Forum > Fabrication

making my 73 ford courier go fast, turn, and stop

<< < (3/81) > >>

fastivab6tg25mr:
slow at work so me and my boss started playing around with ideal ride height. put the tires(245-40-17) in the wheel wells and set it on stands but then we got busy so i spent the rest of the day staring at it. the more i stared the more i wanted to drive it. with that motivation i finished my tubular control arms mounts, welded in cross member reinforcements and  got my main steering rack mount in. tonight i pulled the cab off to fit the engine. looks like the fire wall will need to pushed back round 8 inches to get the engine seated low enough and back enough to make me happy. more pics to come

92CXyD:
I'm liking the progress, now do more work NOW!!!!!!!  :noel: :noel: :noel: :noel:

fastivab6tg25mr:
after a week of going back and forth with amazon trying to get my Chassis Engineering rack mount kit and continuously getting the wrong part i said fuck it im making my own.

a piece of 1/2" wide by 2" tall aluminum

making threaded inserts

finally mounted. i could probably lift the car from this rack lol

ratcityrex:
Right on. Looks good

fastivab6tg25mr:
playing with some card board i came up with my engine mount brackets. took a few tries but i think i have the design down.Gonna make them out of the same 10ga the cross member is made of... when all boxed up it should be plenty strong enough to hold my projected 500whp in place.

P.S. when im done im gonna turn this thread into a photo album that stays in my truck to beat the fuck out of all the fags cambered out with rims with "built not bought" stickers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version