensive sex, and XTD most likely will cause AIDS. Having said all that...

An FX500 from Clutchmasters is going to cost me about $350 whereas an XTD is dirt cheap. I did some searching on here and found some info from years ago that says they (XTD) work fine on boosted D series but I'm building a mild 250hp LSVTEC and would like to save money for injectors and other shit. Anyone have experience with a B series hydro XTD unit? I ran a 6 puck on my D16Z6 for about 2 years on 10psi (untuned FMU  :mexi: ) without a problem. And I'm planning to get a Phantom grip LSD to put in my LS tranny.

Save me money but don't spare the harsh truth.  :noel:

92CXyD:
Never had issues with XTD  :noel:

Yes they have their limits on torque capacity, I've maxed out a stage 3 before, later put a stage 5 on and never had issues. :noel:

ratcityrex:
Is it ever gonna get traction? Call up mike at lsd. For about $300 you can get a decent clutch for a good price. I got a lsd dragged full face disk which is rated at like 330tq. And I put down over that at the wheels and it never slipped. And it's still rocking strong after 40k miles and in 2 different cars.

Panis:
This is going to be strictly a street car/daily driven/no street racing. I just want my civic to have extra power for the highway and interstate. So it's going to be on street tires.

Panis:
Anyone know of a more affordable alternative that will hold in this power range?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version