Forum > General Discussion

Cessna 170 upgrade

(1/3) > >>

malichite:
So, I bought this airplane a while ago.  Engine finally let go.  Original engine is a 145hp carbureted 300ci Continental C145. Check out the wear on the OUTSIDE of the main bearing.

malichite:
We decided after this, time to go big or go home.  With this being a certified airplane, you have to either use the original engine, swap it under an STC or Field Approvals.  field approvals are insanely hard so we went the STC route.  The biggest engine we could do legally is a fuel injected 360ci 210hp continental.  Fuck it, time to blow all the monies.  First thing first, upgrade the fuel system.  Need to add a header tank for the fuel return loop.

malichite:
Old header tank is buried behind the panel.  Need to make new fuel lines to run up to the wing tanks.  Will reutilize the old vents for fuel return and add new vents outboard on the tanks.

MTZ:
i really need to get a part 103 and start flying

malichite:
Probably a lot easier to fly part 107 hahaha.  Since I have my pilots license, the part 107 was a gimmi.  Not sure how entailed it is if you dont have a pilots license, but let me know if you have any questions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version