:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RHMT DIY Hub Dyno?!?!? check it. (link)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: WTF is everyone driving in these dark times?!  (Read 10893 times)

rawr

• Certified OG
Re: WTF is everyone driving in these dark times?!
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2021, 11:35:27 PM »

That trek fuel though. That's a fat stack of hotpockets. You living that singletrack sampler life in the free candy van?
It's a 2021 Remedy 8, definitely a fat stack of hot pockets. My daughter has a 2021 Fuel EX. 
She just broke her wrist riding at Mammoth bike park with me.

I lived in the van for a year to save money for an early retirement plan, but then ended up with my dream job making decent money. So I moved back into an apt. Now I'm saving to buy a house.
I miss living in the van sometimes, but almost every weekend I'm living out of it on a road trip. 
My retirement plan is to have a house as a home base and travel the country in my van. Living places for a few months at a time. Either riding my mtb or snowboarding.

Picture is from a recent road trip to Bend, OR and her eating shit at Mammoth

Hell yea dude I'm super jealous. I'd love to go out there and do some riding. I'm not even sure I have the gas tank to ride in the mountains at elevation though.

n/a mike

• Mr. Hotpocket
  • Certified OG
  • RHMT
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2021, 11:22:44 AM »

That trek fuel though. That's a fat stack of hotpockets. You living that singletrack sampler life in the free candy van?
It's a 2021 Remedy 8, definitely a fat stack of hot pockets. My daughter has a 2021 Fuel EX. 

I lived in the van for a year to save money for an early retirement plan, but then ended up with my dream job making decent money. So I moved back into an apt. Now I'm saving to buy a house.
I miss living in the van sometimes, but almost every weekend I'm living out of it on a road trip. 
My retirement plan is to have a house as a home base and travel the country in my van. Living places for a few months at a time. Either riding my mtb or snowboarding.

Hell yea dude I'm super jealous. I'd love to go out there and do some riding. I'm not even sure I have the gas tank to ride in the mountains at elevation though.
Dude I'm fat and out of shape.
It's bike park season, we ride the lift to the top then ride back downhill.

Pedaling up trails at elevation kicks my ass, but I'll get to the top. When we were in Bend we rode a trail 5 miles up 900' elevation. It wasn't too bad.
Here in SoCal we have 3 local bike parks, 2 have a lift the other doesn't. The one without a lift is only a 300' elevation climb over 3/4 mile. It's a lot of fun, but that climb gets old after the 4th lap.
Where are you living now? There has to be good riding somewhere near you.

rawr

• Certified OG
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2021, 10:43:52 AM »

Dude I'm fat and out of shape.
It's bike park season, we ride the lift to the top then ride back downhill.

Pedaling up trails at elevation kicks my ass, but I'll get to the top. When we were in Bend we rode a trail 5 miles up 900' elevation. It wasn't too bad.
Here in SoCal we have 3 local bike parks, 2 have a lift the other doesn't. The one without a lift is only a 300' elevation climb over 3/4 mile. It's a lot of fun, but that climb gets old after the 4th lap.
Where are you living now? There has to be good riding somewhere near you.

Oh cool. Here in Ohio the MTB trails are super choppy and tech they're not very fun to ride. All the videos I've seen out west they're pretty flowy even if there's some tech. Here its just weird rooty crap, weird rocks and short punchy climbs with tech downhill that you have to kill all of your speed on that end on more rooty climbs. Our Local MTB park has literally one jump and its just a little rock drop launch. Its more fun to ride my gravel bike back there, my fuel ex7 just feels like extreme overkill.

I mostly just do gravel and road riding here. Been registering for gravel races and getting my ass absolutely kicked and that's been fun.

n/a mike

• Mr. Hotpocket
  • Certified OG
  • RHMT
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2021, 12:34:21 PM »

Oh cool. Here in Ohio the MTB trails are super choppy and tech they're not very fun to ride. All the videos I've seen out west they're pretty flowy even if there's some tech. Here its just weird rooty crap, weird rocks and short punchy climbs with tech downhill that you have to kill all of your speed on that end on more rooty climbs. Our Local MTB park has literally one jump and its just a little rock drop launch. Its more fun to ride my gravel bike back there, my fuel ex7 just feels like extreme overkill.

I mostly just do gravel and road riding here. Been registering for gravel races and getting my ass absolutely kicked and that's been fun.
Go out to Bentonville, they have amazing mtb and gravel riding. You can rent a emtb and ride all kinds of flowy trails. I've driven out there twice from San Diego. I'll be there again next spring.

I want to get a road bike so I can ride after work for exercise, but I also I want to buy a downhill bike for when I hit bike parks.
Not that I'm good enough to need a DH bike. My Remedy is more than enough bike for me right now.
I'm better at technical trails than I am at jumps on my full suspension bike. the full suspension bike feels weird to me on jumps.

rawr

• Certified OG
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2021, 07:56:26 AM »

I'll check it out. I was planning on going down to pisgah too since that's a little closer and I know there's some cool places there.

My current main rig

MTZ

• Webadmin
  • Certified OG
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2021, 12:22:03 PM »

I'll check it out. I was planning on going down to pisgah too since that's a little closer and I know there's some cool places there.

My current main rig

you guys made me think of an old peugot road bike i inherited from my dad, got it color matching my car, and fixed the wire controls. need to use it more. ill post a pic later its been a few years
ur fucking feet are disgusting.

btw that nail prolly rotted from u fingering widebody in the ass

its called toering

n/a mike

• Mr. Hotpocket
  • Certified OG
  • RHMT
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2021, 11:14:12 PM »

My current main rig

you guys made me think of an old peugot road bike i inherited from my dad, got it color matching my car, and fixed the wire controls. need to use it more. ill post a pic later its been a few years
I used to have my dad's first road bike (Kmart bike from the 70s) and the best road bike he owned (an early 80s Raleigh)
I wish I still had them.
He used to ride long distances and even did some bike packing in the 80s. Around 1990 he started riding mtb.

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2021, 03:14:39 PM »

My daily is a 2006 Cadillac CTS-V. It gets the job done. Basically stock except for a few things the factory should have done. Still have a couple shitty Hondas and my E36 M3 that hasn't been on the road in about 11-12 years. Oh, and a CJ7 with 4" lift on 35"s
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2021, 06:47:13 AM »

Presently driving a 2008 Civic DX that was left in a field for five years because the previous owners couldn't afford to put a clutch in it.  It cleaned up great and while the paint is hurt you can't tell unless trying to pick it apart.  It's surprising the number of people who can't grasp driving a car they have one day's pay in.

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
  • Go outside and play hide and go fuckyourself
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2021, 02:16:58 AM »

Shitbox
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 02:18:31 AM by bigdaddyvtec »
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/joeymisanthropy/Misce/TURBOTHIS.jpg

H series 35 pounds... Will turn you out!
 ---GFI we build FAST---

j.h.christ

• Certified OG
  • Compl3x is a giant faggot
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2021, 03:54:23 PM »

Been picking up shit for cheap and fixing for a while.

02 Sierra 1500 4.8
04 Corolla for a daily- paid 500, put some tie rods in it, still daily it
06 c240 automatic, picked up for stupid cheap with 80k miles
13 jetta tdi wagon
01 yamaha midnight star
02 Indian scout
90 goldwing
86 xr350r

I've got too much shit
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8090/lolcart.gif
"quotquotI spent most of my money on booze and women. The rest I just wasted."quotquot

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
  • Go outside and play hide and go fuckyourself
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2021, 04:34:59 PM »

You can ride this <3

Been picking up shit for cheap and fixing for a while.

02 Sierra 1500 4.8
04 Corolla for a daily- paid 500, put some tie rods in it, still daily it
06 c240 automatic, picked up for stupid cheap with 80k miles
13 jetta tdi wagon
01 yamaha midnight star
02 Indian scout
90 goldwing
86 xr350r

I've got too much shit
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/joeymisanthropy/Misce/TURBOTHIS.jpg

H series 35 pounds... Will turn you out!
 ---GFI we build FAST---

SloS13

• RHMT Ex-President
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • My avatar is broken
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2021, 01:14:46 PM »

Sold my S and got this.  Much quicker. 0-60 3.5ish

https://imgur.com/IIXsfUi

« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 01:16:48 PM by SloS13 »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up