Forum > Hybrid/Tech

That's Clutch

<< < (2/2)

robus:
I got an Lsd clutch (4 puck) when I had a D16, lasted me 6 months maybe less, I know others here are happy with Lsd but that's my experience and I wouldn't touch their clutches.
Whereas now I'm very happy with Competition clutch on a boosted H22. Would def. get one of theirs again.

danz:
The really heavy XTD clutches that actually hold power crack and fail, and the lower clamping force ones don't hold power.  They are balanced for shit.

I would go Comp clutch, they seemed to work good for me, used lots of them.

ratcityrex:

--- Quote from: robus on July 25, 2015, 12:31:19 PM ---I got an Lsd clutch (4 puck) when I had a D16, lasted me 6 months maybe less, I know others here are happy with Lsd but that's my experience and I wouldn't touch their clutches.
Whereas now I'm very happy with Competition clutch on a boosted H22. Would def. get one of theirs again.

--- End quote ---

So the big problem here is you didn't contact Mike at lsd. If there was a problem like that he would have fixed it. Had a clutch disk from him that wasn't machined correctly and he overnighted a new disk to me. He farmed out some work to a local shop to do for him and they fucked it up. Also throw some other free shit in the box too. Your not just paying for a good product but also the service that backs that product.

That being said I've seen lots of people running cc with great results.

--- Quote from: danz on July 25, 2015, 04:17:30 PM ---The really heavy XTD clutches that actually hold power crack and fail, and the lower clamping force ones don't hold power.  They are balanced for shit.

I would go Comp clutch, they seemed to work good for me, used lots of them.

--- End quote ---

I used a xtd 6 puck stage 3 bla bla bla this that and the other stage and it held 180whp and 180tq. It grabbed like a mofo. Was no slipping involved with it. When I would try to slip it, it would grab so hard it felt like you were busting parts. Went to the track a few times with it and it did ok, but it's life was short lived and started slipping after a short while. Pedal felt the same as a stock disk did. Pretty sure it was just a 6 puck disk and stock pressure plate.

To where as the lsd clutch had a stock disk but the sprung finger section of the pp had a double set of fingers stacked so it had alot more holding power.

crxvtec91:
My lsd motor sports clutch died after 30,000 HARD miles, and after making 100ft/lbs more then it was rated for :evil: :noel:

Panis:
I've decided to go with the Clutchmasters FX500. Update to follow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version