:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got video of your car doing rippers or dirty 2/3rds? post them up! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any one know how to set up a Honda Bseries for reverse rotation?  (Read 427 times)

fastivab6tg25mr

• chicken fucker
  • Certified OG
  • RHMT

My buddy has a GSR in his garage and we want to swap it into his 68 Datsun wagon. There used to be quite a few RWD set up reverse rotation B Series around but there doesn't seem to be any information on how to make it happen. I'm sure it's not as simple as swapping intake and exhaust cams and putting the timing belt tensioner on the other side of the block. Any leads or input is appreciated.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
Re: Any one know how to set up a Honda Bseries for reverse rotation?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2024, 04:01:30 PM »

My buddy has a GSR in his garage and we want to swap it into his 68 Datsun wagon. There used to be quite a few RWD set up reverse rotation B Series around but there doesn't seem to be any information on how to make it happen. I'm sure it's not as simple as swapping intake and exhaust cams and putting the timing belt tensioner on the other side of the block. Any leads or input is appreciated.

I remember a VW rabbit with a D16, and VW bug with an H22 somewhere on here  :?:

random-strike

• Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2024, 11:56:24 AM »

the VW transmissions spin the opposite way or some shit
Double doors, marble floors, naked hoes around me

fastivab6tg25mr

• chicken fucker
  • Certified OG
  • RHMT
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2024, 02:24:13 PM »

I found references to the vw builds but not the actual builds. I'm curious if it would be possible to make a 1:1 gear drive and run the cams in the normal reverse rotation while changing the crank direction.

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2024, 12:18:30 PM »

You wouldn't swap the cams, just re-time them for the reverse rotation. The ramp up and down on the lobes would be funky but would work. My main concern would be the oil pump though. Seems like it wouldn't work backwards. Electric water pump would handle the water pump rotation hurdle.
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2024, 12:44:56 PM »

You wouldn't swap the cams, just re-time them for the reverse rotation. The ramp up and down on the lobes would be funky but would work. My main concern would be the oil pump though. Seems like it wouldn't work backwards. Electric water pump would handle the water pump rotation hurdle.

Electric oil pump for continues duty, or drysump setup another way  :noel:
Pages: [1]   Go Up